Stargate SG-1

Stargate SG-1: Continuum

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jul 29, 2008 on Syfy

• Mixed feelings

This second movie since the end of the great SG1 series was clearly more hyped than the first one. Two major reasons for this were the return of the Goa'uld, who the fans always prefered to the Ori and of course, the presence of Richard Dean Anderson, back as the one and only Jack O`Neil.
    I was exicted with Jack`s return but it turned out to be a major dissapointment for me. He was in the movie for some 10 minutes..we had some classic Jack one liners and that`s it. We never got to see him in action..dissapointing given that they did much promotion around RDA`s presence in this movie. I wanted to see Jack- Ba'al/Teal`c/Sam/Daniel interactions..got very few of these.
    I usually ignore some flaws here and there and just enjoy but some here were difficult to overlook. Daniel is one legged at a point and all in form with two legs by the end?? Another dissapointment was Baa`l getting killed by Quetesh rather early and without a fight.
    But other than that, the movie was a fun adventure. It was great to see the team again..the cast is still doing great. Having the whole Goa'uld thing again was nice. Also great to see Cliff Simons (Baa`l) again as well as the General Hammond (RIP Don S Davis). Special effects were good. Story itself was solid. They did a good job with Vala..having Quetesh back was the most effective way to use her. Interesting to see Teal`c as first prime again even if he was nowhere near as "bad" as he was when first prime of Apophis (nice to see him too), but it was actually good cause the "bad Teal`c" and Baa`l just killing everyhing to conquer was done before but here it was a little different.
    We didn`t get closure. There is still room for more stories. I want more SG1 movies but new adventures. I don`t want to see a fight agaisnt the Goa'uld or Ori again..give us fresh stuff. Hopefully there will be more movies...featuring RDA, much more this time.

Overall Continuum was a fun ride with some dissapointments. I think Ark of truth was actually better which is ironic because Goa'uld storylines were always better than Ori storylines..not really the case here. Still worth having and fingers cross for more.