Stargate SG-1

Stargate SG-1: The Ark of Truth

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 11, 2008 on Syfy

• The Ark of Truth was another amazing chapter in the Stargate SG-1 saga. Please do not read if you haven't had the chance to see the movie, spoilers involved!

It closed up the Ori storyline brilliantly, and the character's have really grown. I enjoyed Daniel having such an important edge to the movie, and how the Ancients used him to guide SG-1 to their goal. We were able to see the Replicators again, and see the IOA getting involved in affairs they are obviously not able to handle in the correct manner. Teal'c ability to help Tomin deal with having committed atrocities was very strong. There was an absence without Jack O'Neill's character but the unity stayed strong. I do however wished that the fight at the end between the Ori and the Ancients had been a little longer and a little bigger special effects wise. The soundtrack was amazing throughout the movie, building intensity at all the right spots. I was amazed that they were able to have all of the original characters and the actors who played them from the series in the DVD Movie, great job! My only complaint...please forgive me, but I cannot stand Vala's character, I know she is a great antagonist for SG-1, especially Daniel. But I wanted to reach out and put a gag in her mouth when she started going off at Daniel in the beginning of the movie, and her barbs towards him later on, also got on my nerves - she simply talk to much. SG-1 really just needs the four main characters, Sam, Mitchell, Daniel and Teal'c...not a 5th muskateer, please get rid of Vala! I miss the series very much, and have purchased all of the DVD sets, and Stargate Atlantis does not make up for losing SG-1, thankfully we have the new movies. In fact, I would have gladly paid to have seen The Ark of Truth in the movie theatre. Looking forward to Continuum very much, keep the movies coming!!!!!