Stargate SG-1

Stargate SG-1: The Ark of Truth

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 11, 2008 on Syfy

• No doubt in my book, Ark of Truth delivers!

So finally the long awaited Stargate Movie: Ark of Truth. The main focus is the end of the Ori arc but I`ve got to admit that I was on my reserves and expected the movie to be "ok" at best. But I`m happy to say that I was wrong. Ark of truth delivers some great actions, momentum and emotions all leading to a highly satisfying outcome. The writers and actors did an excellent job.
    The story can be divided in 3 (or rather 4) story arcs,all combining later on:
    1. Mitchell and Carter on the ship.
    2.Daniel, Vala and Tomin, prisoners of Adria and her priors.
    3.Teal`c injured and in a solo run to join the Daniel and Vala.
    4.General Landry and his guest, definitly a forgettable story arc.

It was awesome to see the replicators back. I didn`t expect to see them, so I was pretty thrilled. Turn out to be too "terminator like" in the end. A roll eye moment I admit but the amazing action make up to that.
    Morena Baccarin,the actress playing Adria is simply hot! I`m kinda disappointed we got to see so little of her. Still the "final reckoning" of using the Ark of Truth with the Morgan le Fay-Adria ultimate fight was all perfectly executed.
    One disappointment was the under usage of Carter. Amanda Tapping does a great job but was reduce really to just talk via the inter phone in the movie. I expected to see more of her given she`s been a major character and also a fan favorite for the 10 years running show. Can`t say I`m too happy with that Mitchel-Sam thing in the end either.
    So the Ori are defeated and their legacy ended for good. All in a very satisfying conclusion of that particular story arc.
    But it`s not the end of Stargate:Sg1 as they will be back later this year in a movie that promises to be even better than this one, Stargate: Continuum. The movie will feature the undeniable Jack O`Neill(Richard Dean Anderson) and also villain we all love, Ba'al (Cliff Simon). I`m sure it will top the already great Arc of truth. Bring it on.