Stargate SG-1

Stargate SG-1: The Ark of Truth

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 11, 2008 on Syfy

• A great conclusion to the Ori Story

A late review...

I enjoyed this movie, which picks up where the SG-1 series ended. It's a very nice conclusion to the Ori arc which spanned the last two seasons of SG-1. If you liked the Ori story, you'll definitely like the movie. If you didn't like the Ori story, you might still like the movie as it was well-made. Here are some thoughts:

Nice to see Tomin again, who defected to our side after his wavering faith to the Ori in "Line in the Sand".

Nice to see the Doci, and Adria, who looked great enveloped in flames. It would've been nice to have more of the two in the movie, but because of their time constraint, it couldn't happen.

Nice special effects.

The story was very good. My only reservation is the re-use of replicators, probably because we've had the human-form replicators in Atlantis recently and it felt like overuse. I don't think the IOA's desperate idea of using replicators was completely out of the question, although it was crazy and reckless.

The main characters were all good. Daniel saves the day. Vala is...Vala. Mitchell is strong with exta-human endurance. Teal'c is strong and determined. Carter is science, although I'd say she had the least role out of all of them. It was unfortunate but understandable that O'Neill wasn't there, as this movie was related to the last two seasons of SG-1.

Overall, a very nice movie, indeed!