Stargate SG-1

The Quest (1)

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 22, 2006 on Syfy

• When Daniel figures out the location to Merlin's weapon, SG-1 travels there to find it. It's not long before Ori soldiers, and others, arrive for the same reason.

In the words of Colonel Mitchell, "That's what I'm talking about." This hour proved to be not only an excellent mid-season finale, but a great episode overall. It has so many things that one could look for. Advancement in the Ori storyline, with encounters with Ori soldiers and a major step in the search for Merlin's weapon. Some major villains make appearances, including Adria, getting to show off those pretty brown eyes, and the delightfully arrogant Ba'al, who is forced to team up with SG-1 to find the weapon. Oh, and did we mention the... well, I guess that would be spoiling it. It is the cliffhanger after all. Let's just say that once they mentioned it two or three times, they had to pay it off. And pay it off they did. I'm looking forward to the continuation of this storyline and SG-1's final ten episodes next year.