Stargate SG-1

The Warrior

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 12, 2002 on Syfy

• Slow motion action sequence. How could I ever forget?

The Warrior is a very interesting episode. Good job, Christopher Judge. I love seeing all the rebels together, all different ones and from different parts. And the little guys with their funky dancing/fighting. That was pretty cool.

It was in this episode that Sam gave a demonstration of the P-90. Although they proved much superior to staff weapons, the Jaffa continue to call staff weapons 'true weapons', which was kind of irritating.

The best part of this episode was, by far, the fight between Teal'c and K'tano. I forget what it is called when the camera swings all the way around them like it did during this fight, but it was awesome. The fight itself, and the effects, were so exciting. High action episode. It was also intense because there was clearly something wrong with K'tano. Unfortunately I already knew because I got ahead of myself with the special features. But Teal'c saved the day; therefore, SG-1 saved the day, yet again, along with saving all the rebels.

• Weapons hardware related episode

This weapons hardware related episode includes a shoot off between the FN P90 Personal Defense Weapon and the Gou'ald staff weapon.

But... squad sized SG units have no idea what they will encounter on the other side of the Stargate.

Would every member of the unit really be equipped with nothing more than a small 5.728mm caliber PDW such as the FN P90?

I can see Sam and Daniel being issued PDWs. Their main job is to study alien science, not to fight alien soldiers.

But Jack is the muscle of the unit. Nothing more. Wouldn't he be issued a larger 7.62x51 caliber battle rifle, such as an HK417? Shouldn't the writers and armorers for the show have considered this more closely?

Also, Teal'c's "staff weapon" has no sights. It can't be aimed accurately. Hardly an "advanced" design considering it is an "advanced" energy weapon as opposed to a "primitive" projectile weapon.

It is far too unwieldy to be a useful indoor weapon. Imagine trying to bring that 2m long staff to bear on an opponent while passing through a narrow doorway.
  • Very thoroughly writen, explains a lot about the gu'auld pshche

Awesome! I think this is one of the top 5 episodes of all-time. It really shows how the Jaffa are followers. Also it shows how manipulative the gu'auld are. They are natural leaders who become very currrupt and arrogant wth power. This episode gives a very indepth "feeling" on how these snakes gain, abuse and die for their power. Great episode. Christopher Judege has a career in writing.
  • Impressive

I really liked this episode. Not too big fan about Teal'c and his episodes have not been the most interesting ones - but this was great - the storyline - free jaffas. The way everyone became so fanatic, how they were willing to die for him and the choice Teal'c was making - living for his dream and not going back with O'Neill. But the way it solved in the end - maybe like most of those stories have to - the fight scene between the Teal'c and the leader - so impressive, that slow motion round angle shots - stunning. Really enjoyable episode.
  • interesting episode...

Finally, something different. A new jaffa leader named K'tano has a army of jaffa and earth wants to make an alliance. In the end, however, it turns out that K'tano was a goa'uld and Teal'c killed him. Basically, I liked the idea of this episode. Granted, K'tano got on my nerves a little and the whole cheering thing drove me crazy, but it was still good. I liked the whole difficulty over earth/jaffa culture also. It's great to see Bra'tac again. I usually don't like episodes that follow Teal'c, but this one was surprisingly good. Overall, great story and an interesting episode.