Stargate SG-1

Threads

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 11, 2005 on Syfy

• The aftermath of the final battle that could be called the series finale.

With the Replicators destroyed and the Goa'uld beaten and exposed as false gods only some things were left to be resolved. Firstly, of course, the storyline of Anubis finally ended with the sacrifice of the being who helped him ascend. Oma Desala did what she had to do and so she is the hero - not the ignorant Others. I think it's safe to say that they had no right to let Anubis destroy the galaxy just to teach Oma a lesson. I would have even liked it if not only the Ori were destroyed (season 10) but the Ancients also.
    Then, Sam&Jack storyline also developed but I think that more should have happened between them (mainly because nothing will ever happen even when the series end). I mean - both of them were single by the end of this episode. So the writers should have gone for it and finally "make them happy". Well that's what I think anyway - therefore 9.5 not 10, 'cause it looked as if the writers were afraid to end this once and for all.
    As I said this episode is worthy of the title of Series Finale because after watching it the whole show seemed "complete" for me.

[Wrote this review after rewatching almost all of SG-1 - and to make it short - both parts of Reckoning and Threads are the best episodes of Stargate SG-1]