Stargate SG-1

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jun 22, 2007 on Syfy

Episode Fan Reviews page 3 of 4

• Kinda disappointed. *SPOILERS*

6.8
    I love stargate and the last season was brilliant, but I was a little disappointed with the last episode. As episodes go it was a great one, but as a series finale it left me wanting something more. It didn't really finish off the story. And some of the events seemed to be a little rushed. Like the destruction of the Asgard race. One moment a ship appears and the next a planet it blowing up. I would have loved to see a final battle with the Ori, and their destruction. I hope that they will finish the story properly with a movie.
  • Great way to end!

This episode was a great way to end the TV Series it was interesting and different. Those poor Asgard and good old Teal'c but it is very strange that Teal'c is always 130 in each season its strange. Daniel and Vala finally get together but dont remember it! Man that really does suck a lot. Genral Luandry dying is bad as as well, really did suck but didnt really like his character. The way Mitchell handles himself in the episode is really cool, I like the unpaitent, pissed off and angry sort of guy it's hot!
    Sam learning the chalow is interesting she is really good but I suppose thats what happens when fifty years pasts.
    Great way to end the series now I defantliey can't wait for the movies defantiely am buying them.
  • Very good

I liked this episode. Even though it was the final there's still the movies so the writers couldnt just have the ending or a part of it in this episode. They have to save that for the movies!
    SPOLIERS!!!
    The character bonding was very good. I liked seeing the team together. You get to know the characters better and that makes the show more interesting. Thats the good thing about scifi.

The story was interesting. Something different. I didnt like the asgard all dieing though. That was just sad. And Landry dieing was sad too. Seeing Cameron go pyscho was scary lol

Everyone getting old was kewl. Daniel reminded me of him in the pilot but just whiter and with wrinkles lol
    The bit where Sam was playing the Chelo i think i was?, was good. It was about time Vala and Daniel got together. I wanted to slap Daniel when he said all that horrible stuff to Vala but then they made up(literally lol)

I loved the montage. Very well done. Great camera angles as well. Some very good shots as well. Special effects great as usual.

The ending was really good as well. All of them saying indeed was funny. The very end was great. Brought a tear. The team all stepping through the gate symbolised the years of history behind it. All those times they went through the gate. All the missions they embarked on.

It was a beautiful ending.
    Cant wait till the movies!!
  • perhaps one of the worst episodes of stargate...

3.9
    season finale's of stargate are usually a blast. this one was not- quite literally. the crew get stranded on their ship after an asgard installed time dialation device activates moments before their destruction. the team then spend 50 years trying to figure out how to undo it, only to succeed. so nothing changes. except that teal'c is now 50 years older than he was. how pointless. i was at least expecting a two parter!

i'd also like to point out that this is NOT the last episode of stargate SG-1! new episodes coming in April... check out the sci-fi website: http://www.scifi.com/stargate/
  • As a final gift before the death of their species, the Asgard give humanity all of their technology. When this attracts the attention of the Ori's followers, Sam comes up with a plan that'll buy them more time. 50 more years of time.

And so it ends. The longest science fiction television show ever to be made for American television reaches its conclusion with a wonderful, character-centered episode. It doesn't have the grand, epic scale that the final five episodes of season 8 had, an arc that some fans still view as the true series finale. Part of that may be because this is not really the end. The show will get its grand send off in the two upcoming DVD movies so those dissatisfied with this finale will get those. This episode, however, is good enough, especially in light of the fact that there will be more. This episode gives us an intimate glance into the lives of our main characters as they are forced to live out their days in a tight metal prison. The Asgard's part in the story reaches its conclusion with the brief return of Thor (yay!) and their tragic destruction. Vala and Daniel, in a great scene, finally start a relationship, much to this particular viewer's delight. Mitchell deteriorates into a frustrated madness, stuck on a ship and unable to do anything about anything. It's a great development for the character and makes me wish we could have had more like it in his two years on the show. Carter must deal with repeated failure and dead ends as she must face the fact that for once there may be no way to win the scenario they find themselves in. And Teal'c makes a huge sacrifice for his friends allowing them to reset the last 50 years while must stay as he is and prevent it from happening. It's always fascinating to me in science fiction when a character lives for years in another place, whether real like this episode and Aeryn and Crichton on Farscape, or all in their head as was the case with Picard and O'Brien (among other cases) on Star Trek. To come back to your life as it was after so much time away, coming face to face with people who saw you yesterday from their perspective, it's always a concept that makes me think and another reason I like this episode. This episode wasn't at all what I expected from the series finale, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. It's not often on Stargate when character gets more focus than plot, but when it does it can be a great thing. In this case, I think that it was. No, it wasn't the latter half of "Moebius", but for those of you who wish it was just remember Teal'c's cliched words: "Good things come to those who wait."
  • I feel robbed. (Spoilers)

This "ending" didn't feel like much of an ending. I guess we got to see what would have happened if everyone got to live (somewhat) happily ever after, but then still get the "bonus" of seeing that SG1 gets to keep doing what they're doing. Come on, though, no ori war conclusion. That would have been the least that they could have done.

Oh and on the no kids for Daniel and Vala, did you notice the one scene where we see Vala crying her eyes out and Daniel comforting her. My guess would be that was just after she found out that she couldn't have kids, or just had some other sort of issue with her baby making parts.

Good series, but give me some closure!
  • Painful for 2 reason: is the final episode of my favourite serie! & 'cause is a low average epidose...the Asgard issue was the best in this episode...

in the beginin we have a very emotional moment with thor.... he say good bye and pass us the asgard legacy!

then we have masive action!!!: Orilla was destroyed, and the new "fasers" of the updated starship were awesome!!!!

and later of all that exating moments comes the boooring part..... if i didnt like sooo much the characters (excepting vala and cam... i hate that 2) and the serie.. i didnt watch completly this episode....

What happen with Richard DA!!!!! why he couldn't be there??? they can invite him to other episode in this season but for the final he doesn t show up???

i was waiting watch all the current charts in this episode master b for example and some others....

i know the fact of the movie but if it didnt happen???? this was the real final of stargate sg1?....

its hard say good bye to this show.... but its good to know that ill could see some of my favourite actors and charts in SG atlantis!

now its time to wait for a movie!!! (hope soo)
  • The Asgards are dead, long live the Tauri...if they survive to tell the tale (SPOILERS).

The most touching and perfect ending I could’ve ever hope for begins with the Asgards final goodbye as they leave their knowledge on board the Odissey as their last act as race. A most precious gift that is threaten by Ori ships who attacks them each time they get out of hyperspace, there is no use to run so after beaming most of the crew to safety SG1 gets trapped into a time bubble that should buy Sam enough time to protect the ship along with the Asgard knowledge it contains.

Forced to spend from 3 months to a lifetime together, intense events develop among the team as Teal’c develops a smile, Cam grows insane and Daniel ends up saying to Vala the things I could only hope Lost’s Jack would’ve said to Kate back when they still had a chance. I’ve got to say it was rather nice to see the man as the emotionally vulnerable for a change as Daniel got to be the ying to Vala’s yang until they finally worked things out and life itself seemed to go as swift as the years went by on the ship.

By the time Sam has figured out a way out Landry has passed, Daniel & Vala have spent 50 years together and being a pilot seems like a distant memory Col Mitchell has long forgotten. However, Sam reveals, there’s a catch: if they can use the beam that’s about to hit them as the power source required to go back in time to save the ship one of them must remain old. And so while our brave Teal’c takes a one way ticket to the past, Daniel and Vala take a final moment to honour their life together even if they never get to remember it.

And so, right after Vala tries to find out what a 50 year older Teal’c has vow never to tell them and SGC guards the Asgard knowledge Teal'c has vow to protect the final scene show us the team heading to the gate to a new adventure.
  • Endings are so melancholy and bittersweet.

For ten years, Stargate has been a big part of my life. Not that I ever got to be a part of it other than as a spectator watching on TV, even thought I dreamed (as I'm sure all of you did) about having a part on the show, even as an extra. Now that the final episode has aired, I feel a profound sense of sadness, that there is this big void in my life. I can think of times when I wasn't happy with where I was in my life, I could look forward to a new episode or upcoming season with Jack, Daniel, Sam and Teal'c, and more recently, Cam and Vala. Yes, I know there are two movies yet to come, and that is some comfort, but four or so hours between two movies is not the same as 20 episodes. I fervently hope the rumored third Stargate series turns out to be true. But for now, I still feel empty. Sad to see an old friend go, and sad like the ending of a friendship. Time will heal, and there are still great stories ahead in the Stargate universe.

The final episode was one of the better series-enders I think I've seen. Focused on the characters and their relationships with each other, plus excellent special effects as Stargate has always offered. I will miss the Asgard, as I missed the other races that are no longer part of the story -- Tollan, Nox, and others I just can't think of at the moment. The Asgard will always hold a special place for me. It was better (slightly) than the final episode of ST:TNG in that the story fits cleanly into the universe. The end of TNG was 'one possible future' as I seem to remember it being portrayed. One of the things the Stargate writers do better than any other series is they answer those questions of 'Well, why didn't you just do ---?' That really makes their stories have plausibility that keeps me from yelling at my TV like there are some really clueless referees/umpires calling it. I'm glad to see that SG-1 is still going (referring to the final minute of the episode), and I will imagine them saving the world time and again. Thank you to everyone that contributed to Stargate, may you find success where ever you go, and continue to surprise us and delight us.

Of course, if you want to keep on making Stargate movies for a long time to come, I'll find a way to live with that.
  • Two errors and one missed opportunity. Spoilers

I seem to recall an episode where the Asgard tracked a Replicator ship in hyper space so why be surprised that the Ori could track you.

They missed a great opportunity for Daniel and Vala to have kids. I'm thinking twins (one boy and one girl). They could have taken Teal'c place.

Then they end the episode with Teal'c not telling them what happened because it would cause a paradox. Sorry but they lived for 50 years while the rest of the Universe lived for 10 seconds. No paradox.

Can't wait for Carter to go to Atlantis. Not to mention Sanctuary
  • a very bad ending to an excellent series. the writers created a very abrupt ending to a show that has ran for ten years. the longest running sfi fi show in US history beating out star trek and xfiles. they did not do it justice.

4.3
    in ten years a show such as this one must end with at least trying to encompass some of the history, some of the best times and the worst. it should have had some of the memorable characters making a cameo and stirring up old feeling of love, sadness, joy, fear and loss. the loss i speak about is the loss of the series...indeed i did feel some but not as much as i thought i would.

the storyline was basically the current sg1 team and their commander in chief being stuck on a ship for 50 years. i should think that in those fifty years they would have had some flashbacks of past battles, past victories and past characters. instead its six people getting old and senile.

classic characters such as general o'neil, bra'tak, apophis, and others should have had at least the chance to say goodbye in one form or the other. and to think that they did not find a solution to the problem of the ori.

i think the writers secretly or subconciously wrote this episode with the hopes that it wasnt the end of one of the greatest series of all time and are just saving their best ideas for a future season. they should also understand that to start a season generally, there is a two hour pilot. i was not looking forward to a 40 minute ending that im sure had a bigger audience than the first episode. they should have given that to us as a gift for our years of dedication.

a slight look back on memorable episodes... the day tealc started fighting for the good guys. i can still remember the look on general oneil's face when he asked tealc for help. the episode tealc had to kill daniel jacksons wife... the love in his eyes was too close to real. the time major carter and geneal oneil spent in the cave in antartica... for a minute there i thought they were gonna hook up. the day the goulds lost the war...bitter sweet. i could go on and on with memorable episodes but one thing is for sure i know i will not miss any of them because they will be in syndication for years to come.

and in finale... we (i) have lost a show that i have so loved and it shall be missed...INDEED.
  • The beginning of the end...

Very nice and subtle episode to finish the series. But not too sad, the thought was always at the back of my mind that this is the last one, but they made really good jokes throughout the episode and that took the edge off... Nice point there not to just plod blindly forward toward a goal but try to enjoy life in the mean time, do a little gardening or learn cello :)But if i would have to live 50 years on one ship, I'd go bananas. Little sad about the Asgard... so there are still only 4 races in the galaxy so to speak. And from that thought onward, why didn't they introduce the last race :(
    Still, nice episode to have and let's wait for the movies!
  • Decent. Slightly above average, finale or not.

Stargate has (had :( ) many things going for it: great stories, great action, great characters. For some unknown reason everyone seems to think that it should have ending with a display of its good action. I am personally pleased that they decided to do something a little different and display great character interaction. It wasnt meant to wrap up any storylines because there are still the movies. It was just meant for the fans to enjoy the characters, especially Daniel and Vala, and be a little sentimental about their departure. The scene with Daniel and Vala was great. I think very unique. I did not expect that him yelling at her would be such a turning point in their relationship. I think he handled himself well. Since Vala is such a skilled liar, that was probably the only way. At first I was wondering what the heck was wrong with Daniel, but then it turned out good. I love how he said, "You better not be messing with me." That was great and you could see his sincerity through it, not only Vala's. The unfortunate thing is that it is following the Sam/Jack tradition--they dont remember it afterwards. I thought perhaps it would turn out so they would remember, since it is the end of the series they dont really have to be kept apart anymore. At least Teal'c remembers everything, and the rest of SG-1 knows it, so it wont be forgotten (there is a lasting reminder on the side of Teal'c's head :p). It is better than in Moebius, how none of them remembered it afterwards, so it was as if it never happend. But Teal'c carries it with him, even if he cant tell anyone.
  • SG1 receives a HUGE gift from the Asgard, but there is a problem...

WARNING --> SPOILERS!!!
    No, really... HUGE SPOILERS!!!
    TRUST ME! If you haven't seen the episode, don't read on.

Oh boy, this episode was sooo sad. Not because of what happened, but because it was the LAST ONE. There's the movies, which is great, but it IS the end of an era. It might not have been an episode with a lot of action, but it was really good. When the music started playing, it was like watching an old family movie after someone in your family has moved far away or is gone. It was really sad, but so good. I'm not a great shipper in the Stargate universe, meaning that I've watched SG-1 and SGA even if there wasn't much "ship", but I liked how they handled the Daniel/Vala thing. I loved to see how they had fun when eating together, and at "Christmas".
    When Landry was dying, THAT's when the idea that it was REALLY the last episode sunk in. It's funny how they DID manage to do the "Stargate geriatrics" as they joked at some conventions... I just wish they'd done it in 10 years time. Thank you Stargate SG-1 (cast and crew), you've meant a lot to me. I will never forget you.
  • After 10 Seasons we end with a whimper. A final episode which promised much, but delivered little.

So here was the final episode of one of the most exciting sci-fi series on TV. It was an opportunity to go out in a blaze of glory. Did it? Sorry but no way.

It was not as though the writers didn't know that this was the last Season of SG1, so you would have thought that there would have been some sort of arc leading up to this episode. But they didn't. It was almost as though the writers were thinking so much about the forthcoming film versions that they handed the writing of most of Season 10's episodes to the tea boy - someone who had little or no knowledge of the history of the characters.

This final episode might have been acceptable in Season 3, but not so in Season 10. We ended up with a 'time-dilation' story in which the main characters ended up cooped up together for 40 years or so. This could have developed into in interesting plot device, but the opportunity was squandered. The writers didn't really know what to do with the characters.

Since General Landry hadn't ever really contributed much to the overall story line it was easy to kill him off. All that Cameron Mitchell appeared to do over the decades was to jog. Not much thought there! Daniel Jackson apparently had the complete Asgard database to study and what did he discover? Nothing! He did of course end up with Vala - but no surprise there. Teal'c didn't appear to do anything over the years - perhaps remaining in a permanent state of Kelnorim until he was needed at the end of the episode to help the team get back to normal 'with one bound'.

That leaves Samantha Carter. You would have thought that after saving the Earth time and time again over the previous ten years, and forever losing out to the inordinate number of men who were in love with her or strongly attracted to her, the writers might have provided her with some final personal happiness. But no! What did she end up with? A cello! I could make an inappropriate remark about that, but I won't! There might have been some indication that she ended up with either Mitchell or Teal'c, but not even that.

In my version of the plot I would have had have Mitchell suffering a heart attack on one of his early morning runs; Daniel discovering the Asgard cloning technique, with Samantha just happening to have a lock of Jack O'Neill's hair about her person. You get the picture?

So the series ended with a damp squib. We now have to wait for the two forthcoming feature films to see if the magic can be recaptured.

But we will see Samantha Carter again in Atlantis. I do hope they give her more to do than in most of the Season 10 episodes that had her just coming up with the odd bit of technobabble.
  • Stargate SG1 joins other amazing Sci-Fi TV Shows with a great series finale, that is on par with Next Gen's "All Good Things..."

Everyone with half a brain knew that at some point this day would come, whether it was now, or five years from now, this day had to come. The end of one of the best Sci-Fi series of the last fifty years. Was it better than Trek? Hard to say, better than most? Definitely. The series ending was not so much a special effects laden event as it was a great character study. Oh sure there were effects and techno-babble that would rival any episode of DS9 or B5, but it was secondary. What was even more impressive it didn’t seem borrowed from any other show, at least not heavily, and in the end SG1 was always about the team, not the tech. It wasn’t just called Stargate, it was specific to a single team, SG1, and in that way they remained true. Sure the team members changed from time to time, came and went, but it was always about the team.

I give the producers and writers credit for not throwing in Richard Dean Anderson on the last show, while it’s always great to see him, this episode was about the current cast, and didn’t dwell heavily on the past.

OK, so what was it about? If you’ve gotten to this point and want to stop before I spoil it for you, now would be a good time to close your browser. Otherwise, you might find out what happens. You have been warned.

Well, it turns out that the old Greys, yes I know we call them the Azgard, but seriously they are just greys, right from Whitley Strieber’s nightmares. But the Azgard decided to end their own lives before they become an abomination and degrade to much. But, they want to give one of the SGC’s starships a huge upgrade with everything they knew and can do. From weapons to defensives to, well, everything. Including a Jor-El version of the Thor to help them out in the future. This is nothing but great news. But no sooner is the new tech installed, the fracking Ori show up and start to try and stop the Odyssey from getting away with all the tech, but in this case the SGC run and kick ass, and blows the Ori out of the sky as the Azgard planet explodes. They jump to hyperspace to regroup but find out something startling, every where they jump, the Ori follow immediately to keep the fight going.

This cat and mouse continues for a while, until they figure out they can be tracked anywhere they go because of the Azgard technology either gives away their location, or the Ori are being helped from above. Either way this is not good. They beam the crew down to a planet to gate their way home while Sam comes up with an idea for putting the ship into a time dilation bubble just before they get destroyed. As the Ori fire, they can see the beam only a few kilometers away from the Odyssey as it stops in it’s tracks. Now all they have to do is figure out, how not to get destroyed, how to save the Azgard technology, and how get the Odyssey home in one piece.

This is where the episode changes dramatically, it no longer becomes about tech, and becomes about SG1 coming up with a plan and how long it takes. Well, it takes a while, a very, very long while. About fifty years to be exact, during that time we see them grow old gradually, and develop relationships, new skills and become the best of friends, sort of a parallel to what no doubt when on during the filming of the series. I don’t want to ruin everything that happens, but it is by far the best part of the episode and is what elevates it to greatness.

After all this time, Sam finally comes up with a way to reverse the time dilation field and save the ship, but the down side is they no longer have the energy needed to pull off the plan. So, they decide to use the impact of the Ori energy weapon that is about to destroy the ship, to save it. Channel all it’s energy into the ship, separate the Azgard tech from the Odyssey’s systems and fly off. But there’s a catch, for this to work, one of them will have to stay old. One of them will have to hold onto a crystal, be protected from the reverse time and save everyone in the end. I won’t tell you who that is, and much to my surprise the producers did NOT hit the big reset button to fix everything. This episode actually has consequences. In the end, they are saved, and live to fight another day, even though some things have changed. They have no memory of what happened for the last fifty years but they are still SG1, more or less.

As series ending episodes go, this was a great one. It’s right on par with Next Gen’s, “All Good Things…” and that’s no small feat. They did in an hour what could have easily gone on for a mini-series, and yet showed the characters change and grow, become close and fade away, without having to push a bunch of tried and stale emotional buttons to do this. I’ve watched this show from the beginning, when it was on Showtime full of frontal nudity, to it’s move to Sci-Fi and well, less frontal nudity. From the loss of Richard Dean Anderson, and the coming and goings of Daniel Jackson. But through it all, it had a great set of storylines, villains, and heroes we could all fear and admire.

“Stargate SG1” will be missed, and while it’s going to directly to DVD for a couple of movies (please put these in theaters first) and Sam will join the cast of Atlantis, just as Worf did DS9. There will never be another SG1, at least not one as good as we have seen in the last ten years. So Stargate SG1, goes down as the first and best incarnation of the series, and can, like “Star Trek The Original Series” be called by just a few letters. In Trek’s case everyone knows what you mean when you just say TOS, and in Stargate’s case it can forever be know simply as SG1.

Just my 2¢,
    Kelvington
  • RIP SG1 you will be missed 6o years in the time dialation field and Daniel and Vala didnt even have a kid!!!

firstly im goin to miss SG-1
    cat wait for the films.

this episode for the last ever 1 for the TV series was ok but i think more could of been done in the time dialation field!!

this is not extactly a review

such as 6o years in the time dialation field and Daniel and Vala didnt even have a kid!!! Then with this kid (who would of been grown up at the time of escape) could have replaced Teal'c in the shield. Then that would of been intresting with him/her trying to explain where and who he/she has come from when they go back in time.

and just think of comical value for the feature films!
    and possible there offspring could of gone on to Atlantis or something as of course, Daniel would of taught them ethics, ancients etc. Carter would of taught the physics etc with Mitchell and teal'c fightin stuff!
  • This episode had it all and was the perfect way of going out. However, I understand the difficulties some people have with the episode, as it's very polarizing.

The cold open had so much and although some people are disappointed with the destruction of the Asgard in the first few minutes, it should not have come as a major surprise to dedicated fans, as they know the Asgard have always been searching for a way to save their race from extinction. They left all of their technology and history with the Earthlings, which would be an interesting way to enliven the series and it's disappointing we couldn't see more of the effects of this technology.

So the Ori arrive, seemingly because of a distinct energy signature given off by the Asgard core in the Odyssey. Then, rather than fight the Ori in a weakened state and risk having their technology compromised, the Asgard instigate their mass suicide plan. They couldn't have known this move might leave the Odyssey stranded without help, as they couldn't know the Ori would be able to track them through hyperspace due to what I assume must be some unique energy signature given off by the combination of the Asgard and Earth technologies.

The cat and mouse game through space was tense right up until the final moments when SG-1 looked like it would go but with a bang and kill off everyone. Yet it wasn't to be, as Sam started a time-dilation field so she could have more time to find a solution. So the team is stuck, waiting for Sam to help them out. Some fun parts to note here include the conversation between Teal'c and Vala in the supplies room and Mitchell's improving against Teal'c.

Then, after 3 months of waiting, Daniel and Vala finally get together after a scene that describes the way Daniel has felt all along. Vala's flirting with him has always been her way of messing with his head and he's given up on their ever getting together. Then when he realises that Vala is serious, they kiss and we presume go slightly further.

Now we come to the best part of the whole episode. Credence Clearwater Revival's 'Have you ever seen the rain?' starts playing and we see SG-1 and of course, General Landry begin to accept their lives on the ship and they seem to enjoy themselves for a time, laughing and generally being merry with their Christmas. Yet as much as they enjoy each other's company, each has their own personal struggle trying to find a way to occupy themselves or get off the ship except Teal'c, who doesn't really seem too bothered by the fact. The standout scenes is Vala's weeping in Daniel's arms and Mitchell's rage in destroying his room. Both of these set in contrast to the music is some of the most powerful imagery seen in this show up until now.

Then, we jump forward about 20 years and see Sam finally give up but have General Landry tell her to keep trying. Then in a few minutes, we jump another 30 years and next to nothing has changed. This is where the writer and I finally part ways. I personally would have taken it 20 years at most, rather than leave massive gaps where nothing has happened of any note. Overall, 50 years pass and all there is to show for it is Daniel and Vala together (without kids) and General Landry dead. I would have left more time for the group to deal with Landry's death and have it spur them into finally solving the problem, rather than jump another 30 years.

Either way, Sam finally figures out how to reverse time but in a piece of irony they 'hung a lantern on', they no longer have enough power. Firstly, perhaps they should have tried to make a new ZPM with that magic Asgard matter converter. Luckily there's no need as Mitchell has a solution only he (or Jack in his day) could come up with. So they let Teal'c keep his added years and they reverse time. They all died for a few milliseconds and then the core was charged by the beam and kicked the time dilation field into reverse.

So they manage to get back a few moments before they started the field and get into hyperspace rather than start the time dilation. So as is the way with Science Fiction, (almost) everything is back to normal. So the last few moments were nothing special, a group 'Indeed' to cap it all off and then one last step through the Stargate. This series final had everything we love about Stargate whether it solved all your problems or not. It's just like 'Moebius', ie. after some story progression or ending, we get to just see SG-1 being SG-1 in some new situation which is undeniably what the series has always been about.

I'm sure if there wasn't going to be another movie or episode that this would have been something like 'Threads' or 'Reckoning', but there will be more movies produced and we'll see all our team members again later this year or next. So don't despair that you didn't get all your questions answered as I'm sure they will be eventually. Except maybe the one about the Furlings.

I hope you've enjoyed my review and if you disagree or want to discuss the episode with me, feel free to message me and I'll reply as soon as I can.
  • RIP Stargate Sg1 and we will all remember you as you were, not what you became.

So it´s over. Well, I´m sad because I used to love this show and I´m relived because it´s been over since it became politized. This last season has been painful. And to end it with a genocide, well... I been watching this show for ten years, still watching old episodes. The fact that it was both funny and exiting was a powerful combination. It was serious, but somehow it could make fun of itself. And to the cast/crew: bravo!

RIP Stargate Sg1 and we will all remember you as you were, not what you became.

Thanks for all the wonderful hours of entertainment it´s been a pleasure. I´m going to miss this serie.

Major thanks
  • A very sad day for Sci Fi Fans the world over.

The episode is not what I expected but what expectations can made about the last episode of such a great show. Personally I give the ending a full 10, It will leave you Thinking YES!!, Make you worried over the future of the fight with the Ori, and of course the inevitable lump in the throat and possible tear (s) in your eye at the ending of an Era in Sci Fi Television. The acting was great, you could almost feel the frustration of the team. If I had a drink I would raise a salute to the entire cast, crew, writers and everyone involved in this production with a thank you for many hours of entertainment that stirred the imagination and emotions. Of course a evil glare at those that decided to cancel the show although thank you for taking it to the movie stages.

Congrats to Amanda for joining the Atlantis Team, Hopefully Daniel follows suite.
  • 10 years comes to an end

Well last night on Sky I watch the last ever episode of Stargate SG1 and do you know what? When it finished I actually had a bit of a tear in my eye.

I've watched the show since day 1 and found it fantastic and rarely did it dip in quality, even after Richard Dean Anderson left it’s still fantastic.

I'm glad they ended the series the way they did as if they had done the “kill all the bad guys and ride off into the sunset ending” I think it would have killed the franchise off and made it very hard for Atlantis to keep up the standard.

The interaction between the characters was excellent and at times showcased some very above par acting. Daniel and Vala's sparing was brilliant. I don’t want to say too much though as I don’t want to spoil it for our friends in the states who have yet to see this. (According the anoucement on sky that it was a world premiere).

With the ending they did it’s been left very open for the odd Atlantis cross over and the forthcoming movies so let’s hope that the franchise keeps going and going. Also to show the boys over at Paramount how a franchise is kept alive correctly.
  • All good things must come to an end.

Was a little disappointed with this episode but at times like these we have to look back and see what the show has achieved.

Was a great show had lots of great episodes the time travel ones are my favourites, characters I actually cared about (thank god they drought Daniel back) and also wasn’t afraid to poke fun at its self. The end of an era I would say and I bet most other people would agree. The team of SG1 will be missed as the show was by far one of the best on TV.

On a personal note my favourite race …… the Furlings.
  • A great ending to a great series.

I have watched stargate since the very first episode, the series finally was very fitting to the show and I am glad that they didn't end the series with them defeating the ori; and they have left it open for the upcoming movies.

Many people will see the ending as a wierd one but I thought it was perfect, and it plays deeply on the relationships between the characters.

I for one, can't wait to see the movies when they bring them out. I will definatly but them as Stargate will always be one of my favourite shows.

All I can say now, is that I hope Atlantis can live up to the reputation of its big brother, I know that it is now in its 4th season; lets hope that it will become as good as the original.

Finally it has been a pleasure watching the series, you have a fantastic series that will live on for a good long time.
  • so ended one of the best sci fi programs of the past few years as good as franchise as star trek it was that good long live stargate.

so we have reached the end of the line series wise. a sad time for one and all sg1 fans. cannot wait for dvds. nice to see the asgard back, even though it was short lived as it turned out. i have to say at this point that the destruction of the asgard race was a touch drastic, they were a great part of the show. still the team and earth did benifit. as they gave them all the bells and whistles when it came to gifts, not just technology, but there whole history of knowledge. but it turned out to a bit of a double edged sword. great that they could destroy ori ships, but lead to them being tracked as they went. great idea to use the time diletion device, and to take the charcters stories on into the future. have to admit there was no surprise to see daniel and vala get together, there was always something there. mitchell the ever impatincent soldier wanting to do something, but being kept like the caged tiger, general landry showen to be a bit of a gardener, then popping his clogs, sad in its own right, but we need not have worried, dispite 50yrs passing sam with help from mitchel came to the rescue, as they came up with a plan to reverse time, so going back to the start. it did however involve teal'c sacrificing a few years, but who better, as he lives for god knows how long. so here we are back in the gate room walter dailling the gate, landry wishing god speed, and the team stepping up the ramp and through the gate. and why not thats what the series was all about. i suppose the only thing missing was an apperance by RDA, hopefully in one of the films maybe
  • The last one ever?

6.4
    That was a huge disappointment. I was expecting closure after ten seasons and I was wrong. The Asguard all gone, SG1 get all their goodies and we don't see them really do anything with it.I would of expected some battle, if not an epic, but this was all character driven. And the actual ending leaves it wide open for a feature film or possibly another series. Having Tea'lc age much slower than the others so that he can still take part in the missions when time goes backward, come on. End of term report try harder next time.
  • A severe letdown.

2.2
    I don't know what episode the other reviewers here were watching, but I found this episode to be tepid at best.

The entire Asgard Race is wiped out, simply to form a plot point? How could they? It all happens practically before the opening titles.

Then having the crew stuck in a time dilation field for the majority of the episode (approximately 40/50 years for them) felt like that length of time to me too.

Where was Jack?

Where were the epic battles?

Apart from 3 scenes, where was the humour that made this show so appealing in the first place?

OK, so it was a character piece. Fine, it worked for Babylon 5, ending with a poignant and beautiful character led episode, but it just didn't work here.

The production team cannot even use the excuse that they didn't know it was the last episode, or that they didn't know far enough in advance, I just cannot believe that this was the best they could come up with.

I am sorely, and sadly, disappointed.
  • A great way to end an era with an epidode that shows the relationships between the characters, whilst closing some story lines and keeping others open for the up-and-coming movies. A special episode... already seen it twice and it only aired 3 hours ago!

BEWARE SPOILERS.

This episode starts with Teal'c misunderstanding a common word like we used to see in the early years, as well as Vala scamming the crew to throw a party as she is bored.

Then we see an old friend that has been absent for quite a while… Thor (With what looks like a shiny new body!!). Our old buddy Thor comes with some good and bad news. The good news is that Earth is getting all of the Asgard’s technology and knowledge; bad news is that the Asgard are about to die… Sniff! :’(

Anyway as we get Asgard upgrades the Ori attack… before we know it the new Asgard home world explodes Odyseey5 style taking out 2 Ori ships… hurrah!... but wait there is still one more Ori ship left which the new Asgard upgrades to the Earth ship Odyseey are put to the test… and boom we did it… yey.

So another happy/sad occasion… the Asgard are now all gone but we now have a way to defeat the Ori.

The Odyseey is on its’ way back to Earth when two more Ori ships attack. As the Odyseey had already taken damage from the previous encounter they jump back into hyperspace. The problem is that this keeps happening… Doh!

Turns out that the Ori can detect the power source given to us by the Asgard, and keep attacking every time the Odyseey exits hyperspace.

Due to the Ori tracking the ship a decision is made to beam all crew except SG1 and General Landry onto a nearby planet to send home via a Stargate.

Once again the Ori turn up, and the Odyseey takes on the Ori ships. After taking out one of them, the shields are then depleted. Carter then initiates a time-dilation device which means SG1 have years to come up with a plan to beat getting destroyed by the other Ori ship.

As usual, as with all of SG1’s plans, plan A, B, C and D are not possible; which leaves Carter to work on… well plan Z I think!!

As the weeks and months go by we see the characters interacting in a way we do not normally see (a bit like the episode Sunday for Atlantis).

We then see the characters going a bit out of character as the stress of their situation starts to get them. We see Mitchell going nuts from doing nothing, Vala getting bored and desperate for a bit of hanky-panky, Daniel insulting (and upsetting) Vala.

We then see the character together like a family, dinner, Christmas etc.
    The story then skips a head a couple of decades, and then another couple of decades, each time we see the characters aging (some better than others!!).

Finally Carter has a plan, which works. At the end of the show we are back where it all began… the SGC gate room with the whole team. More quips between the character which will make you laugh.

Overall it is a fantastic episode. A great way to show the friendships and relationships that have been formed. It ends the story arc of the Asgard, and keeps open the Ori story line for the movies that are coming out, especially as we now have Asgard technology and knowledge.

This is not a complete action-packed episode, but the story telling is great. Lots packed into a very short time (no pun intended!).

The only I think could have been done was to have Richard Dean Anderson in this episode… especially as this episode is about the SG1 team and the relationships and the Asgard.

10 out of 10.
  • A great ending

The Stargate-cast/team has done it again. A wonderful episode containing all that is good with Stargate. One of the other reviewers wrote that it has been 10 wonderful years of Stargate, a memory that is older than his house, and I think he/she made a beautiful point. Stargate SG-1 has earned it's place among the stars. I wish all of them a wonderful life, and thank you for a decade of excitment.

I can't even remember 1996, but I do remember Children of Gods.

Sam/Amanda, we will be seeing you shortly in Atlantis, but for the rest of you, you will always be in our hearts (including/specially Amanda Tapping, since I have a crush on you :$).

Take care.

Back to the episode. Since this episode hasn't been broadcasted in US yet, I feel that I'm not going to spoil this one. All I can say is that this is a beautiful combination of science, love, basic human emotions, hopelessness, time, sacrifises, and all potential action you may imagine that can come out of this episode.

Soon, two DVD-movies are going to be made. One of them contains Ori, the other Baal. The Ori-movie is going to be great. Please, I encourage everyone to support SG-1 to make future movies possible. We live in a world where money rules. Then show Sony where our money should go.

To all SG-1 fans. Hang in there, good things are still coming. Hopefully Stargate makes it as good as Star Trek, with multiple spin-offs and long living stories. Mankind has only began to touch the stars.

/Inmul

Dedicated to Richard, Amanda, Michael, Christopher, Ben, Claudia, and all of the stars/crew.
  • So it begins/ends.

This is truly the only way in which you could have ended a definitive series like SG-1, lots left open for the movie's. It is a shame that they killed of all of the asguard (as they where/are the best race in the stargate universe) but other than that it really is an extremely cleverly plotted episode with lots of clever twist.
    Its very unusual to see a series that finished without rapping everything up, you would have though that they would of finished it with defeating the ori, but no whether that will happen in the movie's we will have to wait and see.
  • This was brilliant. SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Let's start from the beginning.

Odyssey under the command of Landry turns up in orbit of Orilla, the Asgard homeworld from the beginning of season 8. As they arrive, and Thor asks to be beamed aboard. They then explain that the race is dying, they want to give Earth all their technology, and they plan on killing themselves to avoid the pain from the degeneration they will all suffer from years of cloning.

We then see the Odyssey having been decked out with Asgard stuff, it looks cool on the inside. Thor is having an emotional conversation with Carter about he has become their friend and their ally, and how he truly believes them to be the Fifth race. 3 Ori ships turn up and start to attack. The Asgard tell Odyssey to leave, and Thor beams back to the planet with one long look at Carter. The Asgard blow up their planet so as to prevent the Ori from gaining any of their technology.

And so ends the life of the greatest character of all time, Thor, Supreme Commander of the Asgard Fleet, we salute you. And so ends the greatest race of all, The Asgard.

Even with the ZPM the Odyssey is still taking a pounding from the Ori motherships. Because of the radiation from the explosion no ship can go into hyperspace, but the shields won't hold out long enough for the ship to be able to go into hyperspace, so Landry orders them turn around and try the new Asgard weapons on the ships. They destroy a ship. Yes they destroy a ship, properly pound it, like destroy that bastard, properly screw it into the ground and stamp on it. It was a momentous occasion.

Odyssey is taking a pounding so they head for hyperspace. While travelling through hyperspace they reminisce about the Asgard, and how they now have their legacy, all their knowledge and their history, and a holographic interface of sorts. Carter points out that the hyperdrive is kicking out some funky sensor readings so they drop out of hyperspace. The 2 remaining Ori ships appear straight away and start attacking. They go back into hyperspace, and try to come up with a plan.

The Asgard systems have to be disconnected from the main computer because they have realised that that is what's acting as a tracking system. But it will take 30 mins which is more time than they are getting. They drop out of hyperspace at a planet with a stargate, they immediately beam down most of the crew and they go home. The rest stay onboard, and try to take on the ships. They blow up one of the others but their plan doesn't work, they need more time.

Carter then reveals plan b, just as an Ori beam from the one remaining ship is about to hit the ship. The beam just stops, and CArter reveals using Asgard technology she has put the ship in a time bubble. Years will pass by on the inside and seconds on the outside. It's similar to when they do it to the Replicators in season 7. As time goes by they try to work on a way to save themselves. While this goes on Mitchell becomes a nut about being enclosed on the ship, Landry takes up botany and Daniel and Vala get it on like Lionel Ritchie. Yes you heard me, they finally got it on. Mitchell and Teal'c spend lots of time fighting each other practising their fighting skills. Carter spends years infront of the Asgard main computer and Daniel spends most of his time infront of an Asgard computer that projects all of their knowledge.

Years go by, we see them celebrate Christmas and all kinds of things. 20 years, and they all start to look old, especially Landry. He ends up dying of old age. Carter gives up and learns to play the cello, but as Landry dies he tells her to start working again. 50 years go by and they all look like pensioners, there are no children though, just this band of merry folk. Carter says she worked out a way to save them, but the ZPM no longer has enough power to do it.

Mitchell then refers to line in the sand when they use a staff crystal to power the device. She says there is nothing like it onboard, and he points out the window to the Ori ship beam that's about to penetrate the hull. They jerry rig a system that allows them to use the beam to power the device to travel back, except the ship will actually be destroyed, but because they're going back in time it will be fixed.

The only problem is, to explain to the past selves what to do to survive one must stay old. Teal'c volunteers which makes him about 150 or something now. Carter devises a programme that unlocks the asgard computer in seconds rather than minutes, and puts it in a crystal and gives it to Teal'c. Teal'c gets encased in the Merlin device. We cut to Daniel and Vala discussing how they love each other.

Carter deactivates the bubble and the beam goes through the ship and destroys it, but then we cut inside and the ship repairs itself, all while Teal'c stands in the middle completely protected. Time goes backwards to when they were all young, at the beginning of the bubble. We see Carter go to activate the bubble and Teal'c stops her. The ship avoids the beam due to some programmes Carter gave Teal'c and they leave, whereupon the ship systems are deactivated and the Ori cannot follow them.

We then cut back to the SGC and Vala is trying to find out from Teal'c who she ended up with. The only name she doesn't guess at is Daniel. In the Gate room they are preparing to go off world. Mitchell says that the stargate is the only way to travel across the universe. He also says to Teal'c that he must have been a bit cranky while cooped up on the ship. Teal'c agrees. Carter asks if it is difficult keeping everything to himself about what they all got up to. He agrees. They all come out with quotes about, good things come to those who wait, it's not the destination, it's the journey that sort of thing. After each person has said at least one, they go through the gate and that is it.

It'll be interesting to see Asgard technology incorporated into Earth and Atlantis from now on.

I'd just like to say Thank You to Stargate SG-1. I've watched you for 10 years, longer than I have lived in my house, from the end of primary school, through the entire of secondary school and to halfway through my degree. You've been nothing but brilliant.

You will be missed.