Stargate SG-1

Unending

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jun 22, 2007 on Syfy

Episode Fan Reviews page 4 of 4

• The episode started great! Carter started the time dilation device, I thought "Wow this could get interesting", that was after 20 min. But then it went down hill until 10 min before the end. Not the best ever episode. But still open for a come back!

The episode started great! When Carter started the time dilation device, I thought, "Wow, this could get interesting", that was after 20 minutes. But then it went down hill until 10 minutes before the end. I am glad that they did not end the show with them dying as there would be no chance of a come back. But I would not class this as the best ever episode.

It would also have been good to have some old characters in there, like O'Neill and Hammond.

I still can't believe they have stop making Stargate SG1. It was such a successful show and loved by so many!

At least we still have Atlantis.
  • And so it ends.......the last ever episode....

And so it ends....
    The Asgard race is dying and they are forced to take drastic measures. They give all their Knowledge and technology to SG1, then they blow up their home planet, no more Asgard..
    I love Stargate but I must say I was a little disappointed with this final episode.
    They get chased across the galaxy by 2 Ori mother ships, just as they are about to be destroyed Carter traps the Odessey in a Time Dilation Bubble, so that they can have more time to make repairs to the ship and escape, they become trapped and so 20years go by……Vala and Daniel get it on…then another 20years or so go by…SG1 have all aged but Tealc still looks as fresh as a daisy except for a little grey streak of hair. Finally they escape kill the Ori and travel back in time so they are young again, and able to continue their journey of exploring the Galaxy and save earth.
    I am giong to miss this series so much and will wait in anticipation for the DVD movie.
  • Full of plot twists!

OMG!

This episode was great! There were so many plot twists, but all were excellent. I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasn't seen it, as it would ruin the WHOLE episode, but the only thing that I didn't particularly like was the ending. It didnt really resolve anything, it was good, just not what I wanted. Though it was in-keeping with the "feel" of Stargate, as it leaves it (to a certain extent) to your imagination!

Basically I just recommend you watch it as it is, in my opinion, one of the best ever!
  • Oh my GOD that was dull!!! I would have preferred a good 'ol cliffhanger to take us into the DVD releases later in the year. What a waste of a perfectly good ending!!!

The problem is they didn't want to give us closure. So they came up with this story that, basically, cancelled itself out the minute they went back in time. SO we're left with a crew with some great technology, dead aliens (which BTW, WHY get rid of them from the story???) and a 160 year old alien working for the SGC.

Were it me, this episode could have been used earlier in the season and not ended on it. Last weeks episode, when Adria ascended, was the perfect way to end the show. Why didn't they leave it there?????
  • Shame on you!!!

This episode was full of amazing features, we got the Asgard's entire knowledge database. (However, it was a bit annoying that they killed themselves)If you think about it this episode made the new episodes of Stargate Atlantis and the new spin-off even better as we now are the fifth race and we have Asgard weapons and shields which make light work of an Ori mothership. Haha, sorry America you shoud'nt be so far behind. This episode did have 1 drawback and only one. Teal'c now has grey hair, and is around 170 years of age. The Asgard technology will help us wipe out the replicators and the Wraith. We now have a the most advanced technology in the known universe. Try and beat a cloaked Daedalus class battlecruiser with Asgard energy weapons and shields with a ZPM and replication technology which i'm sure Dr McKay will be able to figure out how to produce more ZPM's.Take that USA. SkyOne is better than Sci-Fi since they cancelled it afterall! I make a plea to all the billionaires of the world. BUY Stargate and make a Stargate Channel!!!
  • We'll miss you guys.

Well I can't beleive i've just sat and watched the last "EVER!!!!" episode of sg1. They could easily have gone down the special effects marathon with huge space battles and mass explosions and to some extent they did but hey lets face it they've been there and done that. What always made this show great was the human element and this had it in abundance, plenty of emotion and a touching farewell at the end. In conclusion this was a great way to wrap it all up. While i am of the opinion that sg1 has run it's course (I know i wont be popular for saying that), I will always hold a special place for it in my heart along with i'm sure millions of other fans.

We will miss you SG-1.

farewell.
  • Intresting, Something special

I belive this was a fitting end to stargate , there wasnt alot of fighting as i had hoped but nun the less it was cool seeing the odeasy Destroy some ori motherships,That episode also anserd alot of questions as i had hoped, u saw character development daniel + vala=love i guess and u saw how landray was like a father to sam i guess, and tealc and camron fighting, In this episode the tauri finale got there statous as the Fith race(Finaly) but i expected more from the asgard how they died at the end Boom i would have enjoyed seeing some asgard ships fight the ori instead the planet blew up, so i guess no asgard in atlantis, i guess the writters didnt want to drag it out,And at the end we see the team walk throught the gate together, the episode also left me wanting much more in the form of stargate, i cant wait to see the odeysy kick some royle but in the movies and posibly in atlantis. Good bye stargate the series, let me say Live Long and Prospure in the hearts and minds of all the loyal fans out there.
  • For a final ever episode this was nothing but a disappointment, it started off strong and slowly like the characters aged became weak.

1.6
    Well we certainly have an interesting beginning the asguard decide to finally help and low and behold it comes with a price, chased across the galaxy but now armed with the tech to win the team + Landry end up trapped. Enter another trapped Episode in which nothing really happens before they manage to escape from a semmingly inescapable fate (not my gripe)only to back to status quo.

Now i love this series but this gutter trash is more deserving in the first series then the Final one ever, the hype was low and it's obivous why the season ended. Lack of idea's anyone.

Starts strong finishes like a 40 stone man in a marathon, agnoishingly slow. ah well hopifully some will come out of this. in closing a bad end to a Beautiful series
1 2 3 4 >