Stargate SG-1

Unending

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jun 22, 2007 on Syfy

• Could have been better..

This episode, in my opinion was not the best, as the final episode ever I expected more, thats not to say it wasn't entertaining because it certainly was. I've read a few other reviews and have to agree and disagree with what other have said. Kraken for example poked alot of holes in this episode, some of which I agree with, although there was some explanations I think he was failing to consider. First off I agree that although Teal'c aged 50 years, u can't really tell, and his solution to this problem is valid. I also agree that the Asgard, with all their advancements should have been capable of creating an artificial host for the consciousness. But I have to disagree with his thinking that the Ori ships aren't capable of inter-galactic travel, this is never stated. The Ori galaxy may simply be much further away than Ida (Asgard galaxy) or Pegasus (Atlantis galaxy), the Supergate may have simply been the fastest way of traveling to the milky way. It is stated in one episode that these galaxies are relatively close to the milky way by galactic standards. The Ori intended to convert the entire galaxy, I hardly think they were willing to wait weeks/months or even years (depending on how far away the Ori galaxy actually is) to get there by hyperspace. Lets remember the Ori are ascended beings and are just as advanced as the Ancients and I am sure they were capable of teaching there followers to construct inter-galactic hyper drive engines. All in all this episode was disappointing but I think The Ark of Truth makes up for it and Continuum will follow suit.