Stargate SG-1

Unending

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Jun 22, 2007 on Syfy

• As a singular episode this would have been fantastic, but as the finale to the longest running sci-fi show ever it was somewhat disappointing. However nevertheless it was a very well put together episode and I did enjoy it.

So we see the end of what has been an incredible intergalactic journey, we have been forward in time, backwards in time, alternate dimensions, hundreds of worlds, several different galaxies, defeated a whole bunch of tyrannous aliens and some characters have died along the way, then come back, then died again, then come back, then died again, then come back, truly epic. To end it in the way they did was not quite what I imagined, partly because it wasn't very epic, partly because O'Neill was not in it and partly because the plot was flawed in places. Though I will admit it was a brilliant episode and it was great to see the development in relationships, the acting was brilliantly sublime and the whole thing very well edited. However O'Neill should have been in it and let's face it the ending of the incredible race that is the Asguard was pitiful and over simplified. As for the Ori suddenly turning up that was somewhat weak, yes it was wonderful to see that the Asguard had some truly remarkable weaponry up there sleeves but how the Ori got there so quickly is anyone's guess. To sum up, I expected more from this episode and as much as I enjoyed the episode it was hardly what everyone expected for the finale of such a brilliant show. However they still have 2 more feature lengths to make up for it and after watching the ark of truth I think they probably did make up for it.