Stargate Universe

Aftermath

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Oct 05, 2010 on Syfy

• Damn. After lasts weeks so-so episode we get a real sucker punch.

Spoilers follow.

Although Riley was never a charismatic member of the crew he was about the only 100% likeable guy, even though he never struck me as the military type.

Rush's new discoveries look like they'll bring more scope to the show once they get more control over Destiny. Well, once Rush tells everyone about it. Again it show's Rush's willingness to lie to further his own ends, but that once it starts putting people in danger he struggles with his conscience, not enough to confess though. I much prefer his moral ambiguity over the moustache-twirling villian I thought he'd be back at the show's start.

The crash is fairly well done, with the FX just about up to the challenge, the issue of what can or rather can't be done for Riley is well handled, with no easy answers or solutions. Once the Riley tell's Young to kill him, Young realises that it's the only solution that will stop Johansen from staying behind or leaving the sergeant to a long painful death. It's one of the most shocking scenes in the show so far and that it doesn't shy away from it is the reason why I still care about SGU. It's shows a willingness to take chances with scenes that might turn off those wanting safe, predictable tv. Again Robert Carlyle and Justin Lewis steal the show acting wise.

To leave us without knowing what's in Destiny's path had better be good!