Stargate Universe

Cloverdale

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Oct 26, 2010 on Syfy

6.3
  • An all time low for a mediocre series.

Look, why do I watch SciFi programs? Remember that question.
    When Lt. Matthew Scott is infected by a 'Triffid' he creates a reality/dream world where he is about to be married to Chloe Armstrong. His mind creates roles for the crew of Destiny in his dream that help him make sense of his relationships with them in the real world. I think that's what it's about!
    This episode is as dull as ditch-water, mind-numbingly tedious and to put it bluntly boring. And apart from the bit at the end, which I won't spoil, does not advance the plot one jot.
    So back to the question, why do I watch SciFi? Why don't I watch all the soaps? I'll tell you why: To avoid dross like this. I don't care about how Scott feels about his relationship with Eli. NOT INTERESTED. Look, how many people watch SGU for the relationships between the characters and how many watch for action-packed and exciting science based stories? And yet the production team gives us this crud.
    So, no exciting revelations about Destiny. No mysterious aliens. Just soap. Well I wash my hands of it. Goodbye SGU.............