Stargate Universe

Cloverdale

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Oct 26, 2010 on Syfy

6.3
  • Another hallucination episode, lacking any subtlety.

I'm thinking there's some writer's block going on at the SGU camp. Last week we had the main story go missing and this week we get a clichéd "infection dream world" episode.

We're so familiar with these kinds of episodes on tv, usually they are written so that either world could be the right one or that the character has to find the strength to resist (often both these things). This just gives us a very vague window into Scott's head and is completely disposable. All the 'characters' in his dream world play nearly identical roles to their real counterparts, how imaginative.

We've already had two hallucination-based episodes in this show so far. Can we have some new ideas? The alien foe was pretty cool, if a little too obviously CG, I'm sure we could have skipped what was going on in Scott's head to see them battle the plant thing instead. The worst part is the completely awful Eli moment where he's acting like Chloe betrayed him by getting stung - this is not the character we've seen him slowly become.

The last two minutes at least show something interesting for the future, but that won't help if this show gets cancelled.