Stargate Universe

Cloverdale

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Oct 26, 2010 on Syfy

6.3
  • Mediocre episode, but not terrible.

This episode might have been better if they had left out the whole hallucination storyline. I'm not sure what purpose it served. I suppose it was to show what's going on in Scott's head, but really I think it was just an excuse to have the characters in an unusual situation. The writers trying to be creative. Besides, how much of it was what Scot was really thinking (even subconsciously), or was it all just a meaningless dream?

I think they could have stretched the alien planet story to fill the whole episode. Even though it isn't a particularly original plot they could still have made it interesting and exciting. There was an opportunity missed there for some edge of the seat suspense. Maybe they could have reduced the hallucination to a much shorter subplot.

Having said all that, I did enjoy some elements of the episode. I liked the scene in the cinema and the 'ocean of flowers' movie they were watching. I liked the ending and the possibility that Scot may now have the pathogen. Greer isn't one of my favourite characters but I liked how he had an excuse to go gung-ho.

I like this show and I'm prepared to put up with the occasional mediocre episode.