Stargate Universe Forums

Syfy (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: Gauntlet (possible spoilers)

Dee_Too

[61]May 14, 2011
    • level: 3

Yes, people take a special skill and practice, but there's plenty of time for someone to learn. The artist also has to sketch quickly. I should think it would be possible to send a trained mnemonist from Earth through the stones, and possibly one who's an artist.

Now that I've been reminded, I remember Camille's attempt to recreate a drawing or painting she'd left behind, and that she was upset when she saw it because she'd forgotten the boat.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kanniballl

[62]May 16, 2011
    • level: 18

GeorgeMather wrote:

Now there is no new sfy - fi left on tv V does not count its a re'hash heroes , x-men underpants were they shoud be on under the pants , Lots of vamps less said the better . The only saving grace is BBC and Doctor Who .

Well Eureka and Warehouse 13 are coming back soon, and Sanctuary is still early in the season. That's at least something.

TNT is airing a sci fi series soon with aliens: "Falling Skies." I guess it's like War of the Worlds, only a supposedly long-running show depicting humanity's battle for survival. I have no idea how well it's going to do, but it's on cable which tends to give shows more of a chance than network broadcast.

There's also that time-travel show coming up by Steven Spielberg: "Terra Nova." It shows people from our future return to the past (Dinosaur era). It's getting a lot of hype, but so did James Cameron's "Dark Angel" and that only lasted 2 seasons.

Is "Primeval" still on the air?

As you mention, there are a couple of Heroes/X-Men type shows coming up soon but I don't have high hopes. And even some other comic/scifi showsdone or cancelled like "No Ordinary Family" and "Smallville."

The lack of any space travel sci fi (outside of "Doctor Who") is disappointing.

Edited on 05/16/2011 6:11am
    Edited 3 total times.

kanniballl

[63]May 16, 2011

Was there a "goof" or something offensive in Gauntlet?

Reading Mallozzi's blog about Gauntlet and ideas they were kicking around for Season 3, he answered some questions.

It almost reads like there was something left in the episode, that wasn't an innocent / stupid mistake like a boom mic or snickers bar.

Any idea what it was?

-EDIT-

Never mind, I found it.

Wow, just wow.

I can't believe they missed that

I found an image of the what they were talking about. I won't post it because of the language involved. Let's just say someone went a little overboard when filling the corridor with chalk-math.

Someone's gonna get in trouble over that one.

Edited on 05/16/2011 11:12am
    Edited 4 total times.

jrsgalaxy

[64]May 16, 2011
    • level: 14
    kanniballl wrote:

Was there a "goof" or something offensive in Gauntlet?

Reading Mallozzi's blog about Gauntlet and ideas they were kicking around for Season 3, he answered some questions.

It almost reads like there was something left in the episode, that wasn't an innocent / stupid mistake like a boom mic or snickers bar.

Any idea what it was?

-EDIT-

Never mind, I found it.

Wow, just wow.

I can't believe they missed that

I found an image of the what they were talking about. I won't post it because of the language involved. Let's just say someone went a little overboard when filling the corridor with chalk-math.

Someone's gonna get in trouble over that one.

I think I found something I can't make out the first word. Is that right?It comes out right when Chloe says did you find something or something like that and Rush turns around and says Huh?

kanniballl

[65]May 16, 2011

jrsgalaxy wrote:
    I think I found something I can't make out the first word. Is that right?It comes out right when Chloe says did you find something or something like that and Rush turns around and says Huh?

When Chloe sees Rush in the hall with all of the chalk, the camera zooms out just-so, and you see the side-panel of one of the hallway ribs. If watching on iTunes, it's about 15:57 second into the episode.

On HD-TV you can make it out, though fortunately the person partially wiped out the second letter.

It say **** THE FRENCH

The first word starting with an F, ending in a K, and looks to had a C as the second to last letter. I guess it's "possible" it was supposed to be FRAK but that doesn't look like an A

Mallozzi responded about it in his blog, and he's very upset over the matter. That he missed it, and that someone would do it in general... but also because it was their final episode and it had something like that in it.

Edited on 05/16/2011 8:40pm

BarryWeen3

[66]May 17, 2011

kanniballl wrote:

GeorgeMather wrote:

Now there is no new sfy - fi left on tv V does not count its a re'hash heroes , x-men underpants were they shoud be on under the pants , Lots of vamps less said the better . The only saving grace is BBC and Doctor Who .

Well Eureka and Warehouse 13 are coming back soon, and Sanctuary is still early in the season. That's at least something.

TNT is airing a sci fi series soon with aliens: "Falling Skies." I guess it's like War of the Worlds, only a supposedly long-running show depicting humanity's battle for survival. I have no idea how well it's going to do, but it's on cable which tends to give shows more of a chance than network broadcast.

There's also that time-travel show coming up by Steven Spielberg: "Terra Nova." It shows people from our future return to the past (Dinosaur era). It's getting a lot of hype, but so did James Cameron's "Dark Angel" and that only lasted 2 seasons.

Is "Primeval" still on the air?

As you mention, there are a couple of Heroes/X-Men type shows coming up soon but I don't have high hopes. And even some other comic/scifi showsdone or cancelled like "No Ordinary Family" and "Smallville."

The lack of any space travel sci fi (outside of "Doctor Who") is disappointing.

SyFy is premiering Alphas as the third hour after Eureka and Warehouse 13.

jrsgalaxy

[67]May 18, 2011
    kanniballl wrote:

jrsgalaxy wrote:

When Chloe sees Rush in the hall with all of the chalk, the camera zooms out just-so, and you see the side-panel of one of the hallway ribs. If watching on iTunes, it's about 15:57 second into the episode.

On HD-TV you can make it out, though fortunately the person partially wiped out the second letter.

It say **** THE FRENCH

The first word starting with an F, ending in a K, and looks to had a C as the second to last letter. I guess it's "possible" it was supposed to be FRAK but that doesn't look like an A

Mallozzi responded about it in his blog, and he's very upset over the matter. That he missed it, and that someone would do it in general... but also because it was their final episode and it had something like that in it.

Yeah thats pretty much what I thought it said. Just didn't want to repeat any part of the message. It's pretty tacky.