Stargate Universe Forums

Syfy (ended 2011)

Official Discussion Thread: Sabotage (possible spoilers)

TuMulTusX

[41]May 8, 2010
    • level: 6
    someguy0830 wrote:
    TuMulTusX wrote:
    Still, that wouldn't fix the 'out-of-power' problem unless the aliens would have stopped by with a pick-up to drag the ship to the next DS ALIEN ...
    The ship isn't out of power, just unable to move. There's a difference.
    So, the fish aliens still need the pick-up.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

someguy0830

[42]May 8, 2010
    • level: 27
    Not if they stripped the ship for parts or knew how to repair it.

TuMulTusX

[43]May 8, 2010
    someguy0830 wrote:
    Not if they stripped the ship for parts or knew how to repair it.
    That would be the biggest plotwhole ever!
    The fish aliens never were on board the Destiny nor speak any of them ancients. On the other hand, we have scientists from earth in the ship which also have experience in ancient technology and language, yet, they weren't able to find out much about the Destiny. Now you want to tell me that the fish heads would fix it and bring it home (even though there wouldn't be enough power left to move that brick).

Up to now, the writers delivered no reason why the aliens had interest in the Destiny in first place. As you stated, the aliens use FTL themself, so, they don't need that technology at all.

someguy0830

[44]May 9, 2010
    They figured out how to sabotage Destiny, so they must know more than we think they do at the moment. Also, ''Destiny'' has better shields, better weapons, not to mention gate technology and the means to activate it. Plus there's the obvious fact it's several times larger than their warships. Plenty of stuff of ''Destiny'' is worth taking, including the database.

TuMulTusX

[45]May 9, 2010

someguy0830 wrote:
    They figured out how to sabotage Destiny, so they must know more than we think they do at the moment. Also, ''Destiny'' has better shields, better weapons, not to mention gate technology and the means to activate it. Plus there's the obvious fact it's several times larger than their warships. Plenty of stuff of ''Destiny'' is worth taking, including the database.
    Then I just wonder why they never figured out how to gate on Destiny. As we saw, they were able to track Eli, Scott and Chloe down ... - the excuse that they don't have a remote sounds rather lame! They could have collected further information from that 2 people which went missing in AIR.

Edited on 05/09/2010 4:03am

torrijos

[46]May 9, 2010
    • level: 16
    You mean the 2 that got stranded without a remote?

TuMulTusX

[47]May 9, 2010
    torrijos wrote:
    You mean the 2 that got stranded without a remote?
    Yep.
    The aliens could have used their mind reader devices on them and gather any intel they needed. We know that those aliens were around at that time already (little ship that left).

torrijos

[48]May 9, 2010
    TuMulTusX wrote:
    Yep.
    The aliens could have used their mind reader devices on them and gather any intel they needed. We know that those aliens were around at that time already (little ship that left).

The thing is, those that were stranded were a soldier and some geologist or chemist, both would have had very little information on the ship since they only were on board for a few hours and that is IF the bluliens had caught them.
    At that point in the show it is more plausible that they just died on the planet they were stranded on (when Eli tried to look for them with another kino he saw nothing).

The bluliens only captured Rush when he emitted something from the crashed ship which is logical. When Destiny makes a stop the aliens have no way of knowing were the crew is going with the stargate or even if the crew is using the stargate, so to capture members of the crew they would need to visit and search every planets in range of Destiny at every stop.

But, like Rush said, they have been following the ship for quite some time, even boarded it (the little ship that detached from it at the end of air), studied it a little bit and tried stopping it by attacking it. We can't assume that Destiny used to stop for days near stargates before Rush told it to, so for the moment they have been following Destiny gathering what they can from the short encounters they have had with it, but for them it is still new technology (unlike the people from the SG program).

The thing is then that the alien know about Destiny, know about the technology on board but, much like the teams from earth, they cannot use the gates without original ancient technology (DHDs or remote control).
    Edited on 05/09/2010 8:27am

Enquier

[49]May 9, 2010
    • level: 9

Does anyone else think we may have found the fate of the original crew? Perhaps the ship was designed so that 1 person can make 1 command and then they ascend? That doesn't make sense i know just trying to spark conversation.

MajLorne

[50]May 9, 2010
    • level: 21
    I think it was established early on that the Ancients were originally going to get to the ship, but most either died off, ascended, or moved to Pegasus. So to them they probably either long forgot about Destiny or just had no use for it.

someguy0830

[51]May 9, 2010
    Enquier wrote:
    Does anyone else think we may have found the fate of the original crew? Perhaps the ship was designed so that 1 person can make 1 command and then they ascend? That doesn't make sense i know just trying to spark conversation.
    "Turn left." *glow* "Increase speed. *glow* "Stop." *glow*

I seriously doubt the Ancients would design a system that required regular human/Ancient sacrifices for basic tasks.

BerziWasfy

[52]May 9, 2010
    • level: 4
    Enquier wrote:

They sent sevreal ships ahead to plant the stargates.
    Then they sent the mother ship. no one was on bord it. btw

the littel grey ones! the episode when jack's midn got overloaded with info. he used a new symbol to go to another planet where the littel grey ones were, this was not the same planet as they destroyd, so maybe it's them who have made the plannet, whitout the stargate? btw 2:

Who is that in both SG-1 and SGA almost every planet was inhabited by someone, human or moster, theese planets on SGU are all empety, thats why this show is worse then the

BerziWasfy

[53]May 9, 2010
    i should end my sentece before posting lol

the others, maybe this new galaxy has som innhabitors

BerziWasfy

[54]May 9, 2010
    i should end my sentece before posting lol

the others, maybe this new galaxy has som innhabitors

MrBovineOrdure

[55]May 9, 2010

The stranding of Eli and their return felt a little too quick. It makes sense though.

When they introduced the maintenance robot, they spoke like they used it before. Did I miss something from a previous episode? I don't remember this piece of equipment.

There really needs to be a rulebook on those stones. Thankfully Rush showed some restraint, but I could imagine the conversation if he hadn't

Camile: I'M WHAT !?!?!?!?

Doctor: pregnant

Camile: WHO THE &@!% did tha.... RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly, I think people would be a little more freaked out about having sex with their lover who's in someone else's body.

Mr BO

Edited on 05/09/2010 2:28pm

MajLorne

[56]May 9, 2010
    They saw the robot in 'Faith', but just closed up the 'box' after a quick look at it.

And agreed about the sex in other people's bodies. It's just morally wrong.

MajLorne

[57]May 9, 2010

BerziWasfy wrote:
    Enquier wrote:

They sent sevreal ships ahead to plant the stargates. Then they sent the mother ship. no one was on bord it. btw the littel grey ones! the episode when jack's midn got overloaded with info. he used a new symbol to go to another planet where the littel grey ones were, this was not the same planet as they destroyd, so maybe it's them who have made the plannet, whitout the stargate? btw 2: Who is that in both SG-1 and SGA almost every planet was inhabited by someone, human or moster, theese planets on SGU are all empety, thats why this show is worse then the
    The Asgard. That was their original homeworld before they destroyed it to destroy the replicators and moved to a new planet. At the end of the series they blew up their planet with themselves because they made a flaw that would kill them eventually. So they killed themselves to keep their tech out of the wrong hands.

The Asgard are capable of interstellar tech, but they are not as advanced as the Ancients are. I kinda doubt they created that 'genesis planet'.

I liked SG-1 and SGA, but there was only so many times they can visit a 'medievel' type villiage or some forest. So to see planets with no life is not always bad.

Edited on 05/09/2010 2:44pm

torrijos

[58]May 9, 2010
    And after a little while everybody spoke english on those planets, meanwhile on ours, even the countries that speak english have different vocabulary, accents and dialects, an then there is the vast majority of humanity that speaks other languages.

If planets in SGU are mostly empty it's because planets able to sustain life are, in fact, rare in the universe, and that any form of life would have developed on them would be even rarer. It is already miraculous that they have vegetation.

The planets of SG1 had humans on them because the Goald brought them has slaves.
    How could there be human on the part of the universe where Destiny is? What would be the explanation?

About the inhabitants of the galaxies that Destiny is visiting, like the blue aliens, meeting them would be pretty challenging...
    Either they are completely primitive aliens and good luck communicating with them, or they are advanced enough to try and talk with the crew but how would they feel about us? Knowing that Destiny is part of a project that came hundreds or thousands of years ago with the seeding ship dropped a stargate on their planet, an artifact they wouldn't be able to use and left.
    It could very well be taken as a treat, that might be why the blue aliens are after the Destiny.
    Edited on 05/09/2010 5:46pm

MajLorne

[59]May 9, 2010
    Yeah I do agree that how everyone in SGA and SG1 all knew what the team was saying was too convenient, but then again it would take too long to establish the basic communication thing. At least it was consistant with the Unas where Daniel had to learn their language.

As for the blue aliens, sure I wouldn't be surprised they thought of Destiny and the gates in their galaxy as invaders. They have no idea how to control the gates and the humans do. Not to mention Rush strangled one to death, so that'll tick them off even more now.

TuMulTusX

[60]May 10, 2010

torrijos wrote:
    And after a little while everybody spoke english on those planets, meanwhile on ours, even the countries that speak english have different vocabulary, accents and dialects, an then there is the vast majority of humanity that speaks other languages.
    Well,
    the blue fish aliens could write English "Surrender!' - is that really so different? And they even knew how to broadcast it over to the Destiny; or do they have a form of galactic www ... ?

I could now come up with the typical SGU explanation for why everyone spoke English in SG-1:
    Either they were so smart that they could pick up a language after hearing a few aentences or they had tiny little translation devices which were too unimportant as that the writers would have introduced them to us.

See,
    there is an explanation for everything.

Edited on 05/10/2010 12:22am