Stargate Universe Forums

Syfy (ended 2011)

The Hydroponics Lab - The Official Show Rant/Complaint Thread

  • Avatar of ntixitjo

    ntixitjo

    [41]May 2, 2010
    • member since: 10/24/04
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 13
    don't get me wrong I love stargate and scifi in general but the more I watch this the more I feel that the writers are just trying to RIP OFF BATTLESTAR GALACTICA HARDCORE and are coming up with mediocre SPACE-OPERA BLECCCHHH. yea, there have been some cool moments, but mostly they need to stop focusing on who-loves-who and who-hates-who and start exploring some sweet ancient high-tech alien civilizations already for crying out loud that's what made stargate in the first place.

    The fact that this thread exists and is right at the top of the discussion page proves that they're doing something very wrong. And by the way, why is this post filled with back-and-forth petty arguments? Wasn't that forbidden in the rules? And for darn good reason? A little arguing is okay but now this thread is turning into a soap-opera.... nobody wants to skip through your trivial bickering. And no, I will not bother defending that so don't bother retorting.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TuMulTusX

    TuMulTusX

    [42]May 2, 2010
    • member since: 10/11/09
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 225
    ntixitjo wrote:
    don't get me wrong I love stargate and scifi in general but the more I watch this the more I feel that the writers are just trying to RIP OFF BATTLESTAR GALACTICA HARDCORE and are coming up with mediocre SPACE-OPERA BLECCCHHH. yea, there have been some cool moments, but mostly they need to stop focusing on who-loves-who and who-hates-who and start exploring some sweet ancient high-tech alien civilizations already for crying out loud that's what made stargate in the first place.

    The fact that this thread exists and is right at the top of the discussion page proves that they're doing something very wrong. And by the way, why is this post filled with back-and-forth petty arguments? Wasn't that forbidden in the rules? And for darn good reason? A little arguing is okay but now this thread is turning into a soap-opera.... nobody wants to skip through your trivial bickering. And no, I will not bother defending that so don't bother retorting.
    Agrred!
    This is supposed to be the RANT THREAD. So, let us!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Yaspaa

    Yaspaa

    [43]May 3, 2010
    • member since: 02/12/07
    • level: 79
    • rank: "Make It So"
    • posts: 1,873
    ntixitjo wrote:
    don't get me wrong I love stargate and scifi in general but the more I watch this the more I feel that the writers are just trying to RIP OFF BATTLESTAR GALACTICA HARDCORE and are coming up with mediocre SPACE-OPERA BLECCCHHH. yea, there have been some cool moments, but mostly they need to stop focusing on who-loves-who and who-hates-who and start exploring some sweet ancient high-tech alien civilizations already for crying out loud that's what made stargate in the first place.

    The fact that this thread exists and is right at the top of the discussion page proves that they're doing something very wrong. And by the way, why is this post filled with back-and-forth petty arguments? Wasn't that forbidden in the rules? And for darn good reason? A little arguing is okay but now this thread is turning into a soap-opera.... nobody wants to skip through your trivial bickering. And no, I will not bother defending that so don't bother retorting.

    The fact that this thread is pinned just proves there is a lot of arguing. If you write stuff like that you're begging for a reaction, not to mention joining the petty arguement, albeit with the usual exaggeration. An arguement doesn't equal soap opera either. Human interaction is a part of life if it isn't there, how are you supposed to relate?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Yaspaa

    Yaspaa

    [44]May 3, 2010
    • member since: 02/12/07
    • level: 79
    • rank: "Make It So"
    • posts: 1,873
    Nah SGU isn't slower, Previous SGs were convenient constantly, how many times did one of them almost get shot with the 'baddie' for some reason, taking longer than he should to pull the trigger only to be shot in the back by a teammate, we're talking about hundreds of times. People die, then they come back.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TuMulTusX

    TuMulTusX

    [45]May 3, 2010
    • member since: 10/11/09
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 225
    Yaspaa wrote:
    Nah SGU isn't slower, Previous SGs were convenient constantly, how many times did one of them almost get shot with the 'baddie' for some reason, taking longer than he should to pull the trigger only to be shot in the back by a teammate, we're talking about hundreds of times. People die, then they come back.
    I disagree!
    If you take 5 SG-U episodes and strip out the not needed drama, sex and whining, you end up having a below average SG-1 / SG-A episode. It is just that they need 40 minutes per episode in SG-U to dry up their tears or to say that they are pregnant or to cry because the ex boyfriend is kissing the best girlfriend ... !

    In addition, SG-U keeps changing the technology. For example, in one episode we learn that KINOs run on an internal battery, in another episode the same KINO's fall down to the floor because the ship's main power is failing or interrupted. Or: they have more than 90% of power resources but not enough energy to keep the shields up against that tiny alien laser guns - yet, the writers want us to believe that the ship was able to fly into the corona of a star while power was almost depleded ... yep, this I call smart and grown-up science fiction.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [47]May 3, 2010
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    TuMulTusX wrote:
    If you take 5 SG-U episodes and strip out the not needed drama, sex and whining, you end up having a below average SG-1 / SG-A episode. It is just that they need 40 minutes per episode in SG-U to dry up their tears or to say that they are pregnant or to cry because the ex boyfriend is kissing the best girlfriend ... !
    As opposed to entire seasons of filler then a few finale episodes of plot. Each has its merits.

    TuMulTusX wrote:
    In addition, SG-U keeps changing the technology. For example, in one episode we learn that KINOs run on an internal battery, in another episode the same KINO's fall down to the floor because the ship's main power is failing or interrupted. Or: they have more than 90% of power resources but not enough energy to keep the shields up against that tiny alien laser guns - yet, the writers want us to believe that the ship was able to fly into the corona of a star while power was almost depleded ... yep, this I call smart and grown-up science fiction.
    This is where paying attention would really help. The Kino wasn't charged because it's charged by the dispenser. Destiny diverted power from the dispenser, so no charge. Also, it's not 90% power, it's 40%. In addition, the aliens were able to beat through the shields because the weapons draw power from the shields to function. When flying through a star, there's a constant influx of power keeping the shields going.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TuMulTusX

    TuMulTusX

    [48]May 3, 2010
    • member since: 10/11/09
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 225
    someguy0830 wrote:
    TuMulTusX wrote:
    If you take 5 SG-U episodes and strip out the not needed drama, sex and whining, you end up having a below average SG-1 / SG-A episode. It is just that they need 40 minutes per episode in SG-U to dry up their tears or to say that they are pregnant or to cry because the ex boyfriend is kissing the best girlfriend ... !
    As opposed to entire seasons of filler then a few finale episodes of plot. Each has its merits.

    TuMulTusX wrote:
    In addition, SG-U keeps changing the technology. For example, in one episode we learn that KINOs run on an internal battery, in another episode the same KINO's fall down to the floor because the ship's main power is failing or interrupted. Or: they have more than 90% of power resources but not enough energy to keep the shields up against that tiny alien laser guns - yet, the writers want us to believe that the ship was able to fly into the corona of a star while power was almost depleded ... yep, this I call smart and grown-up science fiction.
    This is where paying attention would really help. The Kino wasn't charged because it's charged by the dispenser. Destiny diverted power from the dispenser, so no charge. Also, it's not 90% power, it's 40%. In addition, the aliens were able to beat through the shields because the weapons draw power from the shields to function. When flying through a star, there's a constant influx of power keeping the shields going.
    Nice fairy tale.

    See, even you have to make up things while explaining. I saw this already in many of your replies. That should have been the writers job, not yours.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [49]May 3, 2010
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    TuMulTusX wrote:
    See, even you have to make up things while explaining. I saw this already in many of your replies. That should have been the writers job, not yours.
    No, I don't have to make up anything. They say it in the episodes. You just refuse to pay attention. Riley grabbed said Kino out of the dispenser, and comments that it should be charged as a result. "earth" is pretty much focused on the fact that the ship gets unlimited power while inside a star. Eli, repeatedly, states that firing the weapons drains power from the shields.

    The writers are doing their job. You simply refuse to listen.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TuMulTusX

    TuMulTusX

    [50]May 5, 2010
    • member since: 10/11/09
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 225
    someguy0830 wrote:
    The writers are doing their job. You simply refuse to listen.
    Funny,
    besides you and a handful of other people on here, most people think otherwise. I haven't seen so many plot holes of a series in one season - ever!

    Still, it does not mean that you can't enjoy the show - I don't mind at all.

    BTW: It seems like that even SyFy does not value this show as very important - Germany will be the one broadcasting the season finale first (even before SyFy) on 6/9/2010 ...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [51]May 5, 2010
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    TuMulTusX wrote:
    Funny, besides you and a handful of other people on here, most people think otherwise. I haven't seen so many plot holes of a series in one season - ever!
    Most of those people have the same problem you do: a lack of attention to detail. There haven't been any plot holes, except those the viewer makes up.

    TuMulTusX wrote:
    BTW: It seems like that even SyFy does not value this show as very important - Germany will be the one broadcasting the season finale first (even before SyFy) on 6/9/2010 ...
    Not all networks run on the same schedule. UK networks ran the second half of several seasons of Atlantis ahead of the US. They just run through their library episodes faster than SyFy, which has a habit of skipping weeks for various reasons.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TuMulTusX

    TuMulTusX

    [52]May 5, 2010
    • member since: 10/11/09
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 225

    someguy0830 wrote:
    Most of those people have the same problem you do: a lack of attention to detail. There haven't been any plot holes, except those the viewer makes up.
    I wouldn't consider this a problem of the viewers if a show is that slow, boring and ridiculous that people look forward to the next commercial break - but maybe that was SGU's intention after all.

    someguy,
    I have learnt by now that you are a 'blind defender' of the show, so, you don't have to proof me right with every single reply.

    There heve been many plot holes, conveniences and nonsense in this show since the early beginning, yet, you prefer to be ignorant and you think that anyone who is not as 'blind loving' as you has not paid attention to the show. If you would spend less time posting your replies in the wrong forum thread - this is after all the RANT THREAD - and you would start googling, you would learn of many hundreds of plot holes. But then, it might change your attitude towards the show, so, you better stick with your old patterns.

    Edited on 05/05/2010 1:42pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [53]May 5, 2010
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    TuMulTusX wrote:
    There heve been many plot holes, conveniences and nonsense in this show since the early beginning, yet, you prefer to be ignorant and you think that anyone who is not as 'blind loving' as you has not paid attention to the show. If you would spend less time posting your replies in the wrong forum thread - this is after all the RANT THREAD - and you would start googling, you would learn of many hundreds of plot holes. But then, it might change your attitude towards the show, so, you better stick with your old patterns.
    By the same token, if you took the time to pay attention, you would not believe the haters who insist that everything is a plot hole. It works both ways. Every plot hole you've brought up thus far isn't one, or at the very least is not something that contradicts canon. Find something that does and I'll concede the point.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Yaspaa

    Yaspaa

    [54]May 5, 2010
    • member since: 02/12/07
    • level: 79
    • rank: "Make It So"
    • posts: 1,873
    OH! TuMulTusX! I thought you were different, but the hate shines through, not the disappointment, the hate. I recognise the tone of that semi-organised hate.
    Plot holes, whether they exist or not, who cares? Scifi shows are always filled with them, because science can be complicated and sometimes unexplainable. We don't know everything, so why should everything wrap up so nicely?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TuMulTusX

    TuMulTusX

    [55]May 5, 2010
    • member since: 10/11/09
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 225

    Yaspaa wrote:
    OH! TuMulTusX! I thought you were different, but the hate shines through, not the disappointment, the hate. I recognise the tone of that semi-organised hate. Plot holes, whether they exist or not, who cares? Scifi shows are always filled with them, because science can be complicated and sometimes unexplainable. We don't know everything, so why should everything wrap up so nicely?
    It doesn't really matter to me if someone likes the show or not; in my opinion it also does not need to be canceled since it has its fans - see, here I am different compared to other haters - yet, denying plot holes and saying there aren't any is of different matter!

    Sure,
    other tv shows have plot holes too but this is the SGU Forums here and in addition the only allowed RANT THREAD.

    LOL, funny!
    You guys didn't like people ranting or complaining in other threads, so, now we have a single dedicated rant thread and you're still not happy!

    @YASPAA:
    You might have noticed that I try not to 'rant' in other threads ... !

    Edited on 05/05/2010 6:20pm
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Yaspaa

    Yaspaa

    [56]May 6, 2010
    • member since: 02/12/07
    • level: 79
    • rank: "Make It So"
    • posts: 1,873
    The complaining is unfounded though, it's like complaining that the custard is yellow. If you didn't realise that 4+4 was 8, does that make it a plot hole, or just something you missed? O'Neill got skewered twice, shot, zatted, staff blasted, beaten etc, and without so much as a limp. Nobody dies, and if they do, they end coming back in some form. How come you are willing to let huge stuff like that get brushed under the mat? yet nitpick with SGU. I think you've dug yourself a whole and now don't want to lose face. Toodles
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TuMulTusX

    TuMulTusX

    [57]May 6, 2010
    • member since: 10/11/09
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 225
    Yaspaa wrote:
    The complaining is unfounded though, it's like complaining that the custard is yellow. If you didn't realise that 4+4 was 8, does that make it a plot hole, or just something you missed? O'Neill got skewered twice, shot, zatted, staff blasted, beaten etc, and without so much as a limp. Nobody dies, and if they do, they end coming back in some form. How come you are willing to let huge stuff like that get brushed under the mat? yet nitpick with SGU. I think you've dug yourself a whole and now don't want to lose face. Toodles
    Not really!
    After all, this forums are about SGU, not SG-1.

    You want a plothole? Fine!

    COMMUNICATION STONES
    Following the stones from the beginning, it seems like Rush were hiding one for himself. The entire time, the other stones were connecting to earth, yet, when Rush loses his stone, the other stones connect all of a sudden to that one, so, that we conveniently get body-switched with the aliens.

    One glitch would have been fine, even ancient tech is not free of failure, yet, Young connects instantly a second time to that alien. Once Rush beats up the alien, Young's stone does not work anymore. If it would have been a glitch, why didn't the stone body-switch with Rush - after all he had touched that stone too. Or why didn't get Young connected to earth? Very convenient!

    In general, people use the stones to go back to earth and sleep with their partners. Since we mostly see the same actors playing the 'body-switch' part, we easily forget that those are different looking people. How likely would your wife, husband, girl(boy)friend sleep with a stranger claiming he is your partner? And even if you would believe him, the last thing you would have in mind is sex!

    It is still rather unlikely that they would have let those people off-base.

    CHLOE
    Chloe studdied Dr. Jackson's work? Did Daniel finally publish an enzyclopedia on the ancients? When did Chloe read his notes? While running off IKARUS or while swimming in the alien's tank? Or was it while 'body-swapped-drunk' on earth? All of a sudden the writers try to give her a reason to be there, now, don't call not convenient. BTW: in one SG-1 episode, Jacob / Selmac takes a look at Daniel's notes and says that he can read the words but he can't understand the meaning of it. Chloe seems to be smarter ...

    KINOS AND REMOTES
    Destiny and the SGU stargates are supposed to be many many thousands of years older than the Milkyway / Pegasus stargates. Still, it seems like they are much more sophisticated since they don't require DHDs but a simple, PSP sized remote! Why would the ancients replace that handy remote with a large DHD as shown in SG-1 / SG-A? If anything, they would have tiny miniature versions a thousand years later, not larger ones which also wouldn't be mobile.

    The KINOs seem so much more advanced than anything we saw in Atlantis. They are anti-gravity devices and also can analyse the athmosphere of a planet when used as a MALP. Now (in LOST) we even learn that they can explore tunnels by themself and wait nicely at the exit ...

    If you start rewatching the entire SGU episodes, you will learn how features get added or changed to fit in the plot.

    ABOUT NOBODY DIES
    How many of the main characters have been dying in SGU so far? None ... ! And if one of the main actors gets lost, he will be back ... so, what is your point?

    Well,
    just a little bit; I could write a book.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of hoobydictator

    hoobydictator

    [58]May 6, 2010
    • member since: 01/17/09
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 83

    TuMulTusX wrote:
    KINOS AND REMOTES Destiny and the SGU stargates are supposed to be many many thousands of years older than the Milkyway / Pegasus stargates. Still, it seems like they are much more sophisticated since they don't require DHDs but a simple, PSP sized remote! Why would the ancients replace that handy remote with a large DHD as shown in SG-1 / SG-A? If anything, they would have tiny miniature versions a thousand years later, not larger ones which also wouldn't be mobile.


    I think it was in SG1 where they indicated that the Ancients seeded life in the Milky Way. If the idea was to allow the people who evolved on these worlds to contact each other via the network of gates, then it would be much more convenient to place a DHD next to each gate rather than have to go around handing out remote controls all the time.


    Also, while the gates in SGU are of an older design, another motive for not providing a dialing mechanism on the planet could be to prevent an existing lifeform from abusing the technology.


    TuMulTusX wrote:
    The KINOs seem so much more advanced than anything we saw in Atlantis. They are anti-gravity devices and also can analyse the athmosphere of a planet when used as a MALP. Now (in LOST) we even learn that they can explore tunnels by themself and wait nicely at the exit .


    There is a simple method for finding the exit to a maze which is to follow one wall. If the kino was told to autonomously explore (as we have seem them doing on Destiny), then it could have explored all junctions in the tunnels quite easily and built up a complete map. The point at which it stopped was not only an exit, but a dead end and quite possibly the last junction to be explored.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [59]May 6, 2010
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    TuMulTusX wrote:
    One glitch would have been fine, even ancient tech is not free of failure, yet, Young connects instantly a second time to that alien. Once Rush beats up the alien, Young's stone does not work anymore. If it would have been a glitch, why didn't the stone body-switch with Rush - after all he had touched that stone too. Or why didn't get Young connected to earth? Very convenient!
    This is at best a minor plot hole, and one that is partially addressed in the show. You can pick up a communication stone without activating it. Watch how Caine disconnects Young when the alien goes berserk in his body. Rush would be fully aware of this and smart enough not to trigger the stone.

    TuMulTusX wrote:
    In general, people use the stones to go back to earth and sleep with their partners. Since we mostly see the same actors playing the 'body-switch' part, we easily forget that those are different looking people. How likely would your wife, husband, girl(boy)friend sleep with a stranger claiming he is your partner? And even if you would believe him, the last thing you would have in mind is sex!
    That's not a plot hole, just willing (or rather unwilling) suspension of disbelief.

    TuMulTusX wrote:
    It is still rather unlikely that they would have let those people off-base.
    For your viewing pleasure:
    http://stargate.mgm.com/view/content/2104/index.html

    TuMulTusX wrote:
    Chloe studdied Dr. Jackson's work? Did Daniel finally publish an enzyclopedia on the ancients? When did Chloe read his notes? While running off IKARUS or while swimming in the alien's tank? Or was it while 'body-swapped-drunk' on earth? All of a sudden the writers try to give her a reason to be there, now, don't call not convenient. BTW: in one SG-1 episode, Jacob / Selmac takes a look at Daniel's notes and says that he can read the words but he can't understand the meaning of it. Chloe seems to be smarter ...
    You don't see every minute of their lives. Not a plot hole. Again, willing suspension of disbelief. Your comparison to Jacob is entirely flawed. He was trying to read Ancient, not get a basic overview of archeology.

    TuMulTusX wrote:
    Destiny and the SGU stargates are supposed to be many many thousands of years older than the Milkyway / Pegasus stargates. Still, it seems like they are much more sophisticated since they don't require DHDs but a simple, PSP sized remote! Why would the ancients replace that handy remote with a large DHD as shown in SG-1 / SG-A? If anything, they would have tiny miniature versions a thousand years later, not larger ones which also wouldn't be mobile.
    Destiny gates weren't meant to be used by anyone but the Ancients, later models are an intergalactic transit system. Also, what do you think would be easier to break/lose, a PSP sized remote or a giant DHD?

    TuMulTusX wrote:
    The KINOs seem so much more advanced than anything we saw in Atlantis. They are anti-gravity devices and also can analyse the athmosphere of a planet when used as a MALP. Now (in LOST) we even learn that they can explore tunnels by themself and wait nicely at the exit ...

    If you start rewatching the entire SGU episodes, you will learn how features get added or changed to fit in the plot.
    Nothing has been changed, and adding additional features is not a plot hole. You need to learn the definition. Your gripe isn't a plot hole, just singling out some aspect of the show and claiming it contradicts when it doesn't.

    TuMulTusX wrote:
    How many of the main characters have been dying in SGU so far? None ... ! And if one of the main actors gets lost, he will be back ... so, what is your point?
    Not a plot hole. This is just being needlessly ignorant now, and there's no excuse for it. How many times, in 10 seasons, did they kill off main characters in SG1? Permanently. And I'm not talking side characters like Kawalsky, I mean main characters. You're applying double standards to bash the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Yaspaa

    Yaspaa

    [60]May 6, 2010
    • member since: 02/12/07
    • level: 79
    • rank: "Make It So"
    • posts: 1,873
    TuMulTusX wrote:
    Yaspaa wrote:
    The complaining is unfounded though, it's like complaining that the custard is yellow. If you didn't realise that 4+4 was 8, does that make it a plot hole, or just something you missed? O'Neill got skewered twice, shot, zatted, staff blasted, beaten etc, and without so much as a limp. Nobody dies, and if they do, they end coming back in some form. How come you are willing to let huge stuff like that get brushed under the mat? yet nitpick with SGU. I think you've dug yourself a whole and now don't want to lose face. Toodles
    Not really!
    After all, this forums are about SGU, not SG-1.

    You want a plothole? Fine!

    COMMUNICATION STONES
    Following the stones from the beginning, it seems like Rush were hiding one for himself. The entire time, the other stones were connecting to earth, yet, when Rush loses his stone, the other stones connect all of a sudden to that one, so, that we conveniently get body-switched with the aliens.

    One glitch would have been fine, even ancient tech is not free of failure, yet, Young connects instantly a second time to that alien. Once Rush beats up the alien, Young's stone does not work anymore. If it would have been a glitch, why didn't the stone body-switch with Rush - after all he had touched that stone too. Or why didn't get Young connected to earth? Very convenient!

    In general, people use the stones to go back to earth and sleep with their partners. Since we mostly see the same actors playing the 'body-switch' part, we easily forget that those are different looking people. How likely would your wife, husband, girl(boy)friend sleep with a stranger claiming he is your partner? And even if you would believe him, the last thing you would have in mind is sex!

    It is still rather unlikely that they would have let those people off-base.

    CHLOE
    Chloe studdied Dr. Jackson's work? Did Daniel finally publish an enzyclopedia on the ancients? When did Chloe read his notes? While running off IKARUS or while swimming in the alien's tank? Or was it while 'body-swapped-drunk' on earth? All of a sudden the writers try to give her a reason to be there, now, don't call not convenient. BTW: in one SG-1 episode, Jacob / Selmac takes a look at Daniel's notes and says that he can read the words but he can't understand the meaning of it. Chloe seems to be smarter ...

    KINOS AND REMOTES
    Destiny and the SGU stargates are supposed to be many many thousands of years older than the Milkyway / Pegasus stargates. Still, it seems like they are much more sophisticated since they don't require DHDs but a simple, PSP sized remote! Why would the ancients replace that handy remote with a large DHD as shown in SG-1 / SG-A? If anything, they would have tiny miniature versions a thousand years later, not larger ones which also wouldn't be mobile.

    The KINOs seem so much more advanced than anything we saw in Atlantis. They are anti-gravity devices and also can analyse the athmosphere of a planet when used as a MALP. Now (in LOST) we even learn that they can explore tunnels by themself and wait nicely at the exit ...

    If you start rewatching the entire SGU episodes, you will learn how features get added or changed to fit in the plot.

    ABOUT NOBODY DIES
    How many of the main characters have been dying in SGU so far? None ... ! And if one of the main actors gets lost, he will be back ... so, what is your point?

    Well,
    just a little bit; I could write a book.

    Going by your understanding of convenience, every single piece of the plot is convenient. It's a TV show, they've given Chloe more purpose, what's wrong with that?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.