Stargate Universe

Incursion (2)

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jun 11, 2010 on Syfy

• Not the best but definately worth the stargate name

This episode, to be honest, started out...okay. But then as time went on it just got better. The ending was a real "Titanic" moment as well just showing young looking up as, so it seemed, the lucian alliance were gonna kill them. It really showed a part of him too, a proud but defeated individual who has been beaten by the trials of Destiny.

I liked how things didn't go to plan how nothing became simple. That is probably the biggest change I like in this show is that the outcome to problems seems realistic. I.e. they don't suddenly in one episode defeat 30 replicator ships and an entire planet and it's not as simple as a-b-c.

I thought this show was just another BSG but tbh I think it's more of plausible version of it which makes it unique not only in comparison to BSG but also to other sci-fis. The storyline is believable and the characters show a different facet each and every episode. In this particular episode (and the one before) we saw many new facets of "the big three" but that's also the good thing is that these facets build on the initial character not divert from their personality back at the beginning.

I was just like everyone else at first saying why stargate has taken the route of drama but I see now. When you watch the show you really feel there. And with this episode I felt as though I was there.

I also liked the cliff hanger. It was not an obvious one, very rarely do you see "the good side" down and out.

This episode is also a lot rougher and tougher than many stargates before it, this is a facet I have seen of the series in general. Some say it's bad, I personally like the "not so perfect" world they live in...reflects our own.