Stargate Universe

Incursion (2)

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Jun 11, 2010 on Syfy

• Great moments, but can we get on with the story?

Spoilers ahead.

So the finale doesn't really do that much except push the SG group further into the mess. Then it tries to leave us hanging over the fate of the main characters - who we're all 100% sure will be back next season. After the last few episodes I was hoping for more resolution seeing as this is the 3rd part, so I was a little disappointed.

I still like how well the Lucian Alliance are being portrayed, not the usual "all talk, no threat" type of villain and for the most part they are a good match of the SG crew. Kiva's simple execution of the hostage after Young's ruse was all the more shocking as SG and most SF shows usually aren't that realistic and brutal. The pulsar being the cause of the disintegrations is wonky science, but it lends an extra factor to the episode that without, might have been too simple.

The split second Telford/Kiva confrontation was awesome and loved the misinterpretation of it. The fleeting image of Destiny silhouetted by the pulsar also gave a great sense of awe - we need this kind of stuff more often. SGU has moments like these two, I just wish it would stop worrying about alienating those who came just to see Stargate they're used to and give us this more radical show we keep seeing glimpses of. We still look on course for some kind of SG/Lucian Alliance team-up, especially as we actually begin to see some of their group developing characters beyond cannon fodder. I hope they hit the ground running in the new season.