Stargate Universe

Justice

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Dec 04, 2009 on Syfy

• This isn't really a review as much as a summary of SGU so far.

Another watcher has stated that this show doesn't deserve the name Stargate. He's right; to insult this original, well acted, we'll plotted and intriguingly unpredictable piece of Sci-Fi by lumping it in with the, mostly formulaic, nonsensical, fun at all costs TV shows that came before it would be grossly unfair. There are times when you watch this and remember what ST: Voyager could and should have been. The Shakespearian elements of Robert Carlyle's Dr. Rush are excellent and the sprinkling of other very talented actors serves to bring the standard s of the show up several levels. I'm sure it may seem more fun if we had some caricatured aliens to shoot at every week but too many of us having a decent plot thread and good "genuine" stories is much more desirable. As Different as this show is it does feel like a much more natural successor to Stargate the movie than either of the previous shows; especially in the interaction between civilian(s) and soldiers.

In fact the only downside has been the hideous ease with which people stuck on Earth are supposed to be jumping into bed with the host bodies of their far away lovers. The next episode cannot come quickly enough for us here.