Stargate Universe

Malice

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Nov 16, 2010 on Syfy

• Great episode

I've been watching the Stargate franchise started. Universe is a different twist. I like this episode. I would of done exactly what Rush did, shot him in the head for killing someone I care about...I do feel more sorry for Eli though. Its seems that he hurts a lot. Also it may be that it is his first girlfriend. LOL. Compared to other episodes, this one was worth my while. Some other episodes do drag but as the season progresses it seems that it is getting better. I am a hugh sci-fi fan and hope this goes on for a while.
  • finally an episode worth watching

I must confess i was one of the many that liked Gin quite a lot. Her existence made things a little lighter and made Eli go back to the funny guy he used to be at the beginning of the series (not the heart broken idiot he has been lately). now, after losing her, I suppose he's going to become much worse. I felt Young was a little absent in the action part leaving more room to Scott (my least favorite character) which is depressing as i don't really like what they have been doing with Young's character lately. On the other hand this was a kick ass episode. Simeon killed a bunch of people and and put a bomb on dr. Park's back. i don't know why but the moments when Rush was trying to disarm the bomb seemed to me the greatest. Her emotions looked so real especially when she was saying 'it's ok, it's ok' that it caught me by surprise. of course she later returned to her emotionless self but that one moment made her much more human than before. Rush was also great, so angry but at the same time so smart. he also had a break down and even if it looked genuine I still have my doubts. after all he is almost a pathological lier... they had to scream the truth about the remote out of him, lol. I guess he was trying to make himself look more vulnerable and less of a threat in the eyes of Scott and Greer so, given the opportunity, he could get lost and kill the S.O.B. After all it did look like he let out some steam and that he would be more reasonable from that point forward. truth be told i was with Scott and Greer on this 'getting Simeon alive' thing until after the stampede when he said that he had information. that made me so angry that i changed my mind and hoped Rush kills him.

I also liked the part with the wild animal they found. When Greer asked if it was something they could barbecue I half expected them to actually bring it on board. God only knows what hateful food they nourish themselves with. I feel sorry for Cloe. No one trusts her anymore. it's hard to live in a closed space with people who look at you funny and even prove them that they have reasons to. there is only one thing that I don't get. If I remember it right, when Daniel and Vala got transported with the stones in the bodies of those two villagers (SG1) and got themselves killed they returned to their original bodies unharmed. Was that different in anyway? I still don't understand why Amanda had to die.
  • Intense, believable and heartfelt episode.

Following on from the previous episode ( and continuing the almost-relationship between Rush and Amanda ) we find out what has happened to Amanda's host and what this means when someone using the communication stones is killed. The resulting tale of revenge at all costs plays out well, with the overt vengeance-seeking Rush and the quiet-seething anger of Eli filling most of the screen time. The death changes them both and to a degree changes how others see them. Even Rush's secrecy over the hidden bridge seems to be forgiven in light of the loss of Ginn and Amanda, and the escape of Simeon. Nice that the writer's didn't water down the final decision of Rush when confronting the man that has the secrets to the Lucian Alliance battle plans, and good to see Matt thinking for himself and moving away (possibly?) from the shadow of Col. Young. The over-riding arcs continue, but this is a good jump forward and provides a nice bit of development for some major characters. Entertaining episode.
  • Great, but don't watch this episode thinking you'll get fun-time Stargate.

Amazing episode, but it was really dark and depressing and felt totally felt honest to the story so far. We knew Simeon was going to cause trouble, just how much was very surprising.

It also showed me how much I've come to like Eli, despite him being a big love-sick baby half the time and a more brainy Xander the rest of the time. I was gutted to see Ginn dead even though we knew it was happening after the end of the last episode. Eli's frustrated attitude on the ship was just right, despite you wishing he wasn't acting that way.

Simeon's escape is realistically bloody and brutal, surprising the somewhat complacent SG crew. Their attempts to re-capture Simeon were also seen as particularly lacking.

The location looked great, and the chase story was strong with lots of tense scenes. Simeon's baiting Rush was great. Minor quibble - Rush's stampede plan was a bit hokey, but his cold blooded execution was note perfect for the character.
  • Intense, dramatic and overall seeemed very short

Everyone always says the best of something always seems to end the quickest. This is how I felt after this episode.

It was nerve racking watching Eli and Rush handle with their problems and their loss and the whole time I felt the tension between Scott, Grier and Rush flooding from the landscape around them.

This was your typical "Lets go after him and maybe, hopefully, he will accidently die before we are finished.

The acting in this episode was outstanding and each character even on the bridge showed exactly as we would around some one who has suffered such a loss. You could really see how nervous they all were when Eli lost it a little.

For the moment Young is at least playing game with Rush but as we all know the rest of the crew are...well pissed off would be an understatement. You could really sense an air of judgement when Rush first entered the bridge with everyone in.

Overall this episode may not have had the packed storyline we like of aliens attacking destiny etc but it definately had the feeling and the acting and it almost certainly left a lasting impression on me.
  • Are you trying to make me hate you in 1 episode?

Just finished this episode and while I have always been one of the biggest supporters of the show I find this completely ridiculous. God forbid anyone on the show have even a sliver of happiness. I liked Gin and I liked Amanda Perry. I found them to be personable and they added a good vibe to the series. This writing choice makes no sense to me. For a plot point (the Lucian alliance) no one really cares about. Just when I felt the show was getting interesting they killed off characters for the sake to try and make the show overly dark and dramatic when it did not need to be. It already has enough of that. We need balance. Jesus - the powers at be - suck

Had I not really cared about these particular characters it would have been an overall good episode. On the order of an 8