Stargate Universe

Pain

Aired Monday 9:00 PM May 14, 2010 on Syfy

7.2
  • A hostage situation and a possible parasitic epidemic sends Destiny into a paranoid and dangerous spin.

Pain finds the Destiny infected with parasites that cause hallucinations in their hosts, with only limited persons infected.

A dark and enjoyable piece, SGU is the best sci-fi around at the moment.

Exploring our deepest fears and greatest pain, we see the depths that people can go to in extreme situations.

Chloes' time with her father raised a few questions for me - about how long i would try to hide my own infection if i were in her shoes.

The exploration of loss seems the motif of SGU.

Greers' paranoia and his investigation of Camille is fantasticly combined with the Alien hallucinations of Rush - climaxing in a bloody and frightning showdown.

This is the sort of episode you have to watch twice to pick up on everything and to understand what was truely reality.

Overall one of those off-beat eps that you'll either love or hate because it is a stand alone ep and many will find it simply frustrating.

However, it is one of the very few stand alones we're likely to see so just try to enjoy the ride on this one.