Stargate Universe

Pathogen

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Oct 19, 2010 on Syfy

7.7
  • This is my very first review ever in tv.com so bear with me, also English is not my mother tongue. Good episode, could have been a bit better. I somehow felt it lacked a bit of cohesion.

I am excited that the Stargate franchise is finally trying to make a show for grown up sci-fi lovers. Don't get me wrong I liked (most of the time) the SG1 and Atlantis series. But this series has finally made an effort to convey a more realistic and less cartoonish feel about human realationships in a futuristic/alternate world. In this particular episode I liked very much the A plot about Eli and his mother and the strain in the relationship between Camille and her partner. The B plot about how Dr Rush is manipulating Chloe to possibly become his helper (well, more like "a tool") I think was a bit too light... it did not feel intense enough to me. I don't think it was R Carlyle's fault, I think the writing needed a bit more editing... (Mr. Binder were you distracted?)
    The C plot about the guys from the Lucian Alliance not being as straightforward as they claim to be was well done I thought. Although the scene about Johansen going into the quarters of the Lucian main guy to say what had been very clearly expressed in previous scene s was totally redundant. That should have been edited out and another scene about Camille and parter should have been included.
    So we had 3 plots in this episode but actually the one that gives the episode its title became plot B because it was a bit vague.
    I think David Blue stole this episode! Well done!