Stark Raving Mad

NBC (ended 2000)

Stark Raving Mad Fan Reviews (4)

• STARK RAVING MAD is Great Show!

I only saw a few clips from some episodes on YouTube and what I saw is hilarious. To bad this show didn't last longer, but if it did Monk wouldn't have been born! I love Monk! Tony Shalhoub you're the best actor in the world!!!!

The combination between Neal and Tony was too funny! They pretty much feed off each other. Tony can play any kind of role from drama to comedy in a TV show or even in movies. He is a very trained actor.

Plus, it doesn't hurt that Tony is soft on the eyes. Very handsome man! Great Work Tony!
  • Great Show, Funny Premises do not Insure A Great Series

The NBC execs have quite a wierd streak going as they cancel great shows the general public loves and goes wild for in order to try shows that won't stand a chance. We've all seen Working, Unsolved Mysteries, Quantum Leap and the new Dark Shadows go down the pipe. Great shows, loved by whole cults of loyal fans, MURDERED by idiot and blind TV execs working at NBC. Stark Raving Mad was the Odd Couple of the 90s with Tony Shalhoub of Wings (another great show that ended too soon for me) playing a psychotic Stephen King horror writer with Neil Patrick Harris playing a Niles Crane literary agent as his foil and target of abuse. Rounded out with Ed McClintock, Heather Paige Kent and the beautiful Dorie Barton, the show had great scripts, funny jokes and hysterical unpredictable situations; Tony Shalhoub looked as if he was having fun with his Stephen King meets Charlie Manson role, and Harris was his perfect uptight patsy. It was Halloween all year round with this show, and Halloween itself was a little more surreal with this show on the air. The only thing that could possibly ruin this show would be an idiot tv exec with a grudge against a happy viewing public. This show will be sorely missed.
  • Horror writer tortures his wimpy editor.

Both Shaloub and Harris are lovable comic actors on television. I particularly enjoy the aspect of the show where Shaloub\'s character tortures Harris. In my opinion it is the best role that these actors have had on a sitcom. Shaloub\'s character on Wings was funny, but he was merely a bit player.
  • One Season was not Enough

"Stark Raving Mad" was a very funny show that NBC only kept on the air for one year. Hopefully the USA Network will bring it back to life. Stark Raving Mad was a kind of Odd Couple with Tony Shalhoub of Wings playing a psychotic Stephen King type horror writer with Neil Patrick Harris playing his literary agent and target of his abuse. It was a great combo! Tony Shalhoub shows he has great range in characters. He shows no part of his famous Antonio character from Wings. Stark Raving Mad was a hysterical and brilliant show and far better than any other new NBC show that didn‘t get the ax. Stark Raving Mad had a great cast, hilarious plots and good directing, plus it did get good rating. This show could have lasted at least four of five seasons.