Starsky And Hutch

Bloodbath

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jan 01, 1977 on ABC

• A well-written episode with only very small dents

This episode was the first I ever watched of the series, and admittedly dragged me to it, but one of my first thoughts was like "What the hell is this? All those guys in habits acting like they´re on LSD or something...?!" After flipping through it a second time and paying more attention to the fine details of the episode, I think it´s really a well-written plot which drags us into the anxiety and desperation of Hutch searching for Starsky with time slipping through his fingers, although there are a few questions I came to asking myself: How exactly did Simon´s followers kidnap Starsky? How did they know that they´d have a chance of snatching him inside the building because he´d be separated from the others going to the john? How come they could overcome him so easily and got him out of the building without anyone noticing (there was a TV reporter outside all the time!)? But these unanswered questions aren´t able to spoil the episode, and I especially liked the scene where Hutch, Dobey and Huggy are playing with the riddle words of Simon as to where his followers are holding Starsky captive. The closing scene too is one of those scenes which make the series so special and lovable, especially as it´s about Hutch´s beaten-up car... A really good episode to watch, and if it´s your first episode of Starsky and Hutch, you certainly won´t forget it!