Starsky And Hutch Forums

ABC (ended 1979)

Are Scenes Missing From Starsky & Hutch DVD Sets?

mojo7600

[1]Nov 7, 2006
    • level: 2
    I just read a DVD season 3 review from a die hard Starsky & Hutch fan stating that scenes were missing from some of the episodes. Can anyone confirm this? This would be a shame. How incompetent for Sony to sell edited versions of the show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

HarrisonRocks

[2]Nov 9, 2006
    • level: 14
    Yes this is true.  In season 3 episode Quadromania Starsky is posing as a cab driver trying to find a killer who is killing cab drivers after being hit by one.  Starsky unknowingly gets the guy he is looking for in his cab.  The guy attacks Starsky, and he hits Starsky's head on the window of the cab.  In the DVD set Starsky gets attacked, and the next thing you know Starsky falls out of the cab with his head bleeding and the window is crack.  They cut out when the guy hits Starsky's head ageist the window.

mojo7600

[3]Nov 9, 2006
    • level: 2
    Thats terrible that Sony would be so incompetent to allow that to happen. The problem is that people who are putting these classic shows on DVD are completely ignorant when it comes to knowing anything about the shows.

HarrisonRocks

[4]Nov 11, 2006
    • level: 14
    mojo7600 wrote:
    Thats terrible that Sony would be so incompetent to allow that to happen. The problem is that people who are putting these classic shows on DVD are completely ignorant when it comes to knowing anything about the shows.
    I agree. I wish they didn't do that. I buy the DVD set to watch the whole episode. Not to have them cut out some of the episode.

lovetvdvd

[5]Apr 4, 2007
    • level: 1
    when Starsky & Hutch is mitchin. The first that thought that comes to mind is Quadromania episode. Since i was 8 years old and the last time i saw that episode too. It is sad to hear that it was cut down.