Starsky And Hutch

ABC (ended 1979)

Starsky And Hutch Fan Reviews (11)

• Hutch is the practical one, Starsky the funny and impractical... they go together like peanut butter and jelly...

The best show ever! No words to explain!
    Watch Starsky and Hutch! If you do not like this show you have to be insane! hahah.. I love the dry humor that is spread through out the show mixed in with plenty of action and serious plots! These two guys rock.... too bad that they are not real!
    Once again this is the best show ever! You have to either get it at the library or watch it online for free at aol video. Its in the channel axn!
    Watch this show if you watch nothing else. It happens to be the best classic tv show ever!
  • How can I begin to describe one of the best buddy/cop shows on the air in the Seventies.

I looked forward to each episode and hated it when I had to miss it for some reason. The chemistry between David Soul and Paul M. Glaser was superb, with each man giving to his character that special something that can't be duplicated. The blond and the cute, the dark and the handsome, one a thinker, the other a doer, one quiet, one a little bit loud, but both very appealing....Did their best work in a red and white Torino. The show was at it's best when the powers that be let them do their own thing, at it's worst when it tried to comply with those who wanted it to be something it was not...it was not a show about social workers, it was a show about two cops and two men who cared about each other and was at its greatest when it found humor after all the chaos of the evenings episode. It was and is truly one of its kind. I loved it and cherish it as one of my favorite childhood shows.
  • A timeless classic!

Starsky & Hutch is a timeless classic that set the standard for the rest of the "buddy" cop shows that were to follow. David Soul and Paul Michael Glaser made the show and worked harder than most to achieve quality in what they did, and it showed. They were extremely dedicated and gave it their all for the show and the fans. Plus, the stunts and sometimes physical risk they took for the show probably wouldn't even be allowed today. David Soul injured himself in the pilot episode when he bounced on the roof of his car, a decision he made, just to improve the scene! They fought for better scripts and even got into directing some of the episodes. You gotta love those guys!
  • I love this show!

I think Starsky and Hutch has got to be one of the best... if not THE best cop drama around! My mom used to watch them as a teenager and I got hooked when she started watching re-runs of the series on cable tv. I didn\\\'t really know what to expect when I first started watching it and I feared that it would be quite dated... but surpirsingly this just made it appeal to me more, because it was subtle and not in your face, and remarkably amusing. I now own the complete collection and love this show!
  • I would love for this show to come back, but only with the original stars. It was just a great cop show with great actors and writing.

I would love for this show to come back, but only with the original stars. This was a pretty good television series. As is normal with good television shows, this one did not last long enough. This is a show that I would suggest watching if you get the chance. Check the bargain bins at Wal-Mart, the online movies sites (Amazon.com and such) and all of the cable channels that run old shows. Nick at Nite and TV Land are great for theses kind of shows. They will even do a week long spot for shows that only had 6 or so episodes. Then you have your super stations. They run a bunch of old shows too. All in all a pretty good show that did not get a good enough chance. Sometimes it is a simple as the show it is up against. Look at Law & Order. It is one of the longest running shows on TV. They moved it to go up against Lost. After about 2 weeks of getting pounded in the ratings it was moved back to it's original time slot. Shows like this should be given more of an opportunity.
  • Often imitated, but not quite duplicated, I think only Miami Vice came close enough to that distinction.

I have a couple of personal favorites and this has to be my number one! ALL police/cop shows have tried to duplicate the chemistry and entertainment that this show gave for four great seasons. I have all of the dvd's and although there are scenes missing from some of the shows which is not cool, I still enjoy watching each and every episode, with Murder on voodoo island, part I and II being in my top ten. The casting was great all around, as each character was a great "fit" for each actor. All I can say is if you want to hate on this show, you don't have any friends you would die for!!
  • Starsky and Hutch is an action/police/buddy series that aired from 1975 to 1979. Even today this show has a devoted fanbase. Thanks to the DVD's now available, fans can watch Starsky and Hutch anytime they want.

Starsky and Hutch is classic TV.The first season was arguably the best with it's more gritty and action packed episodes. I still love the Torino. There will never be two actors in a series that were so perfectly matched as David Soul and Paul Michael Glaser and the fact that they are still friends today says a lot about the personal feelings they brought to the show. Their personal friendship mirrored that of their on screen characters and because of that, we bought that these guys were that devoted to each other.Great action, great characters, and fun to watch.
  • Great Buddy Show!!

Loved this show when my siblings and I
    Were living in Miami as kids
    At the time and still do
    Even though I saw the movie starring Ben Stiller & Owen Wilson
    The original is still the original
    With Paul Michael Glaster & David Soul
    They will forever be Starsky & Hutch IMO
    No matter what happens as the show will outlive the actors!
    Thanks to syndication and re-runs!!
  • This show was on way before I was born, but I love this show.

Once again my mom has introduced me to another great TV show that she watched when she was younger. This show was about two cops that are partners, Starsky and Hutch. It has action, adventure, drama, friendship, and to me a little bit of comedy. I also find it funny when people mix the two of them up, and they have to say "I'm Hutch. He's Starsky." I guess I would have to say that the episodes "THE FIX" and "COFFIN FOR STARSKY" are my two favorite episodes. The reason that is because it shows how much those two care about each other. In "THE FIX" Starsky takes care of Hutch, and in "COFFIN FOR STARSKY" Hutch races against time to save Starsky. All in all this is the best cop show ever made, and it must be because it was on in 1975 to 1979 and I was born in 1985 and I watch this show way after it was over.
  • A detective show from the 70's about two cops who were also good friends. It lasted four years and was different from other cop shows because of the friendship.

It was my personal favorite because of the close friendship between the two detectives. Not to mention they weren't bad looking. The shows were exciting and showcased their acting abilities. My favorites were Shootout in a Restaurant, Pariah,A Coffin for Starsky and The Fix. I also enjoyed The Plague and Murder at Sea.
  • I loved this show when I was a kid.

This was my all time favorite show when I was a kid. I had a major crush on Hutch. I never missed an episode. I was totally disappointed when they made the movie for this show. I wouldn't go see it if someone paid me. I like the original characters. Those will be the only Starsky and Hutch to me.