Starting Over

(ended 2006)

Solitudine

Starting Over Fan Reviews (38)

• Starting Over was a great show!

Starting Over was a great show, that should have never ended. I would watch this show everyday and I loved every minute of it. I'm very sad that It's no longer on air. I loved everyone's stories and the coaches were great! If I was ever on the show I would have loved to work with Iyanla because she was the best life coach, she was very upfront and real.
  • What did you think of Starting Over?

Starting Over has taught me so much about life just by watching.It was one of my favorite shows because I found it very inspiring. I wish they would bring it back!There were times when I thought about going on the show myself, because I felt that I needed a life transformation, but somehow I managed to do it by myself. Of course, I give alot of credit to the show because I learned so much from the women in the house. Some people say that television has a negative impact on your life,but I thinkit depends on what your watching! Congrats to the women who "started Over" I hope they continue to progress throughout life.I'd like to see a where are they now shjow,because you start to attach to you favorite women in the house and wish nothing but the best for them.
  • One of the most brilliant reality programs!

I really loved this show.
    It was a genuinely exquisite program.

I loved the show from its very begining, with the first six wonderfull women: Andy, Cassie, Maureen, Nyanza, Christine and Lori.
    The Life Coaches, Rhonda Britten and Rana Walker, did a great job with those women. I was very sad when I heard Rana wont be a part of the second season.. I thought she was very good at her job, and it is a shame not to let her be in another season. [and dont get me wrong, I think Iyanla is awesome at her job].

I think this kind of show is very important. It helps not only the women in the house, but the women (and possibely men) all around the world who watches this show.
    I truely belive that everyone can realate to at least one woman staying in the house at every given moment. Everyone cat take some of the things that were on the show, and really learn from them.

The show was very educational, and I fill like I learned from it.
    I saw myself in a lot of different women, in one way or another.

---
    That was an awesome show - and it is an horrific loss now that its OVER :(
  • Why isn\\\'t \\\"Starting Over\\\" on here in Florida? It\\\'s ones of my favorite shows!! What\\\'s going on? NBC has Martha Stewart, then a \\\"news show\\\" afterwords, in Starting Over\\\'s spot.

Why isn\\\'t \\\"Starting Over\\\" on here in Florida?
    afterwords, in Starting Over\\\'s spot.

This is such an interesting show with lessons
    I\\\'ve learned from and used for inspiration in my
    own life. NBC Please Bring it BACK!!!
  • Im wanting to write and asking if you would keep this show on the air I loved every one espisodes of the starting over house it encouraged me a lot I am asking to please keep them on line.

Please what ever it takes to keep them on the air the starting over house what ever I need to help with by getting people to sign their names to a paper to get them to say hey we want this show to stay on the air. im asking if you would please what ever it takes to keep this show on the air to see what happens to other from the show the miracles and what happens to every person after they leave the starting over show and the house I am wanting to see all the reruns from the show please lets keep the starting over house on the tv please
  • All three coaches were outstanding. Dr. Stan gave the male perspective & sensitivity that has never been seen on television. Rhonda what can you say about her except that she was great. Vanzant was there to give them a reality check when it was neede

I have watched this show since it's inception and I cannot believe the show was cancelled. You have no idea how long I have been waiting for the show to come back. I don't understand todays television. All the shows that send a positive message and help individuals on a day to day basis you cancel and you keep the large amount of garbage programs that are out there, that are not sending a positive message to anyone. You have no idea how disappointing this is to the viewers. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only that feels this way.
  • This show is the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel. Thank you for helping me start getting my life in order by watching this show.

I saw advertisements for the second season of this show and watch it religiously. I was lucky enough to find the first season and think it is okay also. I like the idea of a psychologist dealing with the problems as well as the life coaches. Iyanla is the greatest. She is tough but so loving also. This show has shown me some patterns in my own life and what to do about them. I can not thank you enough for sharing this with women and making us think about how we act and react to certain things in our life.
  • very good show, will miss it.

All three coaches were outstanding. Watching the show helped me understand things I did not know about. I really hope they bring back "The Starting Over House", I really miss it a lot. I am still needing help, but can only afford to watch the help I can get on tv. I still have issues that need to be covered, but watching the show helped me out a lot. I wish the producers will bring the show back. It was one show I was really in tuned with. I can relate to most of the woman on the show. I am glad I was able to watch it while it was on.
  • Wow,I have been looking for Starting Over to come back on NBC. I asked my husband "have you seen anything about SO?" So, I decided to google it and found out that it is no longer. I'm so hurt that the network doesn't see what we see. I will trul

Who in their right mind would cancel this show. I learned so much and felt so much of what the women had gone through. I would TVO the show because I'm at work when it is on. When I get home from work, I would watch the show and my husband and son would ask me what I was watching? I would tell them and next thing you know they were sitting with me watching. My husband and I learned so much from what others were going through, because we were going through similar things. Bring back SO.!!!
  • please bring it back. the show has really helped in my life

the show has covered many issues that i have had to deal with in life. i have laughed and i have cried with all of the women. i did not even know i had some the problems i did until i saw my actions in the women and in the eyes of these women. i want to be a better person because of these brave ladies. i don't know if i could have been brave enough to expose my faults and limitations in such an open forum, but have tried to live through the ladies to heal myself. i have also stopped keeping my problems to myself and have finally began receiving professional help. the world needs this show i need this show.
  • I've got to have my daily fix. Wow I want to be in the starting over house.

I think this is the most informative tv show, while still being fun and enjoyable to watch. I learn something almost daily that I can apply to my own life. The story of Alli really inspired me as we are going through similar but different situations. Although I think I should be in the starting over house; that would give them a really big challenge, but I think they could handle it. Some how they always know the right things to do.
  • This show is a influential and a trendsetter, one of my personal favourites.

I watch this show every morning at ten am. We still get it here in Canada at that time. New episodes starting this month. They are going to have couples on for the first group.
    This show is very influential, and helpful. Fans can empathize and relate to the people on the who have the same problems. They can learn how to get help from the life coaches and Dr. Stan J. Katz. I find the life coaches very interesting and informative, Rhonda and Iyanla are very knowledgeable.

I have a few personal favourites who have been on in the past: Kim, Josie, Towanda, Tess, Allison, Bethaney, Denise, Sommer and Cassie. Denise was very funny to watch. I don't mean to laugh at her, she tried to be funny and sarcastic, it was good to watch. Good Luck to them all!
  • Starting Over is about women (and reportedly men) who need help facing the issues and problems in their lives.

I absolutely love this show! Especially season 2 because I can see in little bit of myself in all the women. I like the fact that Rhonda and Iyanla do not let the women get away with anything and they are forced to do things outside of their comfort zone to get them where they need to be. I have a lot of issues in my life and I am seriously considering trying to get on the show. This show is real and I can relate to all the women. It doesn\'t make them crazy, it just makes the admirable for going out and trying to heal their issues.
  • Iyanla Vanzant

Iyanla has a new show on the OWN network, it's called Iyanla fix my life.
  • SO helped me in so many ways. Being a single mother, it gave me strength to know that I could do it, no matter what. I hate to see the show end and I truly hope that someone out there hears our cries and brings it back.

SO was honestly the best show around. I don't know how I'm going to start my mornings now. Please won't someone hear us and bring it back!!??The coaches helped so many women in various areas. Not to mention the men and women they helped out in Tv land. I genuinely hope that all that work wasn't in vein. It would be a terrible thing to let all that hard work go to waste knowing there are so many other women out there that could benefit from such a wonderful experience. I personally drew such strength from the show and the coaches. I found that I could really understand and feel what the women were going through. There was a little bit of all of them in us. Please bring it back.
  • Please bring the show back. I never missed the new shows. If I wasn't able to be home, I recorded it. I am truely sad about the cancellation of this show. It provided real therpy for people who may not have been able to get it otherwise.

I thoroughly enjoyed this show and am so dissapointed that it has been cancelled. I hope you will reconsider and continue production. The end was so abrupt and didn't give the viewers a chance to give their input and support. I have become so fond of the women on the show and the life coaches. Please do a wrap up show and let us know how everyone is doing and where we can continue to see Iyanla, Rhonda and Dr. Stan. They are exceptional and I would love to continue to see them. Also I'd like to have a review of all the women who have been on the show and how they are doing now. I am a little curious as to why the show was cancelled. Can someone answer that question for me?
  • Starting Over is an amazing, inspirational show that should stay on television for years to come.

I've been an avid fan of Starting Over since it began in 2003. I've seen every season, every episode, every tear jerking moment and it always leaves me wanting more.

The life coaches, Rhonda Britten and Iyanla Vanzant, are inspirations not only to the women of the Starting Over house, but to the viewers, to me. It is easy to watch and gain a new life lesson during every episode. Over the course of the show, I've learned things I never knew about myself and I only wish the show would continue to give more women out there the opportunity to do the same.

NBC, bring this show back!
  • I love the show

I love the show and will really love to see it next season. There are women on the show that really need help and other who are a little misguided and loss. With the help of the coaches and the tasks, plus the push of getting the job done make the ending results enjoyable. I love the show so please please put it back on.
  • It's a show about 6 women who come from all walks of life. The come on the show tow change their lives and most of the ladies leave the show having a positive change in their lives.

I think that the show Starting Over is an underappreciated show for many reason. I really feel that people aren’t around during the daytime to watch it and if it was on at night, it would be watched by many more people. The creators want to help people to change their lives for the better. I’ve learned a lot from that show about how events from the past affect you life forever. I feel that if this show doesn’t continue many other women and I will be lost without. I really have been considering want to go on to the show. I think it’s a great resource for women and has provided the ability for women to change their lives.
  • Miss this show during winter months.

I LOVE this show! During the winter I am also in south Florida, Port Charlotte area, and want to know WHY isn\'t Starting Over on TV there? I learn so much from this show! Not all seniors are out jogging every morning.

I think all women can relate at some level to the different stories on Starting Over and learn something from this show to use in our daily life experiences. No matter how successful our lives have been and viewed by friends and family, there are always those private experiences that we hide and keep to ourselves that can be destructive to our well being.
  • This show is perhaps the best show on television !

This show has got to be the best show on television because it depicts REALIFE issues we have every single day. Not made-up or faked...keep it going for years to come!I have DVR on my tv and to make sure I do not miss even one single show, I have this show taped on both tv\'s.
  • Taking some angles from the Real World, and Dr. Phil. A couple of troubled women live in the same house, all counseled by professional therapy trying to rebuild their lives.

This show is not just for women, people, I have
    to say, everyone can learn something from this
    show both men and women. This show is that
    good. It's not played out cheaply for ratings
    like the Real World or other poor reality
    shows. The issues are handled with sensitivity
    and real love.

Ive been a viewer of the show now for a while
    and the current season in Los Angeles (my hometown) is quite entertaining and informative.

Jennifer is the beautiful young woman whose
    dad is in prison. Kim is the other pretty
    lady trying to mend her relationship with her
    sister. Summer is a very emotional lady
    also trying to mend her life.

All I can say is that this is an excellent
    show.
  • I really wish they would have stayed with the original format.It has turned into nothing more than a place for these less than talented women try to start a tv career. I loved the first season, those women had real problems.

I am very disapointed that this show has gone down hill since season one.IN my opinion the women from season one had real problems and recieved the help they needed to move forward.Once they moved to California and started the second season the women and the problems seem to become more shallow.By the time season three started it was all about getting their fifteen minutes of fame.Some of the assinments that where aksed of the house guest never would have been excepted in the earlier houses.ie.(Lisa one dressing up in a baby dress.}I am sorry but, that's when i started to lose respect for the show.
  • Simply put, these women are starting over with their lives. Life coaches make the women do countless exercises and activities to better themselves.

3.3
    For some reason, it reminds me of a cult. I know the women have problems, but it seems like the issues are blown way out of context. And the women believe that they are horrible people because of it! I hardly watch the show, but when I do, I laugh. I laugh because they put a scared girl in a box for 3 hours. I laugh because the women don't want to come home when their families want them to. It's really funny, in my opinion. I think that you really have to be desperate and have an excellent imagination in order to benefit from those exercises. For some, this is reality. For me, it's the most pathetic reality television program ever made. This show should not be wasting daytime television air. Instead, it should be on at like 2 in the morning. It's slightly more entertaining than infomercials about male pattern baldness and non-stick cookware.
    I did not give this show a 0 because it gets some chuckles out of me when I happen to flip through channels and see it.
  • The cancellation of starting over will be a loss for a great many women.

I\'ve watched it since it first aired, yes season 1. If I wasn\'t going to be home I taped it to watch later. I even told friends about it and got them watching it. It has helped me to deal with some things that I couldn\'t face. I don\'t understand why you would cancel a show that is actually helping women. Please bring it back, for those of us that never missed it. Thank you, Linda
  • Everyone who is married or thinking of getting married should have watched Starting Over's Marriage Bootcamp. It is a must see and then it is time to get real with your partner and discuss what is really going on in your relationship.

I absolutely loved Starting Over\'s Marriage Bootcamp! I taped it every day and saw so much of myself and my husband in some of the couples. I really learned alot and we are using the skills that were taught. This was the BEST reality t.v. show out there without a doubt. Iyala, Rhonda and Dr. Stan know their stuff and I loved how they wouldn\\\'t let people get away with anything. If this show is cancelled that would be terrible because we need a show that delves into the tough issues of life and how to deal with it. Troy looked like a new man by the end of the show and each one of the couples were so much better for going through this.
  • Couple's boot camp with Troy and Cheryl, Jaclyn & Michael, etc. I LOVE THIS!!!

I absolutely love this episode. It has mine and my husband's name all over it. I was wondering if there's anyway to get a copy of this segment? I don't have a way to tape it yet, and also didn't start watching it til in the middle of the week it started. But I want in the worst way to show this to my husband. I also want to use some of these methods used in it in a couple's meeting my husband and I attend together. Please let me know if there's any way to obtain a copy of this. I appreciate any help you can give.
    Thanks much
    JB
  • This show has made an enormous difference in my life. I can't wait to get home to watch it each day. Where is it now? I can't find it on the fall schedule! Help!

The personalities of each woman in the house have resonated with me in some way, and I marvel at the exercises created for them. This show matters! My life is better for watching it, and I connect with it personally in so many ways. What an extraordinary show. Dr. Stan, Rhonda and Iyanla are superb at what they do, and in some ways, have become my personal coaches.
  • NBC has set up a Starting over viewer phone number. Please call 1-818-777-0244 to express your continued support of Starting Over

They may not be a 4th season this fall man they will make a bad choice if they do that . Please let Starting Over come back :( I love watching my daytime reality drama. I don't know what I do if Rhonda, D.r Stan and Iyanla are not on. I don't watch any other show but this one.. this show helped me alot since I saw the first season. I learnd alot. If they do cancel it I will miss it alot. I don't think THERE'S NOT going to be a show like this one I dout it. STARTING OVER FAN'S

• It's so real

"Starting over" is the best realty show on tv. It's so real. We see women live together to bond and get help with issues in their lives with the help of 2 life coaches and one male Consulting Psychologist. I have one question about the show. Are the "Starting over" houses rented or owned? In season 1, they were in Chicago, Il. They moved out to LA, CA because of it's better weather. But the house in season 3 is a different one than season 2. Are they going to have a 4th house for season 4? The show is such a big hit. all they really need is one house. What would also be great is a spin-off series that focuses on Men.
< 1 2