Starting Over

(ended 2006)

Solitudine

Starting Over Fan Reviews (38)

• Declined after Season One

Starting Over began as a wonderful concept and Season One was good. However, after the death of Mary-Ellis Bunim, one of it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s co-creators, it rapidly declined, thanks in large part, to the two so-called \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'life coaches\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\', Rhonda Britten and Iyanla Vanzant (formerly known as Rhonda Harris). They\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve basically turned it into an info-mmercial for their own personal gain.

There have been houseguests on the show I felt were genuinely interested in realistic goals but it\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s become evident to me (in the current season especially) the women have used Starting Over as merely a place to take a vacation. The original goals of the women are even difficult to remember for me, and apparently, for THEM. Case in point: Christie Duran - the perfect example of a houseguest intent on gaining fame, glory and monetary benefits simply because she was chosen as a castmember. BTW, Rhonda Britten knew Christie before she was on the show and has used her to promote her book. Very unethical, IMO.

Starting Over typifies the fakeness of all reality shows, IMO, but I was hoping this one might be different. Very disappointed.