Starting Over

Starting Over Farewell

Aired Weekdays 10:00 AM May 24, 2006 on

7.6
  • Six Years Later and Counting!

I'm still mourning the loss of Starting Over. It was a ground-breaking, Emmy award-winning series... so what does NBC do? CANCEL IT! I'm still raging mad and feel powerless. It's just the way I feel about our political system today... Those in charge make selfish, stupid decisions that affect my life and there's little I can do about it. But I'm still here and YELLING!
  • Another UPN Moesha and Eve series finale. I hate those kind of series finales.

1.3
    It's sad to see Starting Over go. Like Moesha and Eve, We were left with a cliffhanger not to be resolved : House mate Niambi did not graduate and complete her Starting Over mission. As she was informed to return next season, there wasn't a next season. I hope she got the "Starting over treatment", As I like to call it off camera. I hope since the show was canceled, Dr. Stan, Iyanla and Rhonda didn't leave her hanging. Anyways, I don't think this show should have ended. It was great. I hope another station like Lifetime will show repeats. It was great seeing just normal women trying to get help on tv.
  • I did'nt get 2 c this show-but I moved 3x during this time,now its gone. I have called NBC -no response & written email-just a general ans. There R shows on now that make no sense,why did they (NBC)do this? WHO's in charge? Not viewers 4 sure! its $$$

5.2
    I wish I had seen the last show-I would have started calling right from the start of the news it was not coming back-I know a lot of people that watch the show-Sorry I missed it. I wonder and hope that NBC will bring it back?-for it was something that touch on each of our lives in someway something for the us to grow and learn from-What a foolish move they made when taking it on the air...there are so many silly and foolish sitcoms on that make no sense. I think they are just there to blind us for moments...Just like the News if you do not dig and read you will never get the truth... TV as of late is nothing great... I have stopped watching it as must and find that life in all its good and bad is better. It happens all the time something that benefits the people and taken away and you are force to see worthless stuff... nothing to grow by and with...something you can apply to one life or a friends life.
  • It is a major mistake to cancel this show. I was just about to send in my own tape to hope to get on the show and hearing it is being canceled has torn me apart. I wish more than anything on this Earth to get the help those two women on that show gave....

• I love \"Starting Over\". It is the highlight of T.V. viewing in our household. I hope it will return in fall \'06? The final episode on May 24, 2006 was inspiring and wonderful.

Starting Over was so unique and so uplifting. It gave real hope to the viewers because they could follow the progress of the women involved in the show. The final episode brought so many women together that had benefitted from the life coaches and the phychologist involved in helping and guiding women to make a new start in their lives and gave them the tools to do so. This program was not only entertaining but so motivational. I kept waiting to hear if it would return in the fall \'06, but I kind of dreaded seeing all the women together because I was afrain that I would not see the program again. It will be more than missed in our house. We feel that we have lost something invaluable.