Static Shock

Army of Darkness

Aired Saturday 9:00 AM Feb 14, 2004 on The WB

• Quite possibly the best episode of Static Shock... Ever?

This episode is fantastic. I watched it for the first time after recording on Sky +, and I seriously regret the fact that I had to delete it from the memory card.
    First off, the art. It was up to usual excellent standards, and then came Nightinggale. Dude, her powers were AWESOME. The wispy effects added to the greatness.
    Second, the dialogue. While a little corny in places, it was fantastic. "You have friends in the shadows." That's cool (even though I probably got that wrong there; I'm paraphrasing!)
    Third, the storyline. I've read about this before and thought "Nah, this'll be well naff", or awful, for those who didn't grow up with a bunch of illiterate boobs for teachers. But it was fantastic! It was, in summary, very well written: I say in summary because I could quite easily rant about this one (for a LONG time).

Yeah, it was just fantabulous. Definitely my favourite episode for the series, thus far (I haven't seen the rest of season 4 yet). Of course, it's closely followed by Future Shock and Jimmy in second place, with Gear in third (just 'cuz it was funny when Talon got decked by Gear). But yeah, awesome episode!!