Static Shock

The WB (ended 2004)

Silver_Sword_14

Static Shock Fan Reviews (72)

• refreshing superhero entertainment

Do not get me wrong. Static Shock is, by no stretch of the imagination, a worthy substitute for Justice League. However, it is a fairly refreshing dose of superhero entertainment. I enjoyed most of the episodes of this show, though it did have a few problems. However, most of these problems were at the beginning. My main beef with the show's start was the lack of decent animation. I also disliked the monotonous turn that the first one or two seasons took. It eventually got to the point where one could predict what would happen. A bad guy is made, Virgil fights the guy and loses one, two, three times, the guy captures one of Virgil's friends or threatens to blow up the town, and Virgil pulls it together and takes the guy out when it counts, having learned some sappy lesson about family in the process. However, the last seasons more than made up for this with killer animation, episodes that had above average plot lines, epic team-ups with other heroes, and a great (if not unfortunate) series finale. Super show, guys.