Stephen King's It

ABC (ended 1990)

Gislef

Stephen King's It Fan Reviews (6)

• This could also be called my "guilty pleasure" of a favorite, but whatever. Read on to hear me gush about this admittedly 'so so' adaptation of a GREAT King novel.

I'm not here to give you a synopsis. I'm here to rave about the film like any other journalist or blogger would.
    Here goes:

I *love love love* the book, but only *love love* the movie. But even so,...
    It is because of this movie that I made my site: http://www.unofficialbenhellerfansite.com/bhhome.html - for the young man who played the young Stan - Ben Heller. But it's not just for the great acting of the then 16 year old Ben Heller that this is one of my all time favorite movies. It's also because of the plot line, the intriguing 'other world' that is created by King (the possibility of a creature reading your mind and taking the shape of stuff you're afraid of is in myths, people!), the acting (mostly by the youngsters in the film), and the great TIM CURRY himself. The cinematography and directing was good enough to creep me out each time someone looked into a sewer or walked around in one. I see sewers these days and I wait to see eyes peering back at me. The music, as well, is another part of the movie that stuck out at me - even after all these years. Richard Bellis was given an award for his score for this for God's sake - *it needs an official soundtrack*! Other than that, I'd say this movie is a classic. It's as close to the book as you can get without getting and R, or even worse - an X, rating and thereby making it nearly 'taboo' to watch. (readers of the book know what I'm talking about) So, though it is only halfway close to the book, watch it with an open mind and you may fall in love with IT as much as I did. After all, it isn't imperically possible to be *the* worst made-for-TV movie ever. I've seen worse. And besides - IT has a lot of fans - trust me - I know. After much debating in my *own* mind, there is a way to make a remake, even if in my own humble opinion, this made-for-TV movie version is as good as it gets and is fine for what it is.