Steven Seagal: Lawman Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on A&EBetween Seasons

Something Doesn't Add Up?

pamhalpert

[1]Dec 23, 2009
    • level: 14

If Steven has been a deputy working those same streets for 20 years straight, then why is EVERYONE suprised to see him? You can tell these people are seeing him for the first time ever, almost like they didn't even know he is deputy, let alone the Reserve Chief.

If a movie star worked as a Police Chief in your town for 20 years, trust me, you would have ran into him at least once during that time.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

phallica

[2]Jan 7, 2010
    • level: 7
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_seagal#Law_enforcement_work

LAURAMARIE63

[3]Jan 27, 2010
    • level: 12

I totally agree with your statement.

freetvdotcomact

[4]Jan 31, 2010
    • level: 1
    Another interesting link about Steven Seagal's murky past:
    http://www.americanmafia.com/Feature_Articles_243.html.

pamhalpert

[5]Feb 3, 2010

I am a faithful listener of The Opie & Anthony Radio Show. A few weeks ago, a New Orleans Police Detective called the radio show and said that Steven is a joke, and even the people on his team think so.

The story is that 20 years ago, the Chief of Police invited him to teach self defense, and then decided to make him an "Honorary Deputy". In the state of Louisianna, you can become an Honorary Deputy if the Chief approves it, AND you pass the firearms qualifications course. I guess it is public knowledge that Seagull took 4 attempts to pass it.

Also, the reason he is always in an unmarked suv is because an "Honorary Deputy" is not permitted to drive a marked police car.

I love the show, and I'm not trying to be negative. I just thought these facts were interesting. The New Orleans Detective that called and gave all this info was for real. The Detective even gave his name.

dennisramaekers

[6]Aug 12, 2010
    • level: 5

The show is good, but you are right that it's pretty obvious he's not a normal sight in these area's.
    What would make the show better, was if they didn't all pretend that Seagal has been doing this for years. He's an honorary deputy, passed the tests eventually, and now he uses this, his talents, and his celebrity status, to show you a little bit of how things run around that town.
    Honesty would work better for him then acting, in this case.

Plus, the word Zen should be limited to once per show, together with all his other repeating phrases about his training.

pamhalpert

[7]Sep 24, 2010
    dennisramaekers wrote:

The show is good, but you are right that it's pretty obvious he's not a normal sight in these area's.
    What would make the show better, was if they didn't all pretend that Seagal has been doing this for years. He's an honorary deputy, passed the tests eventually, and now he uses this, his talents, and his celebrity status, to show you a little bit of how things run around that town.
    Honesty would work better for him then acting, in this case.

Plus, the word Zen should be limited to once per show, together with all his other repeating phrases about his training.

Thank you so much!!. I have said the same thing since episode 1. Which is if he says Zen one more time, I was going to throw my remote through my tv!!!!!!!