Steven Seagal: Lawman

Wednesday 10:00 PM on A&E Premiered Dec 02, 2009 Between Seasons

Steven Seagal: Lawman Fan Reviews (6)

5.4
  • Kind of like Cops with Seagal.

I never was a fan of the show "COPS" in fact, I wouldn't have bothered to watch the early online premier of this show either if it didn't have Steven Seagal in it. I've been of fan of his for several years now and I have seen nearly all of his movies, including such horrible efforts as "Attack Force" and "Submerged." But to be fair, some of his recent movie efforts have been decent: "Flight of Fury" and "Black Dawn" were okay. Anyway, I didn't expect much from this premier and you shouldn't either. It's basically a drier form of COPS with some Seagal quotes thrown in. In the first episode there is a side story where he helps one of his partners pass the shooting qualifications by teaching him martial arts techniques of breathing and focus so that the partner can keep the gun more steady when he shoots. Although it is pretty cheesy, if the show has any chance for success or at least uniqueness it is on this front I think. However, at this point it is hard to imagine where they will go with this show. If it is just going to be Seagal riding around in his cruiser eatin' donuts, I don't think it will make it past the first season. What I think they need to do with the show is have it more about Seagal's life. He is an interesting character, so if he were to open up about his personal life more on this show, I think people will tune in. In other words, the "cop stuff" should just be the backdrop to a reality show that is more about Steven.