Still Standing Forums

CBS (ended 2006)

Meanest Thing Bill & Judy Did to, Said to, or About Their Kids

LaurenPLight18

[1]Sep 14, 2008
    • level: 4

Lolz! I'm just curious what you people think. There were times when Bill & Judy were mean to the kids, not discipline mean, but I mean, insulting. Lolz, what do you think was their meanest moment with the kids?

I thought it was when they told Luaren to shut up when she was singing beautifully. That was harsh. Lolz. And, when they refused to go to her choir concert. Awwww...poor Lauren! I'd be devistated if my mom did that to me!

What do you guys think? It's not a bashing topic. I'm just asking for your opinions.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sweeeaaaterrr

[2]Sep 14, 2008
    • level: 15

Good topic!

I didn't like that either I mean what kinda parent refuses to go to their own daughter's choir concert? Ooouch!

It's supposed to make the show funny but some of the things they do to the kids aren't funny. Some are. Some aren't.

cbminfo

[3]Sep 14, 2008
    • level: 3
    LaurenPLight18 wrote:

Lolz! I'm just curious what you people think. There were times when Bill & Judy were mean to the kids, not discipline mean, but I mean, insulting. Lolz, what do you think was their meanest moment with the kids?

I thought it was when they told Luaren to shut up when she was singing beautifully. That was harsh. Lolz. And, when they refused to go to her choir concert. Awwww...poor Lauren!

Lauren's concert ???? Only concert she did was that 'I'm lousy, Clarinet' recital.
    I'd say the time when they both ganged up on Lauren in the Pilot to tell her 'NO!' when she tried 3 times to tell them why she needed a belly button ring. Well she's 19 now. On her 18th birthday, Renee finally got her belly button piercing.

Constant references to Brian being gay.
    But, the entire family was like that with each other.
    Brian, Lauren telling Bill and Judy they had other Role models. Brian's was a guy at a book store, and Laurens was the school librarian. How weird is that Lauren & a Librarian ? Brian making Lauren his slave after she treated him like trash to pick her up at the frat party.
    Bill making both of them his slave to keep both their secrets.
    Turn about, kids using the Karaoke player to blackmail Bill out of their slavery.
    And Tina.. She was just a smaller version of Wednesday from the Addams family.
    ie: Her scaring Linda CONSTANTLY. Neither Bill or Lauren wanted to get on Tina's bad side.
    Imaginary friend loosened the OJ cap to spray all over Lauren, Put Laurens sun glasses under her when she sat down...

But it's what made the show work, AND wind up in syndication NEVER reaching the magic number [100 shows] to go into syndication.

All this cause I'm guessing I'm the biggest fan of the show. I think I've seen all the episodes at least 5 times. It's going on it's next round of repeats now. I'll really miss this show when it goes off.

dancingbeatle

[5]Sep 6, 2009
    • level: 45
    Just off the top of my head. The episode where they thought Lauren had stolen an MP3 player, and made her given it back to "Crazy Jack" Only to later find out that Brian had bought the gift for Lauren's birthday. They did apologize for that. The episode where Bill and Judy ruined Brian's Weird Al ticket's to trick their friends Daniel and Marianne to get their tickets to Ac/Dc or something. Brian did get them back for that one.

txgirl75

[6]Feb 12, 2011
    • level: 23
    cbminfo wrote:
    LaurenPLight18 wrote:

I thought it was when they told Luaren to shut up when she was singing beautifully. That was harsh. Lolz. And, when they refused to go to her choir concert. Awwww...poor Lauren!

Lauren's concert ???? Only concert she did was that 'I'm lousy, Clarinet' recital.
    I'd say the time when they both ganged up on Lauren in the Pilot to tell her 'NO!' when she tried 3 times to tell them why she needed a belly button ring. Well she's 19 now. On her 18th birthday, Renee finally got her belly button piercing.

Constant references to Brian being gay.
    But, the entire family was like that with each other.
    Brian, Lauren telling Bill and Judy they had other Role models. Brian's was a guy at a book store, and Laurens was the school librarian. How weird is that Lauren & a Librarian ? Brian making Lauren his slave after she treated him like trash to pick her up at the frat party.
    Bill making both of them his slave to keep both their secrets.
    Turn about, kids using the Karaoke player to blackmail Bill out of their slavery.
    And Tina.. She was just a smaller version of Wednesday from the Addams family.
    ie: Her scaring Linda CONSTANTLY. Neither Bill or Lauren wanted to get on Tina's bad side.
    Imaginary friend loosened the OJ cap to spray all over Lauren, Put Laurens sun glasses under her when she sat down...

But it's what made the show work, AND wind up in syndication NEVER reaching the magic number [100 shows] to go into syndication.

All this cause I'm guessing I'm the biggest fan of the show. I think I've seen all the episodes at least 5 times. It's going on it's next round of repeats now. I'll really miss this show when it goes off.
    I never get tireed of this show either so funny. CBS once had great shows..