Still Standing

CBS (ended 2006)

Still Standing Fan Reviews (98)

• Married with children meets King Of queens

Please. Stupid show - got what it deserved - cancelled! Fat guys, ugly wives spawns Mike and Molly...
  • I don't like this show.

Sorry, but I can't stand Still Standing. I find the humor unoriginal and rather predictable. The characters are just so generic and the "humor" on the show seems so forced and expected. They do have some decent actors and actresses, but aside from that, the show just makes me bored. I know that some people think the show is underrated, but in my opinion, the show is just mediocre. I understand why it only lasted 4 seasons and that it wasn't very popular in the ratings. I think people just thought that it wasn't anything special and was just there because it was there. If you were to ask people on the street what they thought about Still Standing, they would say they never heard of it. Thank you.
  • Basically a re-working of According to Jim

Let's compare Still Standing and According to Jim:

Still Standing: Set in Chicago
    According to Jim: Set in Chicago

Still Standing: Husband is a fat slob.
    According to Jim: Husband is a fat slob.

Still Standing: Wife is hot.
    According to Jim: Wife is hot.

Still Standing: Three obnoxious kids.
    According to Jim: Three obnoxious kids.

Still Standing: Neurotic sister-in-law.
    According to Jim: Neurotic sister-in-law.

Still Standing: No doofus brother-in-law.
    According to Jim: Doofus brother-in-law.

As you can see the only difference between the two shows is that there's no doofus brother-in-law on the premises of Still Standing. Otherwise, the two shows are carbon copies of the other. Why in the world would CBS want to copy a monument to mediocrity like According to Jim? Not that they improved things. Still Standing makes According to Jim look great by comparison. That it's lasted as long as it has is one of the great mysteries on television today. The creators copied a mediocre show and made money by doing so. Once again the American TV viewing public is made to look foolish because they keep watching this drivel.
  • horrible sickcom

1.8
    this is a horrible sick com that never makes me laugh. The family is stupid and pathetic. The plot for all the episodes suck and all the characters are non likable. This show has never made me laugh. Even time i watch it i barf because its that bad. I'm glad that this show is over and i hope nobody watches it because if they do then they are wasting there life. I hate sickcoms like this. They try way too hard to be funny and even when they come up with a slightly funny joke they butcher it. I hate this show
  • How is this show "Still Standing"....?

2.6
    Horribly predictable and unoriginal, "Still Standing's" jokes fall completely flat, and it relies on every tired family TV sitcom cliché out there: the slow-witted somewhat overweight husband, the hot wife, the moody teenage daughter, and the nerdy son. This show is one of the reasons the traditional sitcom is dying.

I might also add that "Still Standing" is a complete waste of Jami Gertz and Mark Addy's talent. I've always liked these two actors in their multiple film roles, but cringe anytime each of them delivers a tiring line in this show.

To the viewers, recommendation.... Turn this drivel off, and try a classic family sitcom, like "The Dick Van Dyke Show" or "Everybody Loves Raymond", or something with more wit and originality like "Arrested Development" or "Scrubs". "Still Standing" is a waste of precious airtime.

• A show that, despite sometimes humorous moments, never rises among mediocrity.

Since Lifetime started airing Reba and Still Standing, I've been stuck watching both series on an almost daily basis. Still Standing is a show about a "blue collar" family. The main problem with the show is that it doesn't really do anything different. In fact, the whole concept of the "Blue Comedy Family" hasn't really been innovated since Roseanne, and frankly, and no show has really been able to capture the "blue collar" family better than Roseanne did during it's first few seasons. Not that Still Standing is a horrible show. It has some close to laugh-out-loud moments and the acting is much more solid than other shows, such as Reba, the only real weak link in the acting department is Taylor Ball as Brian, in episode where he was supposed to be legitimately angry, he really just stared ahead and yelled. I won't mention Soleil Borda, who plays Tina, since most children hired to be the "baby" of the family are there for cuteness, other than their acting chops. The best part of the series has to be Jami Gertz, as Judy, the matriarch of the family. She's able to do the most with what she's given, and is part of the funnier parts of the series. Mark Addy does a fine job as well, but the character of Bill never really rises among the stereotypical "Bumbling, lazy father" character. And the character of the aunt, despite some decent acting, feels too much like Jackie from Roseanne. Overall, Still Standing is better than some of the typical family sitcoms out there, but the main problem is that for the most part, it's unoriginal. Far better than Reba, though, that show sucks.
  • I miss it...shouldn't have been cancelled by season 4

I miss this show, but I see it every now and then on Peachtree TV I think. I miss the cast, even though only Bill and Judy had the real chemistry going, it was sort of good to see everyone fit in as well. I love how Bill's always trying to get Brian to become manlier, and it just isn't working out. And Lauren is kinda spoiled because she's the popular one at school. My favourite characters are Bill and Judy because they just complement each other so well. Linda's great too, even though she gets rejected a lot. I would've like to see the show go on for a couple more seasons since they were just getting it all together by season 4.
  • What an awesome, hilarious show. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys watching family life at home.

WOW. WHAT A SHOW! I just love it so much. It is another family show that is about a wife and husband that have three kids and live together in a house. Bill and Judy and their three kids Brian, Lauren, and Tina. It's very similar to My Wife and Kids and 8 Simple Rules. Each episode is full of fresh humor and hilarity that makes me laugh in literally almost every single spoken word in literally almost every single character line. It's just freaking hysterical. After something is said, I laugh so hard that I can't forget about it and sometimes have to put the show on pause so I don't miss anything that's coming after that. Oh boy. This show is full of fun and surprises that will keep you coming back for more every time. It expresses quintessence of the typical family life at home, and shows viewers what it is like to have a family and how hard it is to raise kids. Some kids may even be able to relate the things that happen on the show to things that happen in their own lives at home. There are some episodes that are hard to understand and you sometimes have to pause it to think about what the heck they are talking about, what the heck they mean, and what the heck just happened. But that rarely happens. There are some episodes every here and there and every now and then that are boring and make you not want to watch because of that, but again this rarely happens. This show is the purest, most perfect example of family life at home and the kind of crazy situations that happen with kids. Not every episode is focused around the kids. Some episodes leave the kids completely out of it and have the adults dealing with their own problems. I like it better when the kids are involved and the very few episodes that are boring are always the ones that leave out the kids. I'm not saying all the episodes that leave out the kids and deal more with the adults are boring. A lot of them are actually as great and fun to watch as the ones that involve things with the kids. I'm just saying that the very few boring episodes are only ones that involve adults and not the kids. But there are absolutely no episodes involving the kids that are boring. I would say about 90 percent of this series involves situations with the kids, and only about 10 percent of this series leaves the kids out and deals more with the adults.

I just love the theme song. It is fun to listen to every time and is soothing to the ears. It makes you very happy and puts you into a very good mood. It brings you joy. It has the perfect melody and tune. It happens at just the right time in every episode after one character says the perfect thing that is so hilarious to hear. It goes with the flow of things in the show and just works out to be great. Regardless, this is still an awesome show in terms of episodes altogether, and I was glad to finally see another classic, light-hearted, hilarious family show that I could once again enjoy watching. It is funny and makes you laugh when you are angry, depressed, or stressed out. It can help you forget about everything that is on your mind and just relax and chill out. Even when you are feeling fine, normal, and happy, it is still funny, makes you laugh, and is something that you can enjoy and look forward to seeing.
  • It was funny why hasn't it been syndicated

Decent show almost always funny. Mark Addy plays lazy american to the T. I hope to see it somewhere in syndication soon. CBS cancelled some decent shows like this one and yes dear and aside from Th New Adventure of Old Christine have not replaced the funny. I know people like how I met your mother but Im not one of those people. I guess I will keep watching two and a half men and christine until the network wises up.. .. .. .. .. .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • What started as a funny interesting sitcom is spiralling into a dud.

When this show started, it was fantastic. A Sitcom like the Cosby Show but with a twist. The parents have done it all and good luck to the kids in getting away with anything. They were good people bringing up their family with the knowledge of the funny/dark side.

It was very witty and the cast really worked well together.

Unfortunately as each episode goes by, the parents are being turned into terrible people who would hurt anyone they could as its their nature. Its become a poor version of the BBC show Absolutely Fabulous (which perfected the mature child and childish parent and was exceptionally funny - yet kept some morale ground).

The cast itself is quite good. The only question is Jennifer Irwin, but it seems more like a writer/director issue, then her acting ability.

While its failing and dying, it is still funny. As well, there's no question you have enough beautiful females on the show to make most males pretty happy (of any age).

What started as a great show, is spiralling downwards, and will die.
  • Quite funny

It may not be as good as other comedies but at least it has some laguhs in it. The character Mark Addy plays " Bill Miller" is the funiest. I think this show deservers to have another season. They should try and write the script better to and make is more intresting.
  • A fairly traditional family sitcom

This show is about as traditional as it comes, but then again, it's a family sitcom. The genre is not really known for its inventive or innovative nature. Still the show makes me laugh. The cast is pretty strong and the writing is fairly good. On the other hand, it is all tried and true territory. An interesting thing this show does do is that it deals with the role reversal between parent and child much more often than most family sitcoms. This show usually pulls a couple laughs out of me. Not the best show, but certainly not the worst.
  • This was a great show that CBS unfairly canceled. It had better storytelling(although not great) than the other comedy's on CBS today. It should have got a fifth season. It should have been given a better chance.

Still Standing was a great show. That CBS unfairly canceled. This show is definitely better then most comedy on, oh who am I kidding, is better than all comedy's on TV currently. Although I did find it corny at times and storytelling wasn't the best. The show is about Bill and Judy, two less than great parents, raising Brian, Lorene and, Tina. Of course with regularly appearance by Judy's sister, let's just say doesn't have the best relationship with Bill. As both typically crack jokes at each other. Brian is the oldest of the kids and the smartest of the family. Which at times is quite amusing. Lorene a teenage girl I guess and Tina is pretty much a little Bill. Linda is pathetic. Fitz is also a big reacurring role character. Who is friends with Bill and at points Judy, I guess. Their are very memorable moments from the series. One of my favorites is the episode Judy keeps on attacking Bill's mother (not on purpose) and when their at the hospital. Bill tells Judy that she is just like his mother and then suddenly realizes that he married his mother. Who he regularly tries to avoid. Although I'm not the biggest fans of Lorene and Tina (especially Tina), they have both provided some great episodes. I'd rather have a new season of this then Two and a Half Men, The New Adventures of Old Christine and pretty much every CBS show that ain't Big Bang Theory and How I met Your Mother combine having a new show. Still Standing > CBS.
  • Just discovered this show

I'm working on my PC and had ABC Family on in the background. Not many shows can make me stop what I am doing and really have a good laugh. This show provided many of those moments. I have never seen a single episode of this show until now. And after watching 2 in a row, I am looking forward to watching many more.
  • Still Standing is a great show!

Still Standing is about two parents who don't really care about their children. Which is funny in my opinion I don't know why it ended after 4 seasons, but I guess that is what TV is like now got to do good or your out. Still Standing first aired on September 30, 2002 and last aired on March 8, 2006.
    Bill and Judy were popular hig school students but still do that wild-side in their middle ages. Brian is a oposite of Bill he is smart and not lazy like bill. Lauren is not as smart and follows the footsteps of Judy. Tina the smallest child can be very lovable to their parents still, but can annoy them. Still Standing is a good show to watch. I rate this show 8.8
  • Loved this show, Very underrated, there are not enough quality sitcoms on the air anymore, and this to me was a great one, wish they had more than 4 seasons, will be looking for the dvd's when they come out.

Bill and Judy are a middle class couple who are former high school sweethearts, they are rasing three childern, Lauren, the oldest daughter is your typical teenage girl, seems to be an average student who worries about boys and her parents embarresing her, which Bill seems to do often, Brian, the only son, is a straight A student who would rather go to AV club or twirl a baton that play sports, and although Bill loves him he lets it be known that he would like if brian spent more time chasing girls and playing sports rather than playing video games, then there is the youngest Tina, who seems to manipulate everyone in the house even though she is not even 10 years old. Both parents try to keep the kids from doing the things they did as high school students while still trying to stay as youthful as they can themselves.
  • Still Standing is hilarious! I wish they would bring it back. Prime-time hasn\\\'t had something this funny in a long, long time.

I cannot believe that CBS pulled the plug on this show. I haven\\\'t laughed out loud watching a prime-time show in a long, long time. It was nice to have a show that the entire family could watch and enjoy. The only disappointment and/or criticism I have is Sally Struthers as Bill\\\'s mother. I think the role could have worked a lot better with someone else. The character was supposed to be annoying, but Ms. Struthers wasn\\\'t able to pull it off. She came across as someone trying to act like someone who is annoying. Regardless, I am still a fan and greatly disappointed in CBS for dropping this program.
  • This show should really be brought back!!! If not for a full season, but atleast for a reunion! It was totally hilarious!!!

This show is definitely worth a second chance!
    For it reflected so many issues in life....with out diverting from its genre --- comedy. For it was absolutely funny.

The Miller family is definitely a family that will be forever remembered on television.

This show basically surrounded the life of two high school sweethearts and their three kids...added to that a sister-in-law, mother-in-law and a father-in-law, and you've got yourself a very full crazy house.

The best thing about the Miller's, is that they faced every day issues and problems, but at the end of the day, they were still family and still loved each other.
    As their theme song goes: "...i'm still in love with you today, cause you make me happy..."
  • compared to alot of modern sitcoms out today this one is pretty funny

compared to alot of modern sitcoms out today this one is pretty funny it has your basic parents that arent really very good at all and three kids one a very smart kid but kind of a pansy the other an angsty teenage girl livin with the " troubles of being a teenager" and one little gierl who is sometimes annoying but smarter than all of them combined and also a ditsy aunt that always comes in and annoys them all, the basic plot for a basic modern sitcoom only this one uses that plot and makes into a uniquely funny result
  • Underrated Show

I loved this show when it was on. I lost interest in the 3rd season because I was currently hooked in video games. Lifetime has bought the syndication rights so I'm able to watch it a few times a day. I wish they would release the DVD's, but it doesn't look like a show that would do that. This show was really funny and it was something the whole family could enjoy. Too bad they cancelled it, but 88 episodes is good enough. This show wasn't really popular, but it surprisingly has a 8.7 on this site which is really good.
  • A very fun show.

One of the typical fat-guy-pretty-wife shows that are so popular these days. One thing this show has going for it is that both the wife and the husband are rotton parrents, which is refreshing.

If you like this show better than According to Jim and King of Queens, but not a lot better.
  • A show that I've just gotten into

I didn't watch this all the way from the beginning, so the first time I saw it I didn't understand it well. But the more I watched it, the better it got. I find this show to be about a typical couple who have problems with their kids, jobs, and other things like that. I really like this show and I hope to watch all the episodes someday. I forgot to mention it's very funny and all the fake laughter in the background is actually meant for something this time. This is a show that is not worth missing for anything!
  • Still Standing is a very good show that doesn't always shove morals at you.

This is a very good show, and it was very original. (Until The War at Home copied it) It is about a family with inattentive parents who aren't very good rule models. They have three children, blah, blah, blah....

Basically it's a not-so-sitcommy sitcom. They act like real people (although they are a little tooo "real"). It doesn't have "perfect" parents, and it is a very funny show. Unlike a lot of shows where the father is lazy/dumb and the mom is super-mom (Simpsons, Family Guy, etc.) They are both lazy parents who manage to get by...

I give this show a very good rating, and I'm very dissapointed to see that it won't be returning this year. (Although last season ended well, with Brian leaving for college)
  • Let's start with the biggest reason why this show is so bad.

The actors chosen for the characters in this show were horribly miscast, and therefore, their performances are very unbelievable. Addy does a terrible job of trying to cover up his British accent with a fake Brooklyn accent. When the casting director was originally considering Addy for this role, did they happen to stumble upon the awful job he did as Fred Flintstone in The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas? Gertz is a good actress, but she cannot convincingly pull off blue-collar.

The writing is bad in this show too. When Bill is giving his son Brian advice on how to talk to girls, he asks him if he wanted to be in the �wanna-touch-a-boobie club. That line actually sounded funnier coming from my friend who happen to get a chance to preview the scene before it aired then when I actually saw the scene. I'd give you more examples, but I gave up on the show after the second episode.

JUST KIDDING!!! I actually really like this show.
  • We miss still standing, yes dear, according to jim, took off these good family fun sitcoms to add reality tv crap..

The TV producers droped the ball on this one, Still Standing was a terrific show, you can see by the coments is missed by a lot of viewers as is Yes Dear, According to Jim, all great shows....
    Too much reality crap on tv now...
    Why did these shows go off air?
    They aparently had a lot of followers...
    Where have all the characters gone, what are they doing now. Especially liked the kids...they were cute and funny. Too late to bring these shows back now, i watch reruns of raymond, according to jim, yes dear, and try to find the dvde's of still standing...
  • Hilarious family show with adult content. It's brilliant!

Sill Standing is one of my favorites. Every episode is down right hilarious and keeps you laughing even if you've seen that episode a thousand times before. It's not like a regular family comedy. Bill and Just are two not so responsible young parents living in Chicago with their three kids. Brian the oldest is a smart ready for the future kid. Lauren is a fun loving teenage girl who is always wanting more privacy. And Tina is a sassy toddler with the mouth of an teenager. While living a hectic life in their small household, they also have trouble dealing with their intruding Aunt Linda who can't stay in a stable relationship. As If that wasn't enough, they also have an annoying manipulative grandmother who never seems to stop controlling. I recomend this show to anybody who wants a great laugh.
  • So funny!

I adore this show so much! Bill and Judy Miller have three children, Brian, Lauren, and Tina. They also have Judy's sister, Linda, always hanging around the house and driving them crazy at times, but I think they still love her very much. Brian is the oldest out of the three siblings. He's considered the nerd in the family and at school. In my opinion, he is not a nerd. He's a success. Lauren is the oldest daughter. She's the popular sibling in high school. At times, she's a little ditzy, but I still think she's a smart girl. Tina is the youngest sibling. Aww, she is adorable and so funny. She gets very sassy and silly, and she just makes me giggle. Bill and Judy have to get on as a couple and as parents. Sometimes, I don't really like the way they talk about their own children behind their backs. I don't think it's very nice to pick on your child. They make fun of Brian and call him the nerd. Sometimes, they act like they don't really care when their children are upset about something. It can be very funny at times, but other times, it makes me sad. I don't feel that way about my children. Still, this show always puts a smile on my face, and I don't know why it didn't get the recognition it deserved. I would've loved to see a 5th season where Lauren turns 18, graduates high school, and leaves home. I don't think they'll be doing another season of this show, but if they do, I will definitely tune in. If they do a movie, I'll watch that as well. I would love to know where the kids end up when they're all grown up. This was a wonderful show!
  • It's a good show. I mainly watch it because it seems like a good family comedy. It's within the line up of Reba.

I like the theme song as well as the show itself. This is a good show. I like all the characters. There's something to like in all. Brian is a cute guy who is in high school and kinda acts homosexual. Lauren is their oldest daughter and she is very pretty and funny as well. Judy is the "milf" of the show. She is like a mom in a minivan type with the thongs and wet dreams of the other guys starring at her. The dad Bill is like a real life Peter Griffin/Homer Simpson. The little girl Tina isn't that funny, but she's the cutest because she's the baby of the family. Watch it if you have the time.
  • Its show about two untalented but still loving parents for their three childern with two teenagers and one young kid. The wifes sister makes appearnces and tries to fight depression by having boy friend after boy friend.

This show had its very memorable moments, you felt connected with every characther in the show. You had Bill, the husband and provider of the family but hes lazy as hell and will do anything to get out of work. You have the hot wife Judy who cleans up for Bill's messes. You have Brian the nerdy teenager who tries so hard for realationships to happen and sometimes they do sometimes they don't. Then you got Lauren who doesn't respect her parents what so ever. Tina the little kid of the show disrespects her parents even more than Lauren. Then you got Linda who keeps a good spirit even though she has a bad life. All the characthers just clicked.
  • two parents are trying to raise their children in a good way far away the way they were raised..

i don't know why this show is not popular as the other shows...i really really like it and i think it has everything to make u happy..the family has all type of the personality , the father is a jerk :) but in a funny way..the mother is hard to catch and she's the one who is controlling the house..the eldest son is the cleverest in the house..the younger daughter is not that clever and she doesn't know what to do..and the youngest daughter is the one who spies and knows everything in the house...who that u will like it
< 1 2 3 4