Still Standing

CBS (ended 2006)

Still Standing Fan Reviews (98)

• One of the best sitcoms.

This remains one of my all time favorite sitcoms and for good reason. Each character is well done.

Bill is a chubby, lazy dad, similar to Homer Simpson, but not that lazy and was even trying to prove he could do stuff in one episode.

Judy has to be the funniest sitcom mom ever, sometimes going against Bill's schemes but then joins in and acts like she's still in high school, breaking the responsible mom formula found in most sitcoms.

Brian, is the most responsible member of the household, which often makes him the joke of the family, yet both Bill and Judy have admitted they would depend on Brian's success.

Lauren is the middle child of the family, suffering teenage drama, yet also showing almost zero effort in high school studies.

Tina, the youngest, is the second smartest of the children and often has better schemes and is considered quite creepy.

I love how Bill makes fun of Linda's love life.

I loved this sitcom so much that during its ABC Family run, I would get extremely angry when ABC Family would run a marathon of one of its dramas especially considering the fact that I'm not a big fan of dramas. I miss this show.
  • Married with children meets King Of queens

Please. Stupid show - got what it deserved - cancelled! Fat guys, ugly wives spawns Mike and Molly...
  • Love it Where it is on TV??

I love this show. I can't find it on DVD anywhere. Jamie Gertz is good in Undercover

Christmas. Help please to find the tv channel to watch old episodes.
  • Wow! Seriously, this show is NOT popular?

I don't understand how "funny" shows are not popular and don't last so long while "stupid" shows are on the air for decades. This is the most underrated, under-appreciated show I have seen EVER.

Honestly, every episode will make you laugh. It is very rare to find a show where the characters are weaved in perfectly with one another, the writing is smart (if a little lame sometimes, that's fine) and the laughs are just unexpected.

Seriously, Two And A Half Men is funnier this? Wow. Some people just don't understand entertainment.
  • Just discovered this show

I'm working on my PC and had ABC Family on in the background. Not many shows can make me stop what I am doing and really have a good laugh. This show provided many of those moments. I have never seen a single episode of this show until now. And after watching 2 in a row, I am looking forward to watching many more.
  • Very Funny Show

I love this show. It is funny witty and the cast has great chemistry.
  • What an awesome, hilarious show. I highly recommend it to anyone who enjoys watching family life at home.

WOW. WHAT A SHOW! I just love it so much. It is another family show that is about a wife and husband that have three kids and live together in a house. Bill and Judy and their three kids Brian, Lauren, and Tina. It's very similar to My Wife and Kids and 8 Simple Rules. Each episode is full of fresh humor and hilarity that makes me laugh in literally almost every single spoken word in literally almost every single character line. It's just freaking hysterical. After something is said, I laugh so hard that I can't forget about it and sometimes have to put the show on pause so I don't miss anything that's coming after that. Oh boy. This show is full of fun and surprises that will keep you coming back for more every time. It expresses quintessence of the typical family life at home, and shows viewers what it is like to have a family and how hard it is to raise kids. Some kids may even be able to relate the things that happen on the show to things that happen in their own lives at home. There are some episodes that are hard to understand and you sometimes have to pause it to think about what the heck they are talking about, what the heck they mean, and what the heck just happened. But that rarely happens. There are some episodes every here and there and every now and then that are boring and make you not want to watch because of that, but again this rarely happens. This show is the purest, most perfect example of family life at home and the kind of crazy situations that happen with kids. Not every episode is focused around the kids. Some episodes leave the kids completely out of it and have the adults dealing with their own problems. I like it better when the kids are involved and the very few episodes that are boring are always the ones that leave out the kids. I'm not saying all the episodes that leave out the kids and deal more with the adults are boring. A lot of them are actually as great and fun to watch as the ones that involve things with the kids. I'm just saying that the very few boring episodes are only ones that involve adults and not the kids. But there are absolutely no episodes involving the kids that are boring. I would say about 90 percent of this series involves situations with the kids, and only about 10 percent of this series leaves the kids out and deals more with the adults.

I just love the theme song. It is fun to listen to every time and is soothing to the ears. It makes you very happy and puts you into a very good mood. It brings you joy. It has the perfect melody and tune. It happens at just the right time in every episode after one character says the perfect thing that is so hilarious to hear. It goes with the flow of things in the show and just works out to be great. Regardless, this is still an awesome show in terms of episodes altogether, and I was glad to finally see another classic, light-hearted, hilarious family show that I could once again enjoy watching. It is funny and makes you laugh when you are angry, depressed, or stressed out. It can help you forget about everything that is on your mind and just relax and chill out. Even when you are feeling fine, normal, and happy, it is still funny, makes you laugh, and is something that you can enjoy and look forward to seeing.
  • How is this show "Still Standing"....?

2.6
    Horribly predictable and unoriginal, "Still Standing's" jokes fall completely flat, and it relies on every tired family TV sitcom cliché out there: the slow-witted somewhat overweight husband, the hot wife, the moody teenage daughter, and the nerdy son. This show is one of the reasons the traditional sitcom is dying.

I might also add that "Still Standing" is a complete waste of Jami Gertz and Mark Addy's talent. I've always liked these two actors in their multiple film roles, but cringe anytime each of them delivers a tiring line in this show.

To the viewers, recommendation.... Turn this drivel off, and try a classic family sitcom, like "The Dick Van Dyke Show" or "Everybody Loves Raymond", or something with more wit and originality like "Arrested Development" or "Scrubs". "Still Standing" is a waste of precious airtime.

• horrible sickcom

1.8
    this is a horrible sick com that never makes me laugh. The family is stupid and pathetic. The plot for all the episodes suck and all the characters are non likable. This show has never made me laugh. Even time i watch it i barf because its that bad. I'm glad that this show is over and i hope nobody watches it because if they do then they are wasting there life. I hate sickcoms like this. They try way too hard to be funny and even when they come up with a slightly funny joke they butcher it. I hate this show
  • Funny Show

Nice and funny show with a funny cast and Mark_Addy does a great American Accent. Loved him in The Thin Blue Line. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Addy. Excellent show and nice to see it on ABC Family. Mark is famous for the Tesco adverts. Still Standing is about two parents who don't really care about their children. Which is funny in my opinion I don't know why it ended after 4 seasons, but I guess that is what TV is like now got to do good or your out. Still Standing first aired on September 30, 2002 and last aired on March 8, 2006.
  • We miss still standing, yes dear, according to jim, took off these good family fun sitcoms to add reality tv crap..

The TV producers droped the ball on this one, Still Standing was a terrific show, you can see by the coments is missed by a lot of viewers as is Yes Dear, According to Jim, all great shows....
    Too much reality crap on tv now...
    Why did these shows go off air?
    They aparently had a lot of followers...
    Where have all the characters gone, what are they doing now. Especially liked the kids...they were cute and funny. Too late to bring these shows back now, i watch reruns of raymond, according to jim, yes dear, and try to find the dvde's of still standing...
  • In my oppinion, a great comedy show.

Well, I must say that, when I first started watching Still Standing, I didn't like it very much. However, let's say, after watching 5 episodes of it, I became a huge fan of the show. Bill and Judy have very different personalities than the normal, and that's part of what makes it so special. It's funny to watch how they feel about life, work, and even their childreen. Basically, in my oppinion, this is not like other shows. I love to see the way they manage to make everything so much easier, but at the same time, so much complicated. Everyone that likes a good comedy should watch it. It was one tv show that actually had me laughting...
  • Still Standing is a great show!

Bill and Judy were popular hig school students but still do that wild-side in their middle ages. Brian is a oposite of Bill he is smart and not lazy like bill. Lauren is not as smart and follows the footsteps of Judy. Tina the smallest child can be very lovable to their parents still, but can annoy them. Still Standing is a good show to watch. I rate this show 8.8
  • I don't like this show.

Sorry, but I can't stand Still Standing. I find the humor unoriginal and rather predictable. The characters are just so generic and the "humor" on the show seems so forced and expected. They do have some decent actors and actresses, but aside from that, the show just makes me bored. I know that some people think the show is underrated, but in my opinion, the show is just mediocre. I understand why it only lasted 4 seasons and that it wasn't very popular in the ratings. I think people just thought that it wasn't anything special and was just there because it was there. If you were to ask people on the street what they thought about Still Standing, they would say they never heard of it. Thank you.
  • I love the show

I did see that you could buy the full series of Still Standing at www.dvddonkey.com but since I don't see it on sale at regular stores, I'm not 100% sure that the DVDDonkey site is completely legitiment. I do agree with everyone though. I absolutely loved the show and the fact that CBS cancelled that, when there were others at that time that absolutely sucked, it totally unfair. I tried to watch every episode. I still watch it at night at 1:30 am on FOX (Easter Time) which is the only time I can find it on any show now.
  • Loved this show, Very underrated, there are not enough quality sitcoms on the air anymore, and this to me was a great one, wish they had more than 4 seasons, will be looking for the dvd's when they come out.

Bill and Judy are a middle class couple who are former high school sweethearts, they are rasing three childern, Lauren, the oldest daughter is your typical teenage girl, seems to be an average student who worries about boys and her parents embarresing her, which Bill seems to do often, Brian, the only son, is a straight A student who would rather go to AV club or twirl a baton that play sports, and although Bill loves him he lets it be known that he would like if brian spent more time chasing girls and playing sports rather than playing video games, then there is the youngest Tina, who seems to manipulate everyone in the house even though she is not even 10 years old. Both parents try to keep the kids from doing the things they did as high school students while still trying to stay as youthful as they can themselves.
  • love the show

This show is so humorous that I find myself laughing out loud. None of the current shows do anything close to this show. It's the only show that I want to watch. The show has family themes, adult humor and is like a blend of the 80s comedy shows with a postmodern twist on family life. I wish that this show would come back with the original writers. I haven't heard such original humor in a long time. Wherever they are now, they are really good at their jobs. I would highly recommend this show to anyone who is interested in a good laugh.
  • I miss it...shouldn't have been cancelled by season 4

I miss this show, but I see it every now and then on Peachtree TV I think. I miss the cast, even though only Bill and Judy had the real chemistry going, it was sort of good to see everyone fit in as well. I love how Bill's always trying to get Brian to become manlier, and it just isn't working out. And Lauren is kinda spoiled because she's the popular one at school. My favourite characters are Bill and Judy because they just complement each other so well. Linda's great too, even though she gets rejected a lot. I would've like to see the show go on for a couple more seasons since they were just getting it all together by season 4.
  • This show makes my day.

I have never seen a show that more closely mimics real life situations. I can't get enough of this show! I can't wait until it comes out on DVD. I will buy every episode no matter what the price. The situations that occur in this family are realistic to so many families, that it makes me think that I should be living this show. I don't know why they canceled this show, but I treasure every episode. I have always been a trekie and a star wars fanatic, but I value this show above all else. I check all the time, every day, to see if it has been released on DVD. I want to be the first to own this show.
  • This was a great show that CBS unfairly canceled. It had better storytelling(although not great) than the other comedy's on CBS today. It should have got a fifth season. It should have been given a better chance.

Still Standing was a great show. That CBS unfairly canceled. This show is definitely better then most comedy on, oh who am I kidding, is better than all comedy's on TV currently. Although I did find it corny at times and storytelling wasn't the best. The show is about Bill and Judy, two less than great parents, raising Brian, Lorene and, Tina. Of course with regularly appearance by Judy's sister, let's just say doesn't have the best relationship with Bill. As both typically crack jokes at each other. Brian is the oldest of the kids and the smartest of the family. Which at times is quite amusing. Lorene a teenage girl I guess and Tina is pretty much a little Bill. Linda is pathetic. Fitz is also a big reacurring role character. Who is friends with Bill and at points Judy, I guess. Their are very memorable moments from the series. One of my favorites is the episode Judy keeps on attacking Bill's mother (not on purpose) and when their at the hospital. Bill tells Judy that she is just like his mother and then suddenly realizes that he married his mother. Who he regularly tries to avoid. Although I'm not the biggest fans of Lorene and Tina (especially Tina), they have both provided some great episodes. I'd rather have a new season of this then Two and a Half Men, The New Adventures of Old Christine and pretty much every CBS show that ain't Big Bang Theory and How I met Your Mother combine having a new show. Still Standing > CBS.
  • Still Standing is an hilarious comedic sitcom of a typical American family whom expresses themselves the way real people do in real life situations.

Still Standing is a fabulous show! Here's the scoop. I came across it while I was sick in bed and never watched it while it aired. Maybe it aired during an off-hour? I'm sad I had missed it then and so grateful to stumble upon it now. The show is hilarious, refreshing and honest! True to life's everyday's experiences. What makes the show so fantastic is the writers ability to express each character's inner feelings, their insecurities, their fears, their needs and wants even their selfishness. They really express it just the way a person really feels inside. Therefore they get rejected and hurt and sad just like us regular people! No pretentious covering up as if we're all perfect with a Hallmark Card ending and a fake hug. But it's done with laughter so it comes off light and certainly makes us feel like "We're not the only one feeling this way". The characters are wonderful and play their part just as a mom, dad, children, sister, etc. really would act in reality. And that's what makes Still Standing so funny because it is true to life! I'm a big fan of King of Queens and now I'm a fan of Still Standing! So if it's repeats that I had to watch then it's the repeats. But do bring it back! I'm sure others never got to see it as well. Sharon of www.YearsAfter.com
  • Two people who met in school and got married.

Family. A thing that means a lot to certain people and the trouble that people(parents) go through to maintain a stable family. What am I saying, they are hysterical. Its basically an average family, you know not them television families, but a real family. They have three kids; one who is smart(the youngest), one who is uhhh......a burnt out filament in a light bulb, and then there's the son, who, although smart, is ignored. Its basically something that every family has. A not so smart child and one who is smart. Where the smart one is usually the one ignored, not sure why, and the dumb ones are always heard. Weird.
  • Hilarious family show with adult content. It's brilliant!

Sill Standing is one of my favorites. Every episode is down right hilarious and keeps you laughing even if you've seen that episode a thousand times before. It's not like a regular family comedy. Bill and Just are two not so responsible young parents living in Chicago with their three kids. Brian the oldest is a smart ready for the future kid. Lauren is a fun loving teenage girl who is always wanting more privacy. And Tina is a sassy toddler with the mouth of an teenager. While living a hectic life in their small household, they also have trouble dealing with their intruding Aunt Linda who can't stay in a stable relationship. As If that wasn't enough, they also have an annoying manipulative grandmother who never seems to stop controlling. I recomend this show to anybody who wants a great laugh.
  • A show that had everything. Great writing, humor, great characters and Great acting.

Rarely is the television audience rewarded for their dedication. Still Standing was a show that deserved a longer life than given. A perfect cast,great acting and better than shows that lived on longer I.E. Everyone loves Raymond,Home Improvement and Married with chidren.Compare the acting, storylines and characters on those shows.The chemistry between Judy and Bill was classic. Hats off to all the guest stars as well. Sally Struthers was perfect. Shame on the network for cancelling a show that deserved to be recognized. Shame on the world for letting it get away.
    Thank God it lasted long enough for syndication.
    Still standing in our hearts !!!
  • LOL! thats all I can say about this show

This show is soo funny! It is the best. I watch it everyday. This show is just basicall a normal family, trying to live with all of their flaws. Bill and Judy might not seem like the best parents. But, you know, they really are fun, and down to earth. My favorite is LAuren. She is soo funny. She tries to get away with everything, but always gets caught, Its hilarious. The writer and director should get a BIG two thumbs up! Brian is funny too. The nerdy boy that ALMOST every family has. (not just an immediate family. Cousins, aunts and uncles too) Tina is adorable! Linda is funny too. Bill, as long as he has a beer, and is siiting on the couch watching a game he is okay. This show is basically a NORMAL family (that needs a couple adjustments)
  • A show that I've just gotten into

I didn't watch this all the way from the beginning, so the first time I saw it I didn't understand it well. But the more I watched it, the better it got. I find this show to be about a typical couple who have problems with their kids, jobs, and other things like that. I really like this show and I hope to watch all the episodes someday. I forgot to mention it's very funny and all the fake laughter in the background is actually meant for something this time. This is a show that is not worth missing for anything!
  • So funny!

I adore this show so much! Bill and Judy Miller have three children, Brian, Lauren, and Tina. They also have Judy's sister, Linda, always hanging around the house and driving them crazy at times, but I think they still love her very much. Brian is the oldest out of the three siblings. He's considered the nerd in the family and at school. In my opinion, he is not a nerd. He's a success. Lauren is the oldest daughter. She's the popular sibling in high school. At times, she's a little ditzy, but I still think she's a smart girl. Tina is the youngest sibling. Aww, she is adorable and so funny. She gets very sassy and silly, and she just makes me giggle. Bill and Judy have to get on as a couple and as parents. Sometimes, I don't really like the way they talk about their own children behind their backs. I don't think it's very nice to pick on your child. They make fun of Brian and call him the nerd. Sometimes, they act like they don't really care when their children are upset about something. It can be very funny at times, but other times, it makes me sad. I don't feel that way about my children. Still, this show always puts a smile on my face, and I don't know why it didn't get the recognition it deserved. I would've loved to see a 5th season where Lauren turns 18, graduates high school, and leaves home. I don't think they'll be doing another season of this show, but if they do, I will definitely tune in. If they do a movie, I'll watch that as well. I would love to know where the kids end up when they're all grown up. This was a wonderful show!
  • It's a good show. I mainly watch it because it seems like a good family comedy. It's within the line up of Reba.

I like the theme song as well as the show itself. This is a good show. I like all the characters. There's something to like in all. Brian is a cute guy who is in high school and kinda acts homosexual. Lauren is their oldest daughter and she is very pretty and funny as well. Judy is the "milf" of the show. She is like a mom in a minivan type with the thongs and wet dreams of the other guys starring at her. The dad Bill is like a real life Peter Griffin/Homer Simpson. The little girl Tina isn't that funny, but she's the cutest because she's the baby of the family. Watch it if you have the time.
  • A really gr8 show.

This sitcom really hits home. I think its really too bad it didn't survive the reality tv invasion. I never really watched it when it was running. I have seen it a lot in syndication and have really enjoyed it tremendously! It seems to be one of those shows that those who treat it for what it is " a comedy" I think anyone who hasn't seen it will love it. I can see some people who have left negative reviews can't seem to remember that it's just a show, if you don't like it " change the channel" remember the castaway's were not really stranded on Gilligan"s Island either, it was just a show. I really can't wait for still standing to be released on dvd. When it does I like a lot of people who really enjoyed this show will be THERE!!!!!
  • Bill Miller, his wife, son and two daughters make up an entire family in Still Standing. Their lifestyle is full of vile parental styles which turn their children, strange enough, into great people with their own characters.

You can read me baby like an open book, catch me dead in my tracks with only just one look, now when the lights go down, and when it comes to you and me babe, oooo you turn me inside out, I'm still in love with you today cause you make me happy, you make me happy.

The opening theme of the show, describes exactly what this show is about. This show is about two people who you would ironically expect to end up together. In love. They live together in their strange enough happy home, with their extra smart son, a typical teen, and Bill's favourite daughter, Tina. They correlate in this home and every episode seems to be so funny. The first time I watched an episode, well what can I say, I still watch it up to this day. I keep myself glued to the television with this one, even when the advertisement comes on, because I wouldn't want to miss any piece of it when it comes back on. To me, there is no other like 'Still Standing'.