Storm Hawks Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2008)

The Farside of Atmos

  • Avatar of StellaMagic

    StellaMagic

    [1]Jun 9, 2009
    • member since: 06/20/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,746

    If Nerd Corps does have another season coming up involving the Storm hawks on the Farside, What do you hope to see there? Here's what I want to see:

    -Snake, spider, cat, wolf humanoids

    -New enemies

    -New crystals

    -New creatures

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [2]Jun 9, 2009
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    Finally got finished running through the series on Youtube (damn you, CN).

    Methinks they're going to need to get new weapons, or start regularly shaving Radarr. Probably everything will get some sort of upgrade.

    How Master Cyclonis emerges as a villain is what I want to see. She's short an army now.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of StellaMagic

    StellaMagic

    [3]Jun 9, 2009
    • member since: 06/20/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,746
    Methinks you might be right.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Qqissh

    Qqissh

    [4]Jun 10, 2009
    • member since: 07/16/08
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 51

    I got a few.

    -Our own fan characters making an appearence.

    -What hpaaned to the Raptors, Snipe, Ravess and all the others.

    -More action packed episodes like Five Days.

    -Better story telling. Some of the episodes were hard to believe.

    -Updating the official site.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [5]Jun 10, 2009
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    Qqissh wrote:

    I got a few.

    -Our own fan characters making an appearence.

    -What hpaaned to the Raptors, Snipe, Ravess and all the others.

    -More action packed episodes like Five Days.

    -Better story telling. Some of the episodes were hard to believe.

    -Updating the official site.

    What happened to everyone in Atmos proper probably won't be an issue, now that they have no way of going back it would seem.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of StellaMagic

    StellaMagic

    [6]Jun 10, 2009
    • member since: 06/20/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,746
    On the contrary, there's the endless caverns from episode 40.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [7]Jun 10, 2009
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    StellaMagic wrote:
    On the contrary, there's the endless caverns from episode 40.
    Which they sealed off, and without a map it'd be difficult to make their way around. Domiwick got lucky on that account. Incidentally, we should be seeing him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of StellaMagic

    StellaMagic

    [8]Jun 10, 2009
    • member since: 06/20/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,746
    Yeah. But those other tunnels could lead to any terra.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [9]Jun 10, 2009
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    StellaMagic wrote:
    Yeah. But those other tunnels could lead to any terra.
    Well, yeah, but there's also the issue of them being mostly underwater. It took specialists to modify the Condor, not that Stork couldn't whip something up in a pinch. Then there's the matter of finding the tunnels.

    What it mostly comes down to, though, is the simple desire to return. They really won't want to until they've captured Cyclonis/defeated whatever other Big Bad is there.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of StellaMagic

    StellaMagic

    [10]Jun 10, 2009
    • member since: 06/20/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,746
    Knowing the storm Hawks, they always do the impossible and succeed.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of pop_pip

    pop_pip

    [11]Jun 14, 2009
    • member since: 05/15/03
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 44
    Although I think the show could use some changes in scenery and fresh characters, I do hope if it continues that they don't drastically change the tone like what Beast Wars did with Beast Machines.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Maetch

    Maetch

    [12]Jun 15, 2009
    • member since: 12/10/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,075

    someguy0830 wrote:
    How Master Cyclonis emerges as a villain is what I want to see. She's short an army now.

    On the contrary, for all we know she may have an even greater army waiting in reserve in the Farside.

    Edited on 06/15/2009 7:52am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of StellaMagic

    StellaMagic

    [13]Jun 15, 2009
    • member since: 06/20/05
    • level: 18
    • rank: Land Shark
    • posts: 1,746
    I agree with Maetch. Why else would she lure the Storm Hawks there.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [14]Jun 15, 2009
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    If she had another army there, which seems unlikely since it's been so long since the door was ever opened, why not bring it in the first place? She didn't lure the Storm Hawks, she escaped through the door.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of GrainneG

    GrainneG

    [15]Jun 16, 2009
    • member since: 06/01/07
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 224
    Qqissh wrote:

    I got a few.

    -Our own fan characters making an appearence.

    Sorry, but don't be ridiculous, there's no way that Nerd Corp will use fan characters, most fan characters are awful anyway, just look at that dreadful purple Merb on Deviant Art

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Maetch

    Maetch

    [16]Jun 17, 2009
    • member since: 12/10/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,075
    someguy0830 wrote:
    If she had another army there, which seems unlikely since it's been so long since the door was ever opened, why not bring it in the first place?

    It's called "planning ahead". It always pays to keep a reserve force hidden away, in case of sudden changes in plans. Knowing Cyclonis, she would've anticipated the worst-case scenario and sent a sizable portion of her army to the Farside to ensure that she's got something to resort to.

    Edited on 06/17/2009 1:08pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [17]Jun 17, 2009
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    Maetch wrote:
    someguy0830 wrote:
    If she had another army there, which seems unlikely since it's been so long since the door was ever opened, why not bring it in the first place?

    It's called "planning ahead". It always pays to keep a reserve force hidden away, in case of sudden changes in plans. Knowing Cyclonis, she would've anticipated the worst-case scenario and sent a sizable portion of her army to the Farside to ensure that she's got something to resort to.

    I doubt that. Her doorway isn't exactly useful in that regard. One at a time isn't a good way to move troops, and she had thousands of Nightcrawlers to attack Atmos with. Her resources aren't infinite.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Maetch

    Maetch

    [18]Jun 18, 2009
    • member since: 12/10/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 1,075

    someguy0830 wrote:
    I doubt that. Her doorway isn't exactly useful in that regard. One at a time isn't a good way to move troops, and she had thousands of Nightcrawlers to attack Atmos with. Her resources aren't infinite.

    Okay, I'll give you that much, but let's look at what else the Farside has to offer a power-hungry tyrant. Strange and possibly violent creatures to enslave and control, crystals and technology that easily outperforms Atmos's, and the advantage of being in a world that your enemies know nothing about. Heck, Cyclonis probably would've sent a few dozen Nightcrawlers in for the sake of having some backup (she can surely spare 50 or so out of her thousands). It's not like Cyclonis is gonna let herself be completely helpless.

    Besides, without something for her to oppose the Hawks with, it's gonna be a very boring show.

    Edited on 06/18/2009 9:46am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of someguy0830

    someguy0830

    [19]Jun 18, 2009
    • member since: 06/14/05
    • level: 27
    • rank: Shark Jumper
    • posts: 10,103
    Maetch wrote:
    Okay, I'll give you that much, but let's look at what else the Farside has to offer a power-hungry tyrant. Strange and possibly violent creatures to enslave and control, crystals and technology that easily outperforms Atmos's, and the advantage of being in a world that your enemies know nothing about. Heck, Cyclonis probably would've sent a few dozen Nightcrawlers in for the sake of having some backup (she can surely spare 50 or so out of her thousands). It's not like Cyclonis is gonna let herself be completely helpless.

    Besides, without something for her to oppose the Hawks with, it's gonna be a very boring show.
    The first part of that is essentially what I look forward to. I want to see Cyclonis pop up with some new Far Side minions. I think it'd be boring if she had the same forces.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Jinto11

    Jinto11

    [20]Jun 18, 2009
    • member since: 01/05/09
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 110

    someguy0830 wrote:
    Maetch wrote:
    Okay, I'll give you that much, but let's look at what else the Farside has to offer a power-hungry tyrant. Strange and possibly violent creatures to enslave and control, crystals and technology that easily outperforms Atmos's, and the advantage of being in a world that your enemies know nothing about. Heck, Cyclonis probably would've sent a few dozen Nightcrawlers in for the sake of having some backup (she can surely spare 50 or so out of her thousands). It's not like Cyclonis is gonna let herself be completely helpless. Besides, without something for her to oppose the Hawks with, it's gonna be a very boring show.
    The first part of that is essentially what I look forward to. I want to see Cyclonis pop up with some new Far Side minions. I think it'd be boring if she had the same forces.

    i agree with maetch that the far side will have a tyrant that is very powerful and that not even the storm hawks can defeat on their own. new enemies, new creatures, and new allies. My take on Cyclonis is that season 3 should focus more on her since the first 2 seasons didnt really show her character (even though five days was a good example but they didnt go into detail overall). i think that cyclonis is now alone with no army will try to rebuild and avoid being caught by the storm hawks, she goes to the far side to look for a new warrior to replace the Dark Ace (who she killed) she finds this new person who is stronger than the Dark Ace she sees the chance to rebuild her empire starting with him. they go through the dangers of the far side and fight against that tyrant and his huge army, Cyclonis finds that the warrior is her friend where as the Dark Ace was only her servant this gives Cyclonis to be able to achieve that perfect binding power where it goes through both people.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.