Strange Days at Blake Holsey High

Conclusions (3)

Aired Saturday 12:30 PM Jan 28, 2006 on NBC

• I guess I should be grateful we got closure but I know the writers could've done better than this, regardless the small amount of epiosdes they were given, there were still small things as well as bigger things that upset me about the conclusion.

After rewatching the entire show, I went on to the conclusion and the first time around was not half as painful as it was this time around. I guess it's completely understandable that the writers couldn't close every open storyline in such little time but even the small things could've been resolved.

Like, what was the significants of the Tesseract and Professor Middleton's use of it. He just went into the wormhole and was never seen or heard of again. And why did the janitor speak fear for Corrine's existence in "Friction". Sure, she stole the ball in Conclusions but she returned it immediately. I think there was more to her character that meets the eye. And how long was Josie stuck in the wrong timeline? A day, a year, what? And what happened to Avenir. How did them stopping him in that specific timeline stop him from corrupting any other? There are many more that can't come to mind right now. But they left a LOT open.

Next to a lot of plot holes they built, there were a lot of other ridiculous and irrelevant moments they built up in the Conclusions alone and never resolved. Why spend the entire first 2 episodes of the Conclusion hinting Corrine and Vaugh in a possible relationship and then forget they were ever freinds in a moment's notice? And while we're in the middle of characters and relationships. Despite how many of you think the decision to leave EVERYTHING containing relationships in the open, you can't tell me that you didn't want one kiss or meaningful hug. Corrine and Marshall never got a real kiss and their hug could've been a lot more romantic. Marshall gave Josie a better hug than he gave Corrine. I was SO upset when they didn't kiss. I was waiting for that moment since Equations.

With all that said, I gotta mention that the eternally imprisoned Clone Josie conclusion was a bit too... dark(in laments term). Sure, she sacraficed her freedom for Josie's but they didn't need to leave her with such a horrible demise. As far as I'm concerned, clone Josie is as good as dead in that timeline and for what? To destoy a man we don't even know is destoyed?

After reading this, it's clear to see the Conclusion itself built many plotholes on it's own. And after thinking it over, it didn't even succeed in many answers. We know Victor's a good guy, we know who the janitor is and why Vaugh's mother did what she did. We know who Josie's father is and most of all, we know.... Oh wait, after 3 years of build-up after build-up, that's ALL we know. Of course, a lot of things couldn't be resolved in one episode but everything was so rushed and there was no HUGE answer or climax to the ending. There was nothing that built us up to the final episode from many episodes before and hit us in the face like a bulldozer. If only the show could've been finished the way it had to be I wouldn't be so upset with the ending. But I guess it was a decent substitute for what we know was a very unfortunate and sudden death of the series.