Strange Days at Blake Holsey High

Lifetime

Aired Saturday 12:30 PM Nov 23, 2002 on NBC

• Lucus just wants to be older.

Lucus wants to be older and respected. He gets bit by a bug and grows up over night. Then he is the math profesor and has fun with the science club. It was funny to watch even though it took the actor of Lucus out of the scene. I liked it when he reolised that he does not have to be an adult and allows z to defend him against the other kids. He knows when there is a problom that asking for help will make it better. I think the best part was when z was like it that my suit?
  • Lucas gets bitten by a mayfly and his genetic code gets altered, aging him unusually fast.

Lucas is feeling insecure and unimportant, and he finds a mayfly. When the mayfly bites him, it becomes a puss-filled blister. The science-team is worried for him, so they research mayflies, and find out that their life-cycle in its adult stage is very short, spanning from 1 day to 3 weeks. When Lucas goes to bed that night, he wishes to be an adult, and if you watch the series, you NEVER want to wish for anything at Blake Holsey High. When he wakes up in the morning, he's around 20-25 years old. He makes friends with principal durst, who turns out to be suprisingly fun! Lucas almost finds out what's going on at Black Hole High when he and Durst are inturrupted by Victor Pearson. Lucas, who had been posing as the sub. math teacher, gets fired by Victor because he stood up for himself and Durst. When he tries to hang out with Josie, Corrine, and Marshall, they say it's a bit wierd hanging out with him and that they wish he was a kid again. The camera then goes to him in his and Marshall's dorm room, but this time he is more around the age of 80. Lucas then decides being an adult isn't fun anymore and decides to release his mayfly. When he does he apologizes to it, and says he should've let nature take its course. He then turns back into his teenage self, and wrestles with is friends. I found this episode AMAZINGLY hilarious because of how it was written, and not to mention they are very good actors for a show of that nature.
  • "Lifetime" is about Lucas wanting to become an adult, because he is tired of being a kid. He gets his wish when he is bit by a Mayfly. He suddenly starts to age rapidally. Lucas eventually learns to not want to grow up too fast, and to enjoy the ride.

This episode is very special because it was the first episode I ever saw of "Strange Days at Blake Holsey High." It's a great first episode to see. This episode is well written, well thought out, and well acted. Because this show is an early episode, it's important that we start to learn new things about each character. In "Thursday" we learn about Corrine. In "Invisible" we learn about Marshall, and so on. But, this episode really introduced us to Lucas. This is by far one of the best episodes.