Street Legal

CBC (ended 1994)

maritimer00

Street Legal Fan Reviews (4)

7.1
  • Street Legal....a work to be proud of ..then and now.

Street Legal...a show that finally could match anything on the American channels...One to be proud of for sure. An amazing cast that drew from each others strengths. I watched when it was originally shown and I never tire of the re-runs. The issues that were covered as still relevant in 2008. I must say an extra word for Eric Peterson....to be involved with 2 shows that could hold their own with anything from the U.S. He does amazing work and we are so fortunate to have been able to keep him here in Canada.Bravo to All who had any part in this show!!!
  • A Great Show .... Highly Underrated!

This is a terrific show. There are few shows as cutting edge. Sure, it was camp at times and some of its charm stems from its Toronto cityscape including the link to the Toronto Island community.

Ethnic issues were often addressed as primary story lines.

The characters were well developed and one could identify with their struggles. Despite taking on difficult cases and fighting injustices, the shows frequently demonstrated the frailty of the modern justice system. The legal and ethical dilemmas were realistic and the responses were equally well written and acted.

The show portrayed lawyers as average people. Their practice frequently faced crises. It wasn't a big, fancy, rich law firm. The premise of the three law school friends emerging from a complex partnership. They started a fledgling law firm ... the rest was history.
  • A great Canadian lawyer program.

A great Canadian lawyer program. If this is a show that you do not normally watch and you are sitting at home with nothing to do, you are going to wish you had it on tape. Having it "on tape" had become the generic term for recorded programs. Today you are more likely to have the show on Tivo or DVR than VHS, or god forbid Beta!! It is kind of like how a lot of people still call CD's "records" or "albums." Anyway, back to the show. This is the type of show that is really pretty good if you would just give it a chance. So on those cold, lonely, rainy days, pop in your tape or DVR or whatever if you were smart enough to tape it. If not, check to see if it is on as a re-run. After all, as they say, if you have never seen it, it is new to you.
  • Group of lawyers with different philosophies & viewpoints work together in Toronto firm.

Yet another excellent Canadian show! I was very sad when it went off the air, but I'm thankful that I can watch it again in syndication. Yay for reruns! I used to watch it every week, & now I watch it every day if I can catch it. The actors were really good, although at times there were some moments that were obvious in their acting, but, overall, the people portrayed were realistic & believeable.