Street Smarts

(ended 2005)

Street Smarts Fan Reviews (12)

7.7
  • on the street contestant

I was filmed at the Mall of America in 2001 for a contestant on the street. My show did air and I recorded it to a VCR tape, HOWEVER the VCR tape was broke and I am not trying to find my video to put onto a anyone know how I can find this video?

PLEASE HELP
  • A whole new spin to game shows and it is great so I feel its a trendsetter

A very very funny show that shows the world how stupid we are. This show is just like are you smarter then a 5th grade with showing the world that people are really dumb and we all need to go back to school and do it all over again but unlike Are You Smarter then a 5th Grader I can answer all the questions on Street Smarts and I rarely get a question wrong and this show is great I just want to know why this show don't play on the eastside anymore and it comes on late at night on GSN cable but they only play old shows not new ones that I want to see badly.
  • I am 70 years old and can\'t get enough of the younger generation and how, with all their technologies, can\'t speak, spell or have any knowledge of the world. They are proof that our educational system with all it\'s aids does not compare with the old.

Perhaps, if enough young people see this show they might, and I repeat might try to learn something useful. I use a computer for fun. I convinced my wife to do likewise and we, at our advanced age can run rings around most of the new generation. Without a calculator or "adding machine" my wife (she is better than I am) and I can run totals in our head, at a checkout counter faster and more accuratly than the kids doing the work with a register. Street smarts shows how bad our educational system is. Jay Leno does a similar routine with his Jay Walking. If I was as young as this generation I would be considered a genius.
  • A great and very funny game show.

A great and very funny game show. If this is a show that you do not normally watch and you are sitting at home with nothing to do, you are going to wish you had it on tape. Having it "on tape" had become the generic term for recorded programs. Today you are more likely to have the show on Tivo or DVR than VHS, or god forbid Beta!! It is kind of like how a lot of people still call CD's "records" or "albums." Anyway, back to the show. This is the type of show that is really pretty good if you would just give it a chance. So on those cold, lonely, rainy days, pop in your tape or DVR or whatever if you were smart enough to tape it. If not, check to see if it is on as a re-run. After all, as they say, if you have never seen it, it is new to you.
  • This show is to hilarious

I love this show. Street smarts is so hilarious. I wonder how they find such ditzy people!! Street smarts is a must see for everyone. Espessially if u need a good laugh. Umm.. thats really all I can say but I have to write fifty words on here. So there ya go!!
  • On a scale of 1-10 for "funny" ,....man I'd give this one a 15 no doubt !!!

Funny, funny !! I really enjoy this show,..every time. Gotta love it. Wish I could be a contestant.Some of the ? are a lil crazy,...but thatz what makes the show so much fun ! I think props go to Frank ,the crew & da audience. And of course the wild ones out on the street !!!
  • I love this show, I just wonder where they find these people.

The first time I saw this show I was in Las Vegas and I thought it was a local thing. I was so happy when I got home and found out it was national, so I actually have seen almost every episode of this show.

I seems it has been cancelled but I'm sure re-runs will live forever on GSN.
  • A clean, fun show. Good for a laugh!

I like this show. It's funny and NOT embarassing - like so many other "comedy" shows. Some of the things that people don't know are amazing (especially the number of States in the United States). I'm hoping for a sixth season, but I haven't been able to find out if that is in the works.
  • There are some smart people and some really dumb ones!

First off to start off, I would like to say, I love this show and seeing peoples stupidity and thier smartnish!

Frank is a good host, a funny one indeed and the contestants pick the stupidist people to answer a question! One time they asked a question and I'm like don't pick him and he picked him and he got it wrong!

The contestants are good guessers but, they need to guess more accurate.

I watch this show every day on UPN and I would like you to watch it, You'd love it!
  • Can you believe that some people on this show are really dumb?

I started watching this show in the year 2000, but only sporadically. My sister told me about this show and I thought it was funny. In 2002, I started to really watch this show starting with Street Smarts TV week then I went to college. In 2004, I watched it some more when I had nothing to do. That was at the time it was on at 3PM on WGN. I watched almost all of the most recent season with the $100,000 tournament and it was on at 1:30 in the morning, so I had to record it on my VCR. Anyway, my main comment about this show is in the summary. Frank Nicoterro can be funny at times, but sometimes goes overboard with his impersonations of people. Sometimes the contestants on the street are funny as well. I basically know most of the answers to the questions except the slang terms.
  • Please remove this show and find something else worth watching. I\'m sure myself and some friend\'s could put together a better show than this piece o sh%t............ see ya, had to right about this one. It really sucked!

0.1
    Terrible!!!!!!!!!!!! Horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Yea, that\'s right, trash it!!!!!!!!!! Worst show I have ever seen, especially on late night television. I would rather watch the TV Guide channel and see what kind of skits may be put together on that channel than to waste my time watching a bunch of dumb ass\'s acting like a bunch of fools cause they thought they were so cool since they picked the right person whom may or may not get the question right. This show could possibly be better if the host was not such a quire and if the contestants weren\'t all a bunch of tool\'s that you found I don\'t have a clue where. Anyways, maybe that\'s why it is on the air @ 4:30 in the morning. The show stinks and definately needs to be terminated. Please, never air that show again on my TV. Oh yea, I guess I could control that problem, just don\'t let me ever see that show on the air ever again!!!!!!

It sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yea, that\'s right, you heard me.....

AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Are people really this dumb?

This show is not like your usual game show. There are two contestants who have to predict whether various questions given to three people on the street are right or wrong. It is always very fun to watch once in a while but if I watched it every day I think I would get very sick of it.

The questions always seem to be very easy and being a fifteen year old guy I would assume that people in their 20's and 30's should be able to answer 99% of these questions. If you just like game shows where the questions are challenging and you learn things watching them, then this show probably isn't for you. If you like a nice and entertaining break from the usual game shows then I would recommend this but not for daily watching.