Stressed Eric

BBC Two (ended 2000)

Stressed Eric Fan Reviews (2)

• I'll never understand how anyone likes this show

To this day, it remains a mystery to me how anyone can enjoy this. I mean, it's about a guy who's minding his own business, trying to make ends meet and take care of his kids, and in return, he is given nothing but hell.

And if he had deserved it, I could understand people getting a kick out of his suffering. Because hey, who doesn't like seeing insufferable assholes getting their just desserts? But that's just it... this guy has done absolutely NOTHING to be treated like scum by everyone around him.

If anything, I feel so sorry for this guy. He's just kicked around because... the plot demands it. There is nothing funny about seeing the innocent suffering. NOTHING. And if you disagree with my thoughts here, that's your right to, but that doesn't change the fact I'm literally disturbed that there are people who do enjoy this kind of entertainment.
  • The UK's best adult orientated animation to date!

To be honest there isn't much competition in this category. The programme has a quite British feel to it, despite its production by a US animation studio. The humour is quite dark and adult, and a lot more risque than say The Simpsons and King of the Hill. It should appeal to fans of alternative comedy. It ran for just 2 seasons but left some memorable moments and storylines. Definitely worth catching on re-run or on-demand.