A Strike Back Community
Friday 10:00 PM on Cinemax

It's another one of those good news/bad news situations in television land today, this time for Cinemax's Strike Back. The good news: Strike Back has been renewed for Season 4! The bad news: Strike Back has been canceled! Yep the fourth season of the action series will be its last, with 10 episodes due sometime in 2014 in both the U.S. and the U.K. There aren't many details available about Season 4 yet, but it will film in Asia and Europe in case you want to book your air travel now.

Strike Back stars Philip Winchester and Sullivan Stapleton as a pair of badasses who join forces to fight terrorists and blow up lots of things. It recently finished its third season of killing dangerous foreigners. 

Are you excited about a final season? Is Cinemax right to end the show now?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 10/9/2015

Season 4 : Episode 10

86 Comments
Comments (86)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Please RENEW FOR another season. The show is awesome. It was almost as good as "SPOOKS". This is one the reasons I started watching this show... NOW I LOVE IT!!
Flag
waiting for season 5 to come out is like waiting for christmas, the lads told me on twitter once banshee has finished there up, but banshee has finished 5 weeks ago.
Flag
And chance they would reconsider ? LOVE THIS SHOW !!!
Flag
Sorry, Any
Flag
hell no everytime a kickass show is out they get rid of it and put some stupid dumbass show in its place
Flag
STUPID, STUPID MOVE CINEMAX!!! My husband and I can't wait for Strike Back to come back each season. This is coming from a women, who who would much rather see things blow up then mind numbing chick flicks. You just took away date night for my husband and I. Thanks a lot!
Flag
Well, another good show on the way out ...
Flag
Plz don't joke guys... I think dey r gonno giv us a surprise by releasing it dis Xmas..................
Flag
I love that show!! It's got action, great plots, sexy actors (hehehe... yep, sex does sell!) and it is about current affairs. Why on earth did they cancel it???
Flag
I have been watching this show since I found it on TV while I was flipping on channels and came across it I've been hooked ever since when it is on hatius I watch the ones I have recorded while I wait for the new season and now they are saying it won"t be back after this season it"s canceled for what reason? All I can say is the day after the last show airs is the day I CANCEL Cinemax! I'm with Michelle8947 on this one I'm sick of the crap on TV these days .Here we have a great show that keeps you on the edge of your seat thats funny, fast pace and keeps you coming back for MORE and they canceled it, go figure.
Flag
I cant believe they would want to cancel such a show. I dont think i have watched any other series that has me hooked like this one . Its going to be some boring tv now ... well for me anyway !!!
Flag
Strikeback was one of a handful of shows that had that special thing that could have gone on for much longer if promoted. Would have made a good movie. What a shame. Makes no sense.
Flag
I think we need to stop watching tv all together when they cancel shows that we like. I am losing a lot of shows that I like in 2014 and I am tired of having them cancelled. So sick of seeing Reality shows!!!!!!!!!! I don't care if you can dance, sing, eat disgusting food, stab someone in the back on survivor, or how many people get together on the Big Brother show. Its all crap and they cancel well made exciting shows like Strikeback to see another fool on a reality show. It really needs to stop!!!!
Flag
Agree, agree, agree.
Flag
Why the hell did this get cancelled?!
Flag
Cannot wait until return. But bummed about being the last. Far as I'm concerned this show as real life could go on and on.
Flag
Why is cinemax stopping strike back nothing but idiots... come on now one of the best shows on tv
Flag
What is this I'm reading in the comments section about a first season that the US didn't get to see? When was Cinemax planning to spring this one on us? Perhaps never? To be included in the box set for purchase after the 4th season has aired in the US? "All 5 Seasons"? So, now they can find a secondary market that will buy all 5 seasons for "reruns". The first season aired on Sky1? Is that a British Channel? I'm PO'd and so is my husband! We thoroughly enjoyed this show, and we were very disappointed when Cinemax started showing that "Strike Back Origins" thing. It just didn't have the pace of the original show, and we are deeply distressed that SB has been cancelled!!!
Flag
Strike Back: Origins is the original first season that you've heard about. It did air in the UK, on Sky1. It's original title was Chris Ryan's Strike Back. Cinemax signed on as a producing partner by the second series, so I imagine that's why they started airing in the US with the "second" season.
Flag
Bonehead move by Cinemax. This is the most exciting series we have watched in many years! It keeps you on the edge of your seat the entire time it is on! Additionally, most series in the US need 5 years worth of shows to get a good offer in the re-run secondary markets. They need one more year to wind things up for the continuity of the show and to satisfy the secondary markets! I'm just sayin' somebody needs to put their thinking caps on here!!!
Flag
Good action series, with awful characters. Won't miss it much.
Flag
your just a complete idiot !! they couldnt have picked to better actors to play them characters ....
Flag
Oh, and it's "you're", "two" and "the". The more you know...
Flag
Oh, is that how you take other people's opinions? You'll go far on life.
Flag
I miss you less, good bye
Flag
You're a sweetheart.
Flag
It is a good show that I really got into and v disappointed it is finishing. Completely ruined though by the yanks so perhaps it is an opportunity make it better again.
Flag
I'm pissed, I'm watching the last season now and I already know that I'm going to want to see a whole lot more Strike Back. It seems like a popular show too, so I don't understand why it's being canceled. Stupid move on my opinion.
Flag
When you say "last" season, do you mean "previous"? Or, Series 4, the FINAL?
Flag
I meant the final season
Flag
How are you watching the final season? I didn't think it has aired yet? Maybe not even filmed.
Flag
ohh, I hope you're right.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
I did Google it and the FINAL season has not even finished filming. In fact, filming has been delayed due to one of the stars getting injured off-set.

http: // tvline . com/2014/02/26/cinemax-strike-back-final-season-delayed/
Flag
... google it.
Flag
Finished the season (yes, it only took two days), I was hooked as usual and now I want more! It's witty, its full of action, the actors/actresses are great, the plot is always crazy but amazing, it's just an extraordinary show. I REALLY enjoyed the show and I hope that Cinemax changes their mind and renews the series for a nice long season. Strike Back is one of my all time favorite shows and will probably always be.
Flag
What this article fails to explain is that what they refer to as the "Fourth Season" is actually the FIFTH season, but it's the fourth season for Cinemax, since Season 1 was exclusively on Sky1. So, there will be at least one more 10-episode season (4th for Cinemax, 5th overall) that will air later this year. So, if you think you just watched the fourth and final season, fear not. There is more to come.
Flag
Just finished watching the last episode in season 4. It's a shame Cinemax canceled this excellent show.
Flag
it seems like this show is just starting to gain steam amongst tv fans through online talk. It's a freaking shame cinemax is even thinking of ending probably the best action series to ever grace a tv screen. Don't do it Cinemax... please!
Flag
Cinemax should stop it and hand it over to a non yank group that will take it back to its best original version
Flag
I watched it when it was at Sky and then through Cinimax. I didn't notice a drop in quality (other than losing the star to The Hobbit Trilogy).

What do you feel the yanks did to ruin it?
Flag
This is a disgrace.. When you have all sort of midiocre shows running year after year, cancelling Strike back is dispecable.. I wish and hope that Netflix picks it up just like House of Cards... This would be a great step forward for writers and director as I believe that they can dial it to 11 on the show
Flag
Netflix is just as Yankee crap as Cinemax, give it back to where it belongs
Flag
Jockstrap. All for it.. UK did a far better job in season 1
Flag
Please!Please DO NOT END this series. Can easily go till season 6. We are just getting to know the characters. Again KEEP IT GOING.
Flag
One of the best series I have ever seen. Action Packed. after the last season it left me wanting more and more. I agree it could go for a few more seasons. But I do not think that it should be Americanized.
Cinemax - DO NOT CANCEL!!!!!!!!
Flag
Finally found a kick ass show and its gets canceled... Perfect... it should go for 6 seasons before it gets canned..
Flag
I literally just blew through 3 season in 3 days....Cinemax WTF! this show has at least 2-3 more season.
Flag
Strike Back is awesome. UNCANCEL IT Cinemax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is best terrorist hunt down and kill show I have ever watched. So Intense. I WANT MORE!!!! please!!!!
Flag
Sad to see it go but if they end if ok then I can live with it. If they ask me my opinion though, KEEPT GOING!!! :)
Flag
Happy that we will see a 4th season, but sad to see it go as I feel we're just starting to really get to know the characters and what makes them tick.
Flag
I do hate to see it go, but it also feels good to see a series go before it sucks - wich always inevitably happens if a series is up for too long.
Flag
This is a decent series...sucks its ending. Its good summer television. I gotta finish season 3 still, but its always good to be given a final season.

Well..at least I'll still have Banshee. Cinemax Is doing pretty well with original series.
Flag
Hate to see this series go. I wish there was an American remake of the British series 'The Fixer': John Mercer is a special forces guy who shoots the aunt and uncle who raised his sister because the uncle abused his sister and the aunt did nothing to stop him. He's sentenced for this but is released early in return for becoming a state sanctioned killer for some secret government agency.
Although he is blackmailed into killing for the state he finds out he likes to kill people but his love for his sister and her two kids help him to stay human. His partner Calumn (a thief and his cellmate from prison) annoys him terribly sometimes but also makes him laugh and brings out his protective streak. The British series was unfortunately cancelled after 2 seasons.
Flag
YESSSS! NOOOOO!
Flag
Is this the 1st season that they are rearing as the 4th? looks like. So they acutally just cancled it.
Flag
This ain't no place for a hero, this ain't no place for the better man, this ain't no place for a hero, to call home...sweet and sour news.
Flag
The show is worthy of praise for two male leads who were actually quite rounded characters unafraid of emotion and the many strong female characters it deployed.
This was/is the modern A Team - except where people actually die and not walk away dazed! I won't miss Scott's arse but I will miss the many fine boobs it attracted;)
Flag
Love it but damn it pisses me off when they kill off characters..
Flag
The character deaths are partly what make this show great. It adds doubt that the leads will survive.
Flag
True.. I am just pissed that they killed Rhona Mitra's character above the others frankly..
Flag
Now that is just sad :) It was a great action show with some comedy thrown in. I have watched all of them , including the 2 brittish seasons 1 and 2. I hope another network picks this up.
Flag
It's the best action show on TV when Banshee isn't on. I'm sad to see it go, but ya gotta go sometime. At least we still got Banshee. I hope they cook up something new and just as cool. They seem to have a knack for bat shit crazy action shows.
Flag
Yes i like what Cinemax has been doing lately. Strike Back and Banshee are both badass shows. Very sad news though.
Flag
Very sad to see them go, but it's always good when a show ends according to PLAN, rather than a sudden and unexpected cancellation.
Also, it's hard to keep things fresh and non-repetitive, so I'm all for "out with bang, not a whimper". :)
Flag
I love the show but is time to say goodbe it will be missed but I prefer a perfect ending over a cliffhanger cancellled show!
Flag
very excited, but this show will def b missed...
Flag
I agree with most of the comments below and it is quite a good show. The action is fantastic and It think expensive for a TV show. However it is time to end here. The original season 1 was the best. Season 2 was ok but it is getting repetitive now so ending it in season 4 is a good idea. Hopefully they really gives a good villian and a good story for season 4.
Flag
I don't care what Cinemax says, it's actually going to be season 5... they're just being stupid and finally airing season 1 here as Strike Back Origins...

bittersweet though, I like the show and I watch it even though it can kind of get annoying with the cliffhangers but I do genuinely enjoy it, and will miss seeing Philip Winchester kick all kinds of ass. I hope they knew going in it'd be the last so it can have a proper end, I just hope they don't take that to mean kill Scott and Stonebridge.
Flag
I fear eiher Scott, Stonebridge or both will die. It is the Strike Back way.
Flag
'Banshee' gave Cinemax a ratings number for its shows to aspire to, its a shame this show couldn't get 'Banshee' numbers. I think they both appeal to similar interests.

Damn, watching this season of 'Strike Back' makes me anxious for 'Banshee' with those awesome previews they've been putting out. JANUARY 10, 2014 EMMY WINNER 'BANSHEEEEEEE' IS COMING BACK!

Flag
This is the show where you can find the closest bromance this side of 'Supernatural' and it is a shame its canceled cause this was one of the good ones. Stonebridge and Scott will really be missed.

Hopefully they make it a great one, at least as good as this season was.

Flag
Though the stories aren't always the best (I enjoy the crap out of them, personally), this show has some of the best action sequences I've ever seen on television. Heck. This show's action is better than some of the action I've seen in movies.

Winchester and Stapleton are amazing at portraying military men as well. I've really been impressed with their "movements", if that makes any sense. Then again, that's probably due to some military consultant on the show training them. So, bravo to that person as well.

Man. I don't know whether to be sad or hyped. I AM a fan of shows going out on high-notes, rather than fizzling out craptastically, and this last season wasn't as good as some of the others... so, if they know they're going to end everything next season, maybe they'll put the pedal to the metal and really go effin' nuts for the remainder.

I guess I could be happy with that. Though I will miss the show and characters...
Flag
Ah that is too bad. Hopefully the show runners will come up with something new that we can enjoy. But both of the lead actors should have promising careers.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members