Stroker and Hoop Forums

Cartoon Network (ended 2005)

Stroker and Hoop Canceled / No Season 2

darthquint

[1]Mar 1, 2006
    • level: 3
    According to the creator's at adultswim:

"Hi gang, yer friendly neighborhood animator here and it saddens me to say that officially there will be no 2nd season for SnH.

Thats right, I repeat, NO 2nd season.

I wanted to post it here since I doubt there will be any official release regarding this. It was a great show, and we had a great time working on it. Jeff and Chris were kind enough to deliver us the news in person today. My hat is definitely off to them for that. Needless to say, we're all a lil bummed. But fear not!! Jeff and Chris aren't going anywhere, they're still writing at WS and hopefully something even more amazing will be coming forth from their pens in the future. It wasn't a case of the show not being funny or good enough, it was a financial decision... and a hard one to make at that. I don't think anyone at WS liked not picking it up for a 2nd season. So to sum up, a big thanks to Jeff and Chris for an experience I'll never forget (nor will my crew) and best of luck to them with everything in the future. Its not an end, just a new beginning. Thats about it... over n out!

~Les"

Oh well it was only like a 5/10 in my book anyway!! Just spreading the word!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

darthquint

[2]Mar 1, 2006
    If anyone has an adult swim message boards account you can view the offical post here:

http://boards.adultswim.com/adultswim/board/message?board.id=5&message.id=815699&view=by_date_ascending&page=1

All see all the cry-babies responses!!

marvelfan89

[3]Mar 6, 2006
    • level: 39
    I don’t know about crybabies, it had it’s fans I’d give it a 7/10 just for being a lot better than the crap they came up (12 oz. Mouse, Squidbillies). The news of it’s cancellation was already old news before you posted it.
    Edited on 03/06/2006 3:32am
    Edited 2 total times.

cwgodzilla

[4]Jun 5, 2006
    • level: 4
    So crap like "Tom Goes to the Mayor" gets a second season and "Stroker and Hoop" gets cancelled.  Now i KNOW they're smoeking something up at WS.

But hey, it was a great fun show, at least it got on the air.  And at least Venture Bros. is rightfully getting a second season.

But i have the feeling ratings for Stroker and Hoop weren't that bad, but crap like Tom Goes to the Mayor, Squidbillies, Perfect Hair Forever and 12 Oz Mouse are cheap to produce, so they get renewed.  Eesh.

marvelfan89

[5]Jun 12, 2006
    • level: 39

cwgodzilla wrote:
    So crap like "Tom Goes to the Mayor" gets a second season and "Stroker and Hoop" gets cancelled.  Now i KNOW they're smoeking something up at WS.

But hey, it was a great fun show, at least it got on the air.  And at least Venture Bros. is rightfully getting a second season.

But i have the feeling ratings for Stroker and Hoop weren't that bad, but crap like Tom Goes to the Mayor, Squidbillies, Perfect Hair Forever and 12 Oz Mouse are cheap to produce, so they get renewed.  Eesh.

I couldn´t have said it better myself.

Silverspud

[6]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 5
    S and H was hilarious, whitty, and violent. That's all the basic elements you need for a great show. When news reached my eyes fifteen seconds ago that it was cancelled, I as surprised. Oh well, I've seen better shows get shot down before their time.

And now a tribute to those that we've lost that didn't deserve it...

*emotional music starts playing*

Stroker and Hoop *applause*
    Stroker: "It probably wasn't a good idea to take my son to his own funeral."
    Hoop: "Oh dear dead ninja- eww gross dead hand."

Futurama *applause*
    Fry: "I feel like I was mauled by Jesus."
    Leela: "So every religion is wrong."
    Bender: "Bite my shiny metal ass!"

Megas XLR *major applause*
    Coop: "I'm good as solving things." *goes into flashback about fitting square block into circle space* *slams square through the wood*
    Jamie: "Yeah I've done lots of hero stuff..." *goes into random flashbacks of Coop's piloting, but their faces are switched*

That's all I can think off the top of my head.

danigro89

[7]Jun 14, 2006
    • level: 37

cwgodzilla wrote:

Yeah that's true, and this show is expensive. Tom Goes to the Mayor is very cheap, since the characters lips don't even move, their just pictures.

The only other expensive 22 minute shows are The Boondocks which is getting very good ratings, and The Venture Brothers which was just on the edge of cancellation but got an 11th hour renewal.

Anyway the creators were talking about a possible Season 1 DVD release that they are trying to get, so that is something to look forward to.

FF7FAN4EVR

[8]Jul 9, 2006
    • level: 2
    Perfect Hair isn't getting renewed. It only had 6 episodes.

FF7FAN4EVR

[9]Jul 9, 2006
    The one show on AS that deserves total attention is Fullmetal Alchemist. It's one of the best anime I've ever seen on AS!

Scummbuddy

[10]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 7
    I do believe that Jackson Publick said on his message boards that 12 oz Mouse, Tom goes... and all those other crappy shows get the same budget as Venture Brothers.

Venture brothes just spends their money better, while all I can think of the other shows is that they are just keeping all the money for themselves and putting out horribly made "animation".

doug4ever

[11]Aug 17, 2006
    • level: 10
    yeah and to tell guys whos on this forum and i mean everyone that my step brother solomon valle hates tom goes to the mayor

numberonecubsfa

[12]Sep 10, 2006
    • level: 6
    Damn it! Tom Goes to the Mayor and 12 oz. Mouse, two *horrible* shows, get renewed. But Stroker and Hoop, one of the few genuinely clever and well done shows Adult Swim has brought about in recent years, gets cancelled. No justice.

Splitterguy

[13]Sep 29, 2006

Give Tom and Mouse a chance!

They are my favorite shows.

They go in this order...(Only counting comedys)

1.Futurama                                                                                                                                       

2.Venture Bros.

3.Tom Goes to the Mayor

doug4ever

[14]Oct 1, 2006
    • level: 10
    hey tom goes to the mayor isnt that bad but my step brother hates that show i kinda like tom goes to the mayor but 12 oz mouse im sorry but i hate that show

DarkAngle34994

[15]Nov 15, 2006
    • level: 29
    Why did they cancel it I like Stoker and Hoop.

JamesL007

[16]May 16, 2007
    Its time to get revenage on them for cancelling a good show, start spamming them like crazy over there on Adultswims website saying you want your SnH back.

bobonodod

[17]Oct 11, 2007
    • level: 5
    Why would they cancel a great show like this but put on crap like eric & tim awesome show. I don't get it.

Tophat-Charden

[18]Aug 5, 2008
    • level: 4
    bobonodod wrote:
    Why would they cancel a great show like this but put on crap like eric & tim awesome show. I don't get it.

Tim & Eric must be doing something right because they've had Tom Goes to The Mayor on AS and 2/3 Seasons of Awesome Show as well

I do miss Stroker and Hoop lots though I can't say there isn't a episode I don't enjoy of this show. Wish it came out on Dvd or something.

schellis

[19]Aug 7, 2008

Stroker and Hoop wasn't must see or anything for me, but it was one of the better AS shows in recent years. I appreciate animation so if I'm going to watch something generally it has to look better then something that I could do in the fifth grade or with my left hand. I would have watched Stroker, which is more then I can say for 95% of the current lineup they run out there of new shows. Venture Brothers is it for me now. Its a shame when the well done shows get canceled and the horrible crap keeps getting renewed because its cheap.

I'm just glad that I have a good sized collection of animated dvds so I can do my own programming and I would be happy to add Stoker to it.

Just happened to check to see if they were ever going to do a second season after noticing that AS is reairing the first, I'd stay up and watch it, but well has to be something good on before it or I fall asleep.