Strong Medicine

Lifetime (ended 2006)

laurameyer

Strong Medicine Fan Reviews (55)

• Their worlds couldn't be more different but their commitment and passion brings them together. Strong Medicine is a sometimes intense, sometimes hilarious medical drama that takes us inside the world of street level medicine.

I used to love this show, but now I don't like it anymore, all the nice aspects of the serie are gone and maybe it's just because they show it at such a stupid time here (10.00 pm) but I can't seem to watch a whole episode. I hope they'll move this show to another time and improve the series.
  • It is so bad ,I just can´t believe how bad it was :S

2.5
    I´m not going to waste time writeing a review .... But there are som rules about having 50 words. So if you don´t have 30 minutes to throw out the window , then don´t bother watching this show. Go watch Prison break , Lost , 24 , American dad , Simpsons , Desperate Housewives , Smallville or Charmed.
  • Strong Medicine is a fantastic show that unfortunately keeps getting worse with each replacement of the lead star. Janine Turner was the best, Patricia Richardson was pretty good, and Rick Schroder is horrible so far.

I started watching Strong Medicine in the summer of 2003, right at the beginning of season 4. While I haven't watched Strong Medicine since Day One, I have seen every episode now (thanks to Lifetime's wonderful, wonderful weekday repeats). Strong Medicine is BY FAR my favorite medical show and ER, House, and Grey's Anatomy pale in comparison to it (too bad the rest of America doesn't agree with me). It's great that it deals with women's health issues and is a perfect fit for Lifetime. Critics call it predictable so I must be really stupid since I rarely can predict anything on the show. Janine Turner is my favorite actress and the episodes with her are priceless. It's quite a shame that she decided to leave. I'd rate the seasons with her a perfect 10. Patricia Richardson was great and I appreciate her a LOT more now that she's gone and somebody horrible has replaced her. I'd rate the seasons with her 9.9. Rick Schroder is horrible (as I just mentioned haha) and so far his character is driving me crazy! If I were to just rate season six so far, the show would be down to an 8. If it weren't for Rosa Blasi, it'd be much lower than that! She is the "heart" of the show. While I've always claimed to like Dana and Andy more than Lu, truthfully I like Lu every bit as much as them. She is a strong woman who is a fantastic role model. While she's made many mistakes, she's learned from them. This brings me to Lana (played by the hilarious Jenifer Lewis), who's also made many mistakes in life and learned from them. Lana is one of my favorite characters and I look forward to scenes with her. Peter is just, well, Peter. Sometimes I like him, sometimes I don't like him, but overall I'm neutral about him. I like that he's committed to animal rights and that he seems like a really nice person but he pales in comparison to Dana, Lana, Lu, Andy, and Kayla. Speaking of Kayla, Tamera Mowry is a fantastic addition to the show. I enjoyed Sister, Sister and it's cool to see her all grown up and on her own. While I'm not a big Peter-Kayla fan, I still love Kayla and she made season 5 better than any other season without Janine Turner. I miss Dr. Jackson already. Even though he hadn't been in the episodes much lately, it was always fun to see him. He cracked me up with his obsession with "the bottom line". Call me crazy but I absolutely adore the main title sequence! The theme song makes me want to hum along, even though it sounds like a bunch of mumbo jumbo! Strong Medicine is by far the best medical drama ever and although it is definitely going downhill, the episodes are still definitely worth watching.
  • Could be counsidered entertaining...

6.4
    Yup, Strong Medicine does go "over the top" frequently, but what hospital show or courtroom or detective/police drama hasn't? And yes, it also flaunts a decidedly feminist perspective, but what else would you expect from Whoopi Goldberg on Lifetime TV? Strong Medicine is not intended to reflect reality all the time, because if it did, it would either be too gory or too boring to have entertainment value. The acting is very credible, the writing is creative and sensitive and the direction is first-rate though not unusually clever for an emergency room show.

Rittenhouse Hospital doesn't exist (I did a quick search) and its characters and patients are fictitious. But the entertainment industry asks us to suspend our logic and common sense every day for the sake of, well...being entertained. And we do it gladly.

So sit back and relax and watch "Lu", "Andy Campbell" and the rest of the Rittenhouse staff tackle fascinating women's health issues with their usual confidence, expertise and sense of humor -- and OK, a bit more schmaltz and drama, just for fun.
  • Good show.

I don't get to watch this show as much as I'd like. It's on the back burner when it comes to other shows I tend to watch, but that doesn't make it any less of a show. I still love this show and Lou is easy to relate to. The fast paced episodes are fun to watch and easy to follow.
  • Strong Medicine, very good medical drama. Superb storylines among other real life episodes and endings. Handsome cast also.

Finally a medical drama that stands up to the previous 70's drama Medical Center. Though cast and crew aren,t similar the story line of real life episodes about people are on the money. More intense than most it does deal with real life situations that most would have been embarrassed to bring out. Considering all the new issues in the medical community, the show does a great job of entertaining,influencing,and last but not least educating the audience about everyday issues most networks don't touch on.Another feature of the show is the different backgrounds of the actors parts of the show. From the rich and influential to the poor and helpless all fitting together to make a community work. Landmark show.
  • One of the best medical shows-and I only have 3 drama-medical shows that I've ever liked!

I loved this show (Strong Medicine) and enjoyed the down-to-earth main Dr's (Turner and Blasi), as well as the morality and the great stories. I'm astonished that there is no place on the web that is replaying the episodes. I was totally addicted!
  • I love that show, is the first one show of medicine that I see in my life, and I believe that is marvelous because one can see two professional women of different cultures, social status, to do its work of a different form.

I love that show, is the first one show of medicine that I see in my life, and I believe that is marvelous because one can see two professional women of different cultures, social status, to do its work of a different form. Also as the problems of their patients, are theirs. A good programs, with at times sad, serious, and humorous situations.

Please Forgive My Grammar, I Don't Speaks English.
  • The best show on lifetime.

Bring back Strong Medicine. I used to watch it every week. I watched it when Dana was on it. Then I watched it when Andy was on it. Then I watched it with Dylan. I am just glad that they never got rid of Lue. She was my favorite. I wished that Andy would of stayed on it though. Peter & Kayla make a nice couple. I knew that Lana and Peter would never leave Lue to get a new job. I wish that they would of never canceled the show. Please bring it back. I love Strong Medicine. I need it.
  • I love this show!!!!

This show is getting alot better. She is married and pregnant but I have one question Where is her son?? In the last season (I did miss about 3 shows) I never saw any remarks or anything that she even has a son. I know he is off to college but they should comment about him in atleast one episode. At least when his little sister is born.
  • The show is about the doctors that work in the RWHC and their lives in and out of the hospital. It is funny, but serious and the cast is always able to make it seem like you are in the middle of a real hospital.

Strong Medicine is both tough and tender, pulling your heart-strings one moment, making you laugh the next, and even making you hold your breath during each episode. I find the show to be a realistic portral of a real hospital, with real doctors and patients. It gives you a better idea of what goes on inside a hospital's doors.
  • The show is wonderful, entertaining yet so full of lessons and heart warming episodes.Please replace have someone for Dr Lu, i got sad when Mickey died in Season 3, they are meant for each other,im a fan of Rosa, she\'s so cool. goodluck more to shows t

The show is great and wonderful, full of emotions and yet the essence of the medical situation and drama in the hospital is clearly seen plus the personal lives of the characters involved. Rosa Blasi & Patricia are well blended. Keep up the good work and stay more on TV always
  • Strong Medicine is a STRONG hit!!!

I am a BIG fan of Strong Medicine. I used to watch it every weekday but have not had the time to view it since so many changes have taken place. I have read that Dr. Jackson has been replaced, and that makes me sad…his was a good character. I have not seen any of the new episodes with Rick Schroder, but as I have never been a big fan, I am concerned that this cast change may, in my eyes, hurt the show, (My daughter still loves the show however). I do not like that they replaced Andy with a man though…it was so nice to have a show FOR women, ABOUT women…one that showed that woman can do anything a man can do, sometimes even better.
  • Wonderful medical drama, but did we need Rick Schroder?

This is one of my favorite shows out there. Each week I tune in because it gives valuable information for women's medical issues a lot of other medical dramas don't touch. It also gives medical information for issues you don't hear about a lot like lupus, which my great aunt died of. The first few seasons where great, Janine Turner and Patricia Richardson each brought different qualities to the show and it worked perfectly. However, did we all really need Rick Schroder coming in and ruining all that girl power? I liked the show better when it was about Lu and her other female doctors Dana Stowe and Andy Campbell, Schroder is just ruining it for me. However, I still watch for the storylines.
  • Excellent drama

Strong Medicine is an intelligent drama dealing with issues from a women's perspective, not seen very often on TV. The story lines are full of thoughtfully resolved problems that I have experienced in my life. I can see if I were younger, it would help me understand why things go the way they do in life. I like the various characters, and the wide diversity in terms of their ethnic and economic background. I also like that they generally support each other, develop friendships, and understand them. The characters are not cardboard, and I really wish it were put on network television. It was hard to find it, and the friends I've recommended it to, love it as well. I'm glad there is not too much gore, as the ER series has started to have, so I can learn about hospital life without seeing body parts and lots of blood.
  • STRONG MEDICINE

This Medical show never came to Canada. . Just finished watching all the shows on Netflix. This is the best medical programs that I have seen. It is both educational and addictive.
  • The best show for families to watch together, young and old. Very informative & addictive. Powerful stories of true situations happening in our world today. It brings laughter & tears! Best Reality Show Ever Made! Brillant!

The Most Powerful, informative & addictive show that brings true situations (happening in lives today) to life. You will cry, laugh and cover your mouth from emotions stirred up. It educates and informs about topics and issues dealing with health, relationships and life that some have never known was real and/or could deal with. My Favorite, was the episode where Dr. Lu was raped and they showed the actual rape kit procedure being performed. I have never seen that shown before. My daughter seen for the first time what women go through, for real.. I cried, since it brought back feelings I had went through.. That is Just ONE example of how REAL the show is.. Love It! My 13 year old is also addicted to the show. Our only complaint is that it is no longer on Liftime cable channel! We are devistated that our mother/daughter strong medicine dates are over!
  • excellent show best on T.V. ROSA BLASI IS ACES SHE'S THE SHOW THE SECONDARY DOC BE IT JANINE TURNER/RICHARSON/OR SHRODER FOR ROSA TO SHOW HER TALENTS!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN IS THE SHOW COMING BACK

excellent real drama better tan e.r. in its hay-day

please bring back the show i will watch it at any time of the day rosa blasi is aces even when janine turner departed
    and then richardson departed the show did not miss 1 beat
    pleas advise as to who i need to contact to assure that s/m comes back to a television in my home ED KHAMIS/E-MAIL/EDKHAMIS@AOL.COM
  • Luvin it!

This show really was such a great precursor to shows like House and Greys Anatomy. I'm very glad that it had a nice 7 years running. The writers for this show were absolutely brilliant but towards the end it started feeling a little empty, not quite like a hospital at all.
    I was personally loving that the cute tall white guy was with a black chick, Tamara Mowry. It gave me such hope...
  • Got to love that Lou

Lou is the best doctor I have ever scene in my life. She cares about the people and fights for them, I think that is so cool. My favortie parter was Andy Camble. I thought it was so cool when they brought Dr. Thorten to the show. It was so cool. Who could not love Lana. She was the best one in the show. Jonas I think would make the best husband and father ever. Not because of the money but of his love for her, and any man who loves a woman like that they should love his child the same way or more. He shoewed when he loved Lou the most when Lou got shot and he drove on the street and ran stoplights. That is a true man there.
  • WHY DID IT GO AWAY?????????????????????

I loved Strong Medicine. I have been a faithful watcher for three years. It was like the best rated show on Lifetime and the new shows lifetime has now, they are crappy. I know that all shows have to come to an end, which I am usually okay with. But when Lifetime stopped showing Strong Medicine except for the wee hours of the night that ticked me off. Why can't they show it at five anymore like they used to? or four? or any time during the day when normal people are awake? I tell ya, TV people are smoking somethin'. Anyway, the show rocks, everyone should watch an episode or two because you will fall in love with it. Personally it is one of the better medical Dramas because it puts an equal amount of focus on patients as it does the doctors.
  • I absolutely LOVE this show!

Why is this show called strog medicine?
    It is called strong medicine because the octors are strong and so is the medicine hence the name strong medicine!
    Lu is a doctor and the mothr of Mark. Lu is the nicest person on Strong Medicine. She helps peopleno matter the risk. In 1 episode she let herself get arrested after she stopped the police from beating up a ill diabetic woman.
    the head doctor whose name I can't remember has two daughters.And she rents out a room to another doctor.
    Lawra is a black secatary for the hospital. She's always in everybodys buisness. And she cares alot for the doctors. And she always tries to help.
    They are the only three people whose names I can remember.
  • It's a show about doctors who save lives!

I love this show! I wish it didnt have to end. The end episode was shocking! Her husband had to basically deliver their child! I still watch the re-runs of this show! It doesn't matter if you've seen the episode before, you can still watch it over and over. I also missed Janine Turner (Dana Stoew) on the show. I wish they would have brought her back a couple of times. Her story of adopting those two girls was so sweet! This was one of my fave doctor shows ever. I fell in love with all the characters on it.
  • Touching show on Doctors as humans

This show has made a distinct impression on me right from the time I first saw it from the middle of the 3rd season. What struck me as different in this serial was the way mere actors turned themselves into onscreen angels by putting their heart into their potrayal as Doctors. My particular reference is to Dr Lu, who is actually quite different from our everyday doctors due to her sentivity and caring for her patients. Most doctors are like Dr Andy, tough, indifferent souls from the outside for whom we are just a diseased mass. Dr Lu is different. The patients under her care trust her and wish to cure themselves. That by itself is half the job done. The same holds for her colleauges who seek her opinion or former friends & fellow mmebers of her various counselling sessions. She also seems to get the most trickiest and touching of cases such as women molestors, cancer ridden children whose parents leave them or colleauges whom she loudly defends in the face of positive drug tests. Her acting is superb and doctors like her can really aid in a fast recovery and if that's not possible atleast a graceful death. Perhaps there was something in her which made the dying mom of her former classmate and current boyfriend( I'm in Season 3) turn to her for saying her last words. Dr Andy also has her share of touching cases like diseased child immigrants, employees stealing drugs for grandmother's memory or a girl with former polio aspiring to go into army. She treats them sternly but with inner feeling of care. Most doctors are like her. Andy and Lu balance each other and through this serial we get a glimpse of not just women's problems but societal problems evidenced from the care of low to medium rung patients in a small but sophisticted hospital.
  • How can a network cancel one of its best shows?

Lifetime you are making a BIG mistake! Why would you take off one of the best shows you have on your network. Strong Medicine has help so many women with medical questions and problems feel like there is help out there for them. They are able to speak more freely to their doctors. This show has it all from drama to action to comedy. Lifetime please reconsider!
  • I love watching Strong Medicine

Rosa Blasi rules and so is everyone else. I hope you won't take the show off. that show rules in my house. because me and my sister watches it every sunday night on Lifetime TV. there lot people out there is big fan of Strong Medicine
    always forever. Strong Medicine rules
  • My 10yr was the one to get the whole family watching the show and since that time we have never missed an episode when we couldnt watch it, it was time for TVio to have the show recorded for us, so please keep sm going .

I hope that sm is not removed from the shows line up because Im hearing that the show was cancelled and I pray that it is kept on because the cast from sm is great and real and rosa blasi is a great actress and lana too the whole case is great so i can't wait for the show to get back to it original timeslot but if not at least keep sm from being taken off air i don't know what i will tell my family especially my daughters and of course my husband..
  • WHY ARE YOU TAKING STRONG MEDICINE OFF THE AIR?

i love strong medicine. it's my absolute favorite show on this entire planet. it's the only show that has helped me medically as well as educationally. it's a great show and no one understands why it's not being shown anymore and why it's getting done in February 2006. if someone can explain that one to me i would be greatful. this is the only show i actually care to watch on TV right now, there's not much other stuff on for interesting medical dramas that catch my interest like strong medicine did. the chemistry between the cast members is awesome and the way the show makes you feel like you're part of their lives is awesome. it's such a well done and well thought out show i can't believe it's getting done. whoever chose to do that wasn't thinking clearly. if lifetime doesn't want to air it anymore that's one thing, you can't tell me there's not another station out there that's willing to carry this high ratings grabbing of a show. it's just such a sad thing to see a great show get thrown out in it's prime.
  • O my gosh this show is the best show in the world. I hate that lifetime stopped showing it on the weekdays.

Strong medicine is tthe best show in the world. Dr. Lousia Delgado has inspired me to become an OBGYN. SHe is the greatest actress in the world. My favorite episode is when Lu found out that she was pregnant I went crazy. I was so happy that I almost knocked my self over on the stairs when I was running down to tell my little sister.
  • Wonderful drama with great character interactions and enough humor to allow serious subject matter. I wish I had found this much sooner.

Great character interactions. I love the humor. The male nurse and the receptionist are wonderful characters. I only recently found this show and now I hear that it is going to be cancelled. I wish the network would reconsider that decision. Changes in actors has not hurt this show as it has on others. The writing remains excellent.
< 1 2