Strong Medicine

Lifetime (ended 2006)

laurameyer

Strong Medicine Fan Reviews (55)

• Do not make the mistake of taking it off!

Lifetime, do NOT make the big mistake of taking Strong Medicine off the air! Yes, I understand you need to make room for new shows, but you absolutley cannot remove your best primetime drama! Everyone in the family can sit and watch the staff of Rittenhouse Womens Health Center! 2006 is not going to be a good year for Lifetime Television! You truly are making a HUGE mistake!
  • How great was the season premire? SHE\'S GETTING MARRIED :) I love this show. I think that Rick\'s character and Lou are going to work really well together in the end. I can\'t believe that they shot her, but i love that that was her decision to get marr

How great was the season premire? SHE'S GETTING MARRIED :) I love this show. I think that Rick's character and Lou are going to work really well together in the end. I can't believe that they shot her, but i love that that was her decision to get married. I can't wait for the next episode.
  • All the characters on the show are amazing and very talented. I have always liked Rick Shroder. The story lines are not only entertaining but very informative. You need to bring the show back.

There is not much on TV anymore that is worth watching. The realality shows are not informative or worth watching. We watch Strong medicine as a family every sunday night. It is very informative and very educational. It has helped a lot of people. The show has many good qualities about it. When a show helps people deal with everyday realities of this harsh world. Its worth keeping. When something works, You don't take it apart. You keep it just as it is!!!
  • What a great show!

Strong Medicine is such a great show. I wish it could have stayed on a little bit longer. I just started watching the show last year and I feel in love with it. I'm always happy when I watch an episode of Strong Medicine. It just makes my day. I love watching doctor shows and this is one of my favories. The show has so many great views on how to handle things like abuse and drugs. The characters themselves were even put into the part of being raped or abused. And the actors on the shows play so great of a role. I would love to have the show back, but I guess i'll have to buy the dvds.
  • ALL-AROUND GREAT SHOW!!! YOU'LL HAVE TO WATCH FOR YOURSELF.

I really enjoyed Strong Medicine. It is my FAVORITE show even if they...STOPPED RENEWING THE EPISODES!!! It makes me so upset that I have to stay up late at night to watch such a good, long-running show. Strong Medicine will always be my favorite show. Rosa Blasi-Finn practically made the show. She's been in every season and every episode. She has always been my favorite actress, she...omigosh, I can't even being to explain what an inspiration she and Strong Medicine have been to me. Rosa Blasi and Strong Medicine will always been my all-time personal favorites...no matter what good new shows air. I don't know WHY they EVER stopped renewing the seasons of such a great show that almost everyone enjoys.
  • This show not only informed me about the medical challenges of becoming a physician, but it also gave me hope that someday maybe I can be that wise in understanding the ways of the human body as well as the mind and spirit of the person.

It caught my eye when I was flipping through the channels. It dealt with women doctors and their patients, but I learned more than that. I learned that sometimes you have to make life changing decisions for the good of the patient and their families. The more I looked at the show the more I realized what a powerful struggle it is to be a physician especially if you're a woman. I've always wanted to be a good physician someday and Strong Medicine was exactly what I needed. It gave me confidence to face the world and let everyone know that just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I need or want any special treatment. I'm just doing what I love just like everyone else.
  • This is my favrotite show ever I am constantly either watching it or talking about it! The writers are really original as far as the medical aspects they persue and I have learned alot watching this show about women\'s health!

I watch this show no matter what and lately every time I see it I cry because I know that soon it will not be on any more. This show reaches aspects of women\'s health that I never knew about before and will later on help me in the career that I want to persue which is a Women\'s Health Specialist. I would have never even thought about this until I saw this show and now I am totally hooked. I don\'t think the writers or producer of this show could have done a better job at choosing the characters or the plot of this show and it will really trully be missed by me and lots of other.
  • This is the best show. I love it!!

I think that lifetime is not going to be as good with out this show. I know that I won't be watching lifetime like I use to with out this show. It was great a I loved the cast!!! I would make sure I was home at 4:00 everday to watch it and now i can't.
  • Strong medicine is about doctors trying to help people.

I think this show is better than ER by a little.I've only been watching Strong Medicine for a few months and i'm hooked.You should watch it if you haven't already.Idon't have a favorite episode because I loved all the episodes i've watched so far and I hope there continues to be more.
  • 2 doctors who differ in thinking and background. One is rich, the other is economical, one is conservative, the other is liberal. Both are developed well and even the secondary characters roles are well developed. Captivating drama that deals with the str

This show could best be classified as informative and dramatic. I touches tugs at the heart and involves the audience in apersonal way. One feels as if they knows the characters personally. The show deals with real life medical dramas that unfold in every ER around the country. It centers most of its focus on deep moral issues in which the two main doctors who are brilliant in their acting disagree on. The end of each episode leaves the onlooker to examine both sides of an issue and either decide for themselves what the correct course of action would have been or to at the very least, be sensitive to the dilemma. Strong Medicine is both captivating and informative and every person should watch the show.
  • Strong Medicine is the most incredible show I have seen on television ever. The topics concerning breast cancer have been the greatest and toughest ones for me to watch, because my mother recently died from this disease. I want to say is keep them comi

Strong Medicine is the most incredible show I have seen on television ever. The topics concerning breast cancer have been the greatest and toughest ones for me to watch, because my mother recently died from this disease. I want to say keep them coming and thank-you.

Sincerely, Ortancia Murphy
  • Why do they do this!!!

I agree with one of the reader's when they said bring it back and why did it go? I know I have said it in some of my other reviews and saying it again, never fails when u like somtething and really get into it, it goes away and they never make enough for re-runs to watch. I think her name is Patricia from "Home Improvement", tool time taylor's wife, I dont remember been awhile back but do know that she came from there but didnt even have a clue that they did this show with her until now, way behind I know, I am now watching this show until the re-runs runs out, guess I have awhile since it has been what back in 2000, well I can enjoy it for awhile and hope before they run out it may come back, the only part of the show I didnt care for is the little conference they all have before the actual show, and it is kind of like "ER", only just for women.
  • Enter Dr. West...

The 6th season opener of SM was a little overwhelming. The introduction of 2 main characters and the loss of 2 or more, not to mention Lu getting shot, was enough to make any SM fan a little shook up. Andy is gone, and replaced with Dr. Dylan West, played by Rick Schroeder. Sorry to his fans, but I don’t find him particularly attractive, and I don’t understand why he was asked to join the cast. I liked how SM was so female-driven, but at least Lu and Jonah seem to have sealed the deal, preventing a clichéd and predictable romance between the 2 leads. Of course, Lu clashes with Dylan, as she seems to hate all men upon meeting them simply because of their gender (and later she sleeps with them…can’t say I get how she goes from being totally hostile to a giggly girlfriend. It happened with Ben and Jonah, to name 2.) But this time, it’s only intensified by the fact that when Lu was an intern, he was a surgeon, and he nicknamed her St. Helen’s because of an embarrassing medical flub she committed. Lu considers him extremely egotistical and impossible to work with. Dr. Jackson is also gone, “forced out” by the new head of Rittenhouse, a bitchy woman who wants to nix the free clinic altogether. Peter didn’t appear in this episode, making me wonder.
    This ep’s Rittenhouse patients had more severe issues than most. Isabel, who is 28 weeks pregnant, is in a car accident. She needs surgery to relieve brain swelling, but she says she would rather be brain-dead and kept alive by machine until the baby reaches term, instead of risking the baby’s life by going through with the operation. She makes her husband promise to obey her wishes, but once she becomes unconscious, Dylan manages to talk him into consenting for the surgery, saying it’s the only hope for mother and child. The baby is born very premature due to complications during the surgery, but fortunately, both survive.
    Lu has a bipolar patient named Delia, who comes to Lu in a manic state. She had gone off her meds and into a sever depression, stealing the car of her sister’s friend and parking on the train tracks, waiting for a train to hit her. Her mood suddenly elevated, and she abandoned the car, rushing to Lu in her excitement. A horrified Lu realizes the car is still on the tracks, but it is too late. Eight people are killed, and many more injured. Dylan wants her to report the incident right away, considering that the cops are now after the owner of the car, but Lu doesn’t think Delia can handle it right now, and instead sends her to the psych ward. A fight over this causes Lu to storm out of the clinic.
    That night she is set to meet Jonah for dinner to give him an answer to his proposal. But right near her apartment, a guy jumps her. She willingly gives him her purse, but when he asks for the ring, she refuses, and he shoots her. Lu lies bleeding heavily in an alley. Dylan comes to her apartment to try and work something out, and Jonah, who has been waiting for her at the restaurant, also shows up. The two men become worried that Lu isn’t answering her door or the phone, but suddenly they hear the ringer on her cell. They rush Lu back to the hospital, but the blood Lu needs, B-negative, is very rare, and Rittenhouse’s supply is reserved for the president, who is in town. Agent Norton, who I assume is from the Secret Service, won’t authorize use of the blood until the President is safely in his plane. However, Jonah poses over the phone as the agent, and Lu is rushed into surgery. Dylan ends up saving her life.
    When Lu awakens, she seems to make peace with Dylan, and accepts Jonah’s proposal. She also learns that once Delia got back on her meds, she realized what happened, and called the cops herself.
    Interestingly, at the end of the episode, Dylan pays special attention to Kayla with the whole don’t drive thing. Either this was the way the writers chose to introduce the idea that Dylan is haunted by a car accident from his past, or it could be that they plan to set the two of them up. Last season she and Peter were involved, but this added to my suspicion that maybe Peter is gone after all. Dylan seems so much older than Kayla that I think we’d have a creepy Tom Cruise- Katie Holmes thing going on. I have no idea what direction the show will take. I have a feeling if Lu gets married, it wouldn’t be surprising if she got pregnant soon after. More will obviously be revealed about Dylan’s past, and Kayla will become a bigger part of the show. I hope that woman who wants to get rid of the clinic doesn’t become a major character, and I also hope that maybe Andy comes back for a guest spot. I very much preferred her over Dana, and I probably will prefer her over Dylan. Now that Mark is gone and Andy’s kids are no longer part of the show, they will have to find something new to center on in the personal lives of the Rittenhouse staff, which leads me to believe Dylan may have some things to hide. And how will Lu react to being married to a millionaire, considering how she feels about the wealthy? We shall have to wait and see…….and oddly, as I was finishing this review I saw a commercial for next week’s ep and its all about revealing Dylan’s mysterious past. How right was I?
  • STRONG MEDICINE

This Medical show never came to Canada. . Just finished watching all the shows on Netflix. This is the best medical programs that I have seen. It is both educational and addictive.
  • The best show for families to watch together, young and old. Very informative & addictive. Powerful stories of true situations happening in our world today. It brings laughter & tears! Best Reality Show Ever Made! Brillant!

The Most Powerful, informative & addictive show that brings true situations (happening in lives today) to life. You will cry, laugh and cover your mouth from emotions stirred up. It educates and informs about topics and issues dealing with health, relationships and life that some have never known was real and/or could deal with. My Favorite, was the episode where Dr. Lu was raped and they showed the actual rape kit procedure being performed. I have never seen that shown before. My daughter seen for the first time what women go through, for real.. I cried, since it brought back feelings I had went through.. That is Just ONE example of how REAL the show is.. Love It! My 13 year old is also addicted to the show. Our only complaint is that it is no longer on Liftime cable channel! We are devistated that our mother/daughter strong medicine dates are over!
  • excellent show best on T.V. ROSA BLASI IS ACES SHE'S THE SHOW THE SECONDARY DOC BE IT JANINE TURNER/RICHARSON/OR SHRODER FOR ROSA TO SHOW HER TALENTS!!!!!!!!!!!! WHEN IS THE SHOW COMING BACK

excellent real drama better tan e.r. in its hay-day

please bring back the show i will watch it at any time of the day rosa blasi is aces even when janine turner departed
    and then richardson departed the show did not miss 1 beat
    pleas advise as to who i need to contact to assure that s/m comes back to a television in my home ED KHAMIS/E-MAIL/EDKHAMIS@AOL.COM
  • Luvin it!

This show really was such a great precursor to shows like House and Greys Anatomy. I'm very glad that it had a nice 7 years running. The writers for this show were absolutely brilliant but towards the end it started feeling a little empty, not quite like a hospital at all.
    I was personally loving that the cute tall white guy was with a black chick, Tamara Mowry. It gave me such hope...
  • Got to love that Lou

Lou is the best doctor I have ever scene in my life. She cares about the people and fights for them, I think that is so cool. My favortie parter was Andy Camble. I thought it was so cool when they brought Dr. Thorten to the show. It was so cool. Who could not love Lana. She was the best one in the show. Jonas I think would make the best husband and father ever. Not because of the money but of his love for her, and any man who loves a woman like that they should love his child the same way or more. He shoewed when he loved Lou the most when Lou got shot and he drove on the street and ran stoplights. That is a true man there.
  • WHY DID IT GO AWAY?????????????????????

I loved Strong Medicine. I have been a faithful watcher for three years. It was like the best rated show on Lifetime and the new shows lifetime has now, they are crappy. I know that all shows have to come to an end, which I am usually okay with. But when Lifetime stopped showing Strong Medicine except for the wee hours of the night that ticked me off. Why can't they show it at five anymore like they used to? or four? or any time during the day when normal people are awake? I tell ya, TV people are smoking somethin'. Anyway, the show rocks, everyone should watch an episode or two because you will fall in love with it. Personally it is one of the better medical Dramas because it puts an equal amount of focus on patients as it does the doctors.
  • I absolutely LOVE this show!

Why is this show called strog medicine?
    It is called strong medicine because the octors are strong and so is the medicine hence the name strong medicine!
    Lu is a doctor and the mothr of Mark. Lu is the nicest person on Strong Medicine. She helps peopleno matter the risk. In 1 episode she let herself get arrested after she stopped the police from beating up a ill diabetic woman.
    the head doctor whose name I can't remember has two daughters.And she rents out a room to another doctor.
    Lawra is a black secatary for the hospital. She's always in everybodys buisness. And she cares alot for the doctors. And she always tries to help.
    They are the only three people whose names I can remember.
  • It's a show about doctors who save lives!

I love this show! I wish it didnt have to end. The end episode was shocking! Her husband had to basically deliver their child! I still watch the re-runs of this show! It doesn't matter if you've seen the episode before, you can still watch it over and over. I also missed Janine Turner (Dana Stoew) on the show. I wish they would have brought her back a couple of times. Her story of adopting those two girls was so sweet! This was one of my fave doctor shows ever. I fell in love with all the characters on it.
  • Touching show on Doctors as humans

This show has made a distinct impression on me right from the time I first saw it from the middle of the 3rd season. What struck me as different in this serial was the way mere actors turned themselves into onscreen angels by putting their heart into their potrayal as Doctors. My particular reference is to Dr Lu, who is actually quite different from our everyday doctors due to her sentivity and caring for her patients. Most doctors are like Dr Andy, tough, indifferent souls from the outside for whom we are just a diseased mass. Dr Lu is different. The patients under her care trust her and wish to cure themselves. That by itself is half the job done. The same holds for her colleauges who seek her opinion or former friends & fellow mmebers of her various counselling sessions. She also seems to get the most trickiest and touching of cases such as women molestors, cancer ridden children whose parents leave them or colleauges whom she loudly defends in the face of positive drug tests. Her acting is superb and doctors like her can really aid in a fast recovery and if that's not possible atleast a graceful death. Perhaps there was something in her which made the dying mom of her former classmate and current boyfriend( I'm in Season 3) turn to her for saying her last words. Dr Andy also has her share of touching cases like diseased child immigrants, employees stealing drugs for grandmother's memory or a girl with former polio aspiring to go into army. She treats them sternly but with inner feeling of care. Most doctors are like her. Andy and Lu balance each other and through this serial we get a glimpse of not just women's problems but societal problems evidenced from the care of low to medium rung patients in a small but sophisticted hospital.
  • How can a network cancel one of its best shows?

Lifetime you are making a BIG mistake! Why would you take off one of the best shows you have on your network. Strong Medicine has help so many women with medical questions and problems feel like there is help out there for them. They are able to speak more freely to their doctors. This show has it all from drama to action to comedy. Lifetime please reconsider!
  • I love watching Strong Medicine

Rosa Blasi rules and so is everyone else. I hope you won't take the show off. that show rules in my house. because me and my sister watches it every sunday night on Lifetime TV. there lot people out there is big fan of Strong Medicine
    always forever. Strong Medicine rules
  • My 10yr was the one to get the whole family watching the show and since that time we have never missed an episode when we couldnt watch it, it was time for TVio to have the show recorded for us, so please keep sm going .

I hope that sm is not removed from the shows line up because Im hearing that the show was cancelled and I pray that it is kept on because the cast from sm is great and real and rosa blasi is a great actress and lana too the whole case is great so i can't wait for the show to get back to it original timeslot but if not at least keep sm from being taken off air i don't know what i will tell my family especially my daughters and of course my husband..
  • WHY ARE YOU TAKING STRONG MEDICINE OFF THE AIR?

i love strong medicine. it's my absolute favorite show on this entire planet. it's the only show that has helped me medically as well as educationally. it's a great show and no one understands why it's not being shown anymore and why it's getting done in February 2006. if someone can explain that one to me i would be greatful. this is the only show i actually care to watch on TV right now, there's not much other stuff on for interesting medical dramas that catch my interest like strong medicine did. the chemistry between the cast members is awesome and the way the show makes you feel like you're part of their lives is awesome. it's such a well done and well thought out show i can't believe it's getting done. whoever chose to do that wasn't thinking clearly. if lifetime doesn't want to air it anymore that's one thing, you can't tell me there's not another station out there that's willing to carry this high ratings grabbing of a show. it's just such a sad thing to see a great show get thrown out in it's prime.
  • O my gosh this show is the best show in the world. I hate that lifetime stopped showing it on the weekdays.

Strong medicine is tthe best show in the world. Dr. Lousia Delgado has inspired me to become an OBGYN. SHe is the greatest actress in the world. My favorite episode is when Lu found out that she was pregnant I went crazy. I was so happy that I almost knocked my self over on the stairs when I was running down to tell my little sister.
  • Wonderful drama with great character interactions and enough humor to allow serious subject matter. I wish I had found this much sooner.

Great character interactions. I love the humor. The male nurse and the receptionist are wonderful characters. I only recently found this show and now I hear that it is going to be cancelled. I wish the network would reconsider that decision. Changes in actors has not hurt this show as it has on others. The writing remains excellent.
  • This is the greatest show in history

Strong Medicine is a very great show and the writers should be really proud of its sucess. I think that they couldn't have gotten better actors to play the parts and the plot line is awesome. I am glad that they are finally bringing some happiness to the characters lives instead of always making bad things happen to them.
  • Their worlds(dr west and delgado) couldn't be more different but their commitment and passion brings them together. Strong Medicine is a sometimes intense, sometimes hilarious medical drama that takes us inside the world of street level medicine.

i LOVE this show!started taping every reruned episode and nightly sunday eps too.SM reminds me of ER but isn't as goory as ER is that tells you something.THis show has values..i sure hope this show has another yr on it...PETER riggs(the nurse)hes so hot for a 40 something in RL
< 1 2