Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip

B-12

Aired Monday 10:00 PM Nov 27, 2006 on NBC

• Hmmm, I think I'll have to start watching this show now.

I caught this episode last night while I was doing dishes, and got sucked in. I've watched the show before, but never gotten that into it. But it seems to be finally hitting its stride. Danny's trying to reassemble a writing staff for some reason, and it looks like that girl from "The Office" (British version) will be around for a while. Yay! And I love the guy they've brought in to help the new writers, clearly intending to keep him around if he'll stay. I love the way he stepped up and told Danny that the only way to get the new writers' stuff to the necessary level would be to put the pressure on. And it worked--then they had to pull the skit and write a new one in about twenty minutes! The revelation of Jordan's pregnancy at the end of the episode wasn't much of a surprise for anyone who follows entertainment news and knows that Amanda Peet is pregnant. The only question was whether they'd write around it or try to work it in, and I'm glad they've chosen the second route. If done well, that always makes for good drama, especially when it means they don't have to put the actress in bulky coats and strategically place her behind a desk for the rest of the season.

So a good episode, I'm glad I caught it, I guess I'll make a point of watching next week.